Sign in to follow this  
Didumos69

Cars and Mocs that fit the new arched mudguards

A whole range of cars and MOCs can take advantage of the new arched mudguards:

250x250p.jpg?1590996706.2712085

I say Chevrolet Corvette C3:

maxresdefault.jpg

@Didumos69 on the C3 the Mudguards would fit nicely on the front wheels, but the rear? I dont think so, the door is awfully close to the rear wheel arches. It would be off ~2 studs if you were to were to use them.

I think the damn color will be a huge problem for MOCing. There are too many pieces not available in this weird green.

27 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

@Didumos69 on the C3 the Mudguards would fit nicely on the front wheels, but the rear? I dont think so, the door is awfully close to the rear wheel arches. It would be off ~2 studs if you were to were to use them.

You are right of course, but if I were to make a C3, it would not have openable doors. The driver would have to hop in via the side window :wink:.

On 6/17/2020 at 7:29 AM, Gray Gear said:

I think the damn color will be a huge problem for MOCing. There are too many pieces not available in this weird green.

I don't think the situation is bad at all. Let's see if I can compile a list of Technic parts missing in Lime. I might expand the list with rare / prohibitively expensive parts.

• 85x85p.jpg 2L thin. This little fella will be missed indeed.
  • 85x85p.jpg 5L thin with axle holes. Surely workarounds will be possible.
  • 85x85p.jpg 7L thin. Not commonly used anyway, and rare in other colors too.
  • 85x85p.jpg 9L thick. This is a weird gap in the range of liftarms. But I'm confident workarounds will be possible in most cases.
  • 85x85p.jpg 6-4 bent. Seems like a big miss, but workarounds may be possible using the other bent liftarms, or this piece which has the same shape: 85x85p.jpg
  • A few other liftarms that are rarely used on the outside of MOCs anyway: 85x85p.jpg, 85x85p.jpg, 85x85p.jpg
  • 85x85p.jpg85x85p.jpg 5 x 11 panel straight and tapered. Workarounds using the 3 x 11 panel are conceivable.
  • 85x85p.jpg small 3 x 9 x 2 mudguard. Would be great to have, but it's relatively new, so let's hope for a bright future.
  • 85x85p.jpg 11 x 3 curved panel with extra pin holes. EDIT: they're available on BrickLink in Lime, and they appear genuine. We also have the smoother variant in Lime.
  • 85x85p.jpg 7 x 3 curved panel. This one will be missed.
  • We have a great selection of Technic connectors in Lime. A few that are sometimes used decoratively and may be painful to go without: 85x85p.jpg, 85x85p.jpg, 85x85p.jpg
  • 85x85p.jpg Bionicle wing. Popping up regularly in Technic MOCs, could be hard to work around.

We do have a decent selection of Technic bricks in Lime.

All lengths of flex axles are available in Lime, as well as the 10L ribbed hose.

Other decorative elements often used in Technic MOCs, such as plates, tiles, wedges, and slopes also have a great selection in Lime.

Beside the Sian, a great source of Lime Technic parts is the 8649 Nitro Menace, which may be worth picking up second-hand.

180x180p.jpg

Edited by astyanax

38 minutes ago, LvdH said:

These are actually for sale on Bricklink for some reason. A friend of mine has four of them. My guess is some of these sneaked their way out of the factory. 

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?P=11954&colorID=34

Interesting! I was relying on Rebrickable, which counts only usage in sets. Has your friend checked whether they are genuine? (They should have Lego logo and part number somewhere on them.)

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

These are actually for sale on Bricklink for some reason. A friend of mine has four of them. My guess is some of these sneaked their way out of the factory. 

My guess is someone got them from china. I didn't find them at the first place I'd usually look for something like this, but I still believe you could source there from china if you really wanted to.

Tell your friend to check the bricks for LEGO markings to confirm they are legitimate :wink:

47 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

My guess is someone got them from china. I didn't find them at the first place I'd usually look for something like this, but I still believe you could source there from china if you really wanted to.

Highly doubt it. There are ten sellers on bricklink including some of the biggest German stores. I don’t think they would risk their livelihood to sell KO pieces on Bricklink. I have asked him anyway, he’s going to check this evening. 

Edit: they’re genuine. 
800x1422.jpg
800x1422.jpg

Click the picture for full resolution photo.

Edited by LvdH

Wait a minute 

why is this part produced in 2012 ?

it haven’t been used in any set so far!?

The mould was produced in 2012 and didn’t receive any changes since, as reflected by a single part number in LEGO’s database. A lot of pieces have a date on them that goes back a year before the set it was in got into production.

4 minutes ago, AMX said:

Wait a minute 

why is this part produced in 2012 ?

it haven’t been used in any set so far!?

I think the year refers to year of introduction of the part design.

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

The mould was produced in 2012 and didn’t receive any changes since, as reflected by a single part number in LEGO’s database. A lot of pieces have a date on them that goes back a year before the set it was in got into production.

Agree, the year number should refer to the year that made the mold.

And for the topic, I think it is not hard to use the new Lime to create anything new, the problem I think might be 50 shapes of Green... Although it could be an easy fix by Photoshop.

Also on topic, I for one would love to see a lime-black Bugatti Chiron. Personally, I was never convinced by the nose of 42083. Admittedly it's a very smoothly curved car and therefore especially challenging for Lego. But perhaps one can do a smoother job using the new mudguard as well as the new tapered curved panels for the hood? Hmmmm

250x250p.jpg250x250p.jpg

On 6/17/2020 at 10:45 AM, LvdH said:

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?P=11954&colorID=34

On 6/17/2020 at 1:44 PM, LvdH said:

Highly doubt it. There are ten sellers on bricklink including some of the biggest German stores. I don’t think they would risk their livelihood to sell KO pieces on Bricklink. I have asked him anyway, he’s going to check this evening. 

Edit: they’re genuine.

[pics]

Out of morbid curiosity I ordered a couple on BrickLink and they just arrived. Mine also bear the Lego imprint, so they seem genuine indeed. Nice.

85x85p.png

Edited by astyanax