Sign in to follow this  
adde51

Floating temple of Ya'Hum

Outside the southern coast of Kaliphlin, on the mythical island of Mubarazat Al-Sayf, the temple of Ya'Hum towers towards the sky... 

49995189173_87748b889c_c.jpg

My entry to the 12x12 category for summer joust. The idea of using the wheel piece over the doorway of one of the buildings is insipred by an old build by SimonNH. 

Man, I thought I had a lot of patience, but I've got nothing compared to what it must have taken to balance those little palm trees! Again, great stuff here. Such excellently crafted details, always super impressive on such a small scale. I always thought Kaliphlin was the most beautiful guild, you are reminding of that with these wonderful additions!

A lovely little build!  The layers of water were a great idea.

I'm usually ho-hum on microscale builds, but you really killed this one.  The layered water is great, the horns over the doorway, and the golden snitch is awesome.  I don't know how you had the patience to balance those three leaf plants.  I don't even have a table in my house steady enough to do that!

This is very poetic! The way you chose the parts and built the temple is rather elegant, and those tall towers look great. As mentioned by previous commenters, the layered water is gorgeous.

Awesome vignette!  Lots of NPU on top and the water colors are great.  I think the under-island branches are my favorite part.  I'm curious if the sea could be choppier, but at this scale, waves are probably too small to represent in LEGO.

On 6/16/2020 at 10:03 PM, MassEditor said:

Man, I thought I had a lot of patience, but I've got nothing compared to what it must have taken to balance those little palm trees! Again, great stuff here. Such excellently crafted details, always super impressive on such a small scale. I always thought Kaliphlin was the most beautiful guild, you are reminding of that with these wonderful additions!

Hahaha, yeah that took some trying...:grin: . Thanks again man!

On 6/17/2020 at 2:11 AM, BadgersinMeadows said:

Really nice build. The ocean looks really nice with the gradient. Well done.

Thank you very much!

On 6/17/2020 at 3:53 AM, Kai NRG said:

A lovely little build!  The layers of water were a great idea.

Thanks, I was hoping the layers would add a little extra :wink:

On 6/17/2020 at 6:02 AM, Grover said:

I'm usually ho-hum on microscale builds, but you really killed this one.  The layered water is great, the horns over the doorway, and the golden snitch is awesome.  I don't know how you had the patience to balance those three leaf plants.  I don't even have a table in my house steady enough to do that!

Haha, thanks a lot man! Fun to do some microscale every now and then. 

On 6/17/2020 at 10:35 AM, Aurore said:

This is very poetic! The way you chose the parts and built the temple is rather elegant, and those tall towers look great. As mentioned by previous commenters, the layered water is gorgeous.

Much appreciated, thank you!

On 6/17/2020 at 3:30 PM, jtooker said:

Awesome vignette!  Lots of NPU on top and the water colors are great.  I think the under-island branches are my favorite part.  I'm curious if the sea could be choppier, but at this scale, waves are probably too small to represent in LEGO.

Thanks! Yeah I tried a few different looks for the water but the scale does make it a bit tricky :classic:

This is just lovely. No complaints, only praise. Well composed, nice shaping, sweet techniques, color choices and usage, etc.