Sign in to follow this  
BillytheKid

Piratestuff form BillytheKid

Besides mine (huge) trainlayout and love the piratetheme also. I have all sets from 1989 and few after that which fit in this style in mine eyes.

After eating dust after 10 years, I noticed many pieces were yellowed :pir-bawling: . Lucky I found a way to unyellow them with hydrogen perxide, even printed pieces worked out, lucky me :pir-huzzah2: . I also updated the theme with few better details pieces and modify here and there, also for practical use.

Still working at Eldorado Fortness, pic's will follow soon. But the Caribbean Clipper 6274 is finished and want to share this. If you like it :pir-huzzah1:, say it. If you don't like it, who cares  :pir_tong2: .

img_7601.jpg
Also added support to keep the sails full in the wind. Added 2 extra canons. Also a battledroid with lifejacket and a soldier with a slingshot. When used properly, it can hurt like hell.
img_7603a.jpg
The gouvernor has his own place to keep an eye at his treasure. And he has gloves on. See the flame to fire the canon?

img_7604.jpg
The soldier has a new backpack with green sleeproll and the sailors have also a little bag to have some things always with them.

img_7605.jpg
And the frontsail is made in same way as Imperial Flagship in the hope it won't crull together.

Anyway this set is finished to get dust for the next 10 years.........

Just now, Mister Phes said:

Good work lad! :thumbup:

I meant the piratesets of 1989 :pir-grin: .........., trains also, but that's another problem :pir-love:.

7 hours ago, BillytheKid said:

After eating dust after 10 years, I noticed many pieces were yellowed :pir-bawling: . Lucky I found a way to unyellow them with hydrogen perxide, even printed pieces worked out, lucky me :pir-huzzah2: . I also updated the theme with few better details pieces and modify here and there, also for practical use.

img_7603a.jpg

img_7604.jpg......

You added 2 more cannons, and a proper floor for the lower deck!

Awesome! :thumbup:

:cannon: 

Ah, yes! Words cannot describe how much I love this ship. Through the years I have aquired 3 of these (I had to brag a little!) because on a dark rainy windy autumn evening, building one of these is THE way to revisit lost years. I like the way you tiled the deck. Presumably these are a mixture of Reddish Brown and Brown tile pieces? It looks great. And you added a compass, which is something it missed from the start. I always felt the ship locked the best with the sails angled a bit to port (like on the box art). Nice to hear you had a good result with the hydrogen perxide, from what I can see it looks perfect, like new. In the end, 6271 is still my favorite, but the Clipper is not far behind. Also, the clipper has an anchor, which the Imperial Flagship is missing.

15 hours ago, BillytheKid said:

I meant the piratesets of 1989 :pir-grin:

I didn't interpret that in any other way. :pir-classic:

On 6/16/2020 at 4:38 PM, BillytheKid said:

After eating dust after 10 years, I noticed many pieces were yellowed

Did they become yellow because of dust or the sunlight? Anyway I think this modification is very nice and definitely the tile floor stands out the most, good job.

Dust is the problem of every AFOL, if not you don't have LEGO :pir-tongue: . Yellowing is a problem of sunlight. Now the room stays dark when I'm not around. White, light grey yellow & blue. It can be restored, if you know what you doing. Red also discolors, but that you can throw away :( .

Finally all parts are arrived and this pic shows actually what I've done to update the sets of 1989 for better detail.img_7642.jpg

Edited by BillytheKid

I like the builds a lot! I am not familiar enough with the originals to see all the mods, but it does look good.

I like the idea of the battle droid in a life jacket ('we found this iron contraption humming and going around in circles on a small deserted island. We don't know what it is or who left it there, or why, but it fights like the best of us!').

And Imperial Flagship 6271 also restored and cleaned.

img_7668.jpg

img_7671.jpg

The canons and muskets are loaded.......

img_7669.jpg

Enough firepower to defend themselves..........

img_7670.jpg

Made little improvements. Can you spot them?

img_7672.jpg

No anchor? It is LEGO, add one. With small stringdrum in a holder.