Sign in to follow this  
Corellian Corvette

Is there a way to export LDD files into Stud.io with the groups intact?

My current workflow is LDD for building, and Blueprint and Bluerender for Instructions and Rendering. I really like this process and the tools are easy and flexible, but the new parts added to LDD render Blueprint not working.

I'm trying to get comfortable with Stud.io but it's not as user friendly as LDD. 

The biggest problem I have is creating groups. Stud.io seems to make submodels which is not exactly the same as groupings in LDD. With groups I can easily add parts in-and-out, as well as take groups away from the model to work with them separately. They also make instruction creation much easier. 

Is there an equivalent for groups in Stud.io? With the function to easily and remove parts into them? Or is that functionality not there?

The group function in LDD is unique the studio sub models way of doing things is the "better" but not the same. Its a carry over from the LDraw format.

That's too bad. I find the submodels to be great when you have completely separate element, but doesn't serve the same function as groups. Also means I have to start over for building instructions. Aargh. Looks like I have to go without using the parts in LDD... :(

@Corellian Corvette
The argument has already been discussed here (and following posts) :wink:

PS: please stop crossposting, you placed the same question about Bluerender and Blueprint in three different topics, it is not allowed.

Sorry @Calabar

I know I was posting a lot but I was asking slightly different questions - some were about Bluerender and LIF files, some were about using Stud.io. I was trying to figure out multiple ways of doing the same thing. Apologies if it felt like spam.