goatman461

[Q10 - Ubrikkia - CFS] Imp Mando Coven

*Your entry has earned 16 XP*

With both the fall of the Hutts and the Empire, former slums of Ubrikkia are seeing a thriving tourist market. The local valet keeps a steady flow of speeders shuttling tourist back and forth to experience everything the trendy industrial center has the offer.

50010929481_28a71f919f_b.jpg

50010928736_feb7a9860e_b.jpg

But hidden amongst the crowd is a secret coven of dedicated Imperial Mandalorian troopers. The tables have turned. They know there time is almost up and they stay hidden as much as they can, knowing that their Imperial Beskar has put serious bounties on their heads from all sides.

50010929046_0b8ed18d5e_b.jpg

Spoiler

50010399653_0f9b5b7695_b.jpg

I'm jealous of that colour. There's a builder on Flickr called Know Your Pieces. This reminds me a lot of their work. Top stuff.

May have to knock something similar out soon. So far Clan Eldar has all been rocks and trees for me. 

Oh... Look who is active in Q10 again... ;)

I LOVE the use of parts from the Ubrikkian speeder from the cantina set. This is super clever in-universe use. In general all of the vehicles are super sweet... The building looks a little rushed, but I appreciate the use of new and old yellow bricks... It really makes the 'lived in' look of the SW universe...

I need to have another look... Good job!

6 hours ago, goatman461 said:

@Darth Bjorn It totally was rushed, but just wondering which parts look rushed

I think it's the overall impression, from many small things... E.g. bricks not connecting (I acknowledge this may be caused by using old bricks), balance between random bricks/deliberate mess, the crowd covering a rough ground, etc... Also it looks like there is more interior than the Mando room (I really appreciate the Super Commando logo on the wall btw), and it comes off like empty or hidden away when not shown...

I hope the feedback makes a little sense... :wink:

And great work on the Holo graphics! That's a really nice Nikto at the top!!!

Edited by Darth Bjorn

Thanks. 
the interior is pretty rough. I think the pictures pretty much cover what’s finished out, so yeah, lots rushed building

That’s a really great build. I love the cramped feel of it. And the holo sign looks really good.

This set is awesome, but I’d like to mention a little improvement that could be made. The minifigs aren’t really sophisticated, some parts dont fit with the rest of the body. If you could change that it would be nice.

The heavy mando looks really nice
makes me want to build the Heavy Artillery Mandalorian from The Mandalorian show using some spare parts

3 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

@Grisbee if you want to join Factions as a Mandalorian, drop me a DM. Heavy Commandos are very welcome. 

+1