Umbra-Manis

[MOC] Grand Theft Podracer

I don't usually build much in the way of Star Wars MOCs, but the last prompt for vignette week was to combine Star Wars with another theme, so on a whim I decided to go with "What if GTA had podracers?" This was all despite the fact that I've never played a single GTA game. Anyway, without further adieu, the MOC.

"Mission: Steal the podracer before the drunk Jawa or the police down the road notice"

Grand Theft PodracerGrand Theft Podracer - Top View

If anyone wants to look at the model in a 3D viewer, it can be found on mecabricks here: https://mecabricks.com/en/models/Dp2lMywGjMV

C&C Welcome!

That must have been quite a lot of work! :D It looks very complete. I like the layout of the buildings and some of the clever solutions like that tan dome sunken in the sky border or the flying doohickeys. The map in the corner is a nice touch, though it kind of calls for the cash/time/health bar in the top right. Anyway, cool crossover!

PS: How come that podracer has the energy binder while the engine is one connected unit? :D

On 6/14/2020 at 2:04 PM, Kristof said:

That must have been quite a lot of work! :D It looks very complete. I like the layout of the buildings and some of the clever solutions like that tan dome sunken in the sky border or the flying doohickeys. The map in the corner is a nice touch, though it kind of calls for the cash/time/health bar in the top right. Anyway, cool crossover!

PS: How come that podracer has the energy binder while the engine is one connected unit? :D

Thank you! I wasn't able to figure out if GTA normally has such a bar or not, because it only appeared in some of the screenshots I found and most of them seemed to be old. No real reason for the energy binder other than the podracer aesthetic, but it would keep the engines from rotating around their back connection :laugh:

16 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Both the buildings and podracer look pretty good. I especially like the police droid/drone, and the drunken Jawa is hilarious. :laugh:

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Jerry McGlade said:

Really awesome build! Really good work!

Thanks!