Mandalorianknight

Siege of Mandalore wave MOC: UPDATE: System Scale Headhunter Starfighter

UPDATE:

Republic Z-95 Headhunter Starfighter ($64.99): 637 pieces, 4 minifigures, 2 droids.

headhunter2.jpg

This was a fun build, I've always loved the headhunter design, and thought the 2013 set didn't do it justice (and used one of those massive fuselage pieces, I hate giant specialized lego parts, they defeat the purpose of lego). I tried to make the model both accurate and stable/swooshable. 

headhunterf4.jpg

Back view.

headhunterfinal.jpg

One of the main play features: similar to the 2013 model, the headhunter has a compartment towards the back. There are clips for the pilot's gun and macrobinoculars, as well as that build with the 2x2 round piece to push down on as another play feature:

headhunterf2.jpg

The "concussion missile launcher", here two stud shooters, can be pushed down from the compartment into a firing position.

headhunterf5.jpg

The cockpit.

headhunter.jpg

Final view with all the figures: 2 501st pilots (would use the pilot helmet if that existed in stud.io), Cody (new mold with visor), Obi-wan, and 2 b1 battle droids.

Let me know what you guys think of the model!

Next up will be a small one, a remake of the 2008 rebel scout speeder, then I'll probably do a TIE bomber since the lego designers apparently won't. If you have suggestions for any sets I could do from any era, let me know!

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Absolutely love all mandalorian and separatist mocs especially mandalorian battle pack and duel on mandalore. Wish we get tactical droid again too.

Another great build, (I wouldn't want to the equivalent of $65 for it though that matches pretty well with lego's current star wars prices), I look forward to seeing what you come with next.:thumbup:

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

Another great build, (I wouldn't want to the equivalent of $65 for it though that matches pretty well with lego's current star wars prices), I look forward to seeing what you come with next.:thumbup:

Thank you! I've got some smaller builds in the works but my next big project is a TIE bomber. What about you, any more wishlist sets in the vein of your excellent MTT and TIE defender?

On 7/17/2020 at 10:35 PM, PreVizsla said:

Absolutely love all mandalorian and separatist mocs especially mandalorian battle pack and duel on mandalore. Wish we get tactical droid again too.

Thank you! We really do need another tactical droid, it's been too long since the last one.

On 7/21/2020 at 5:46 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Thank you! I've got some smaller builds in the works but my next big project is a TIE bomber. What about you, any more wishlist sets in the vein of your excellent MTT and TIE defender?

Thanks, and yes I do have few more in the pipeline though they might not be finished for a while as I have quite a few projects I'm working on atm.

The Tank Droid is absolutely fantastic! 100% something I’d love to have in my collection. Do you have a Rebrickable page by chance?! 

41 minutes ago, JAddMando said:

The Tank Droid is absolutely fantastic! 100% something I’d love to have in my collection. Do you have a Rebrickable page by chance?! 

Unfortunately no, I should set one up. For now, since I can't guarantee the tank droid works in real parts (it should, but you never know. My B-wing moc worked in stud.io but I had to make some changes to get it to work in physical bricks), I can just email you the part file for free if you want.

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Unfortunately no, I should set one up. For now, since I can't guarantee the tank droid works in real parts (it should, but you never know. My B-wing moc worked in stud.io but I had to make some changes to get it to work in physical bricks), I can just email you the part file for free if you want.

That would be great! But Since I’m a new user I unfortunately can’t send messages. 

Edited by JAddMando

2 hours ago, JAddMando said:

That would be great! But Since I’m a new user I unfortunately can’t send messages. 

No problem, I'll shoot you a PM and I believe you'd then be able to respond with the email.

I'm also gonna shamelessly plug myself here, new moc wave tomorrow guys! Running a bit down to the wire on it (I've still got a bit of the final set left, and I've only done about 60% of the renders), but unless I get struck by lightning or something it'll be out tomorrow. I'll be honest, I'm pretty proud of all but one of the sets in this new wave, and I've built more of these sets in physical bricks than any other wave. It also features what I believe are the two largest stud.io models I've ever done. It's got a wide range too, with sets ranging from attack of the clones, to the last jedi, to rebels, to a set based on episodes 2,4, and 9 at the same time, even a non-canon polybag.

On 2/26/2022 at 11:04 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm late to this thread but I would also like the file.

30 minutes ago, aroseinbloom said:

I'm late to this thread but I would also like the file.

Whoah, that's a necrobump, but I'll never complain about people bringing my work back to the front page! No problem, just PM me your email and I'll send it right over!