Sign in to follow this  
Sariel

42107 Ducati Panigale V4 R [VIDEO REVIEW]

A good-looking Technic bike with a transmission, unique new pieces and Ducati license? Sign me in!

@Sariel - not having either this or the Harley or any bike but how do the tyres and wheels on the 2 models compare? I’m guessing Harley rear tyre is the widest? But can you put the wide Harley tyre on the Ducati wheels?

The way the front suspension splayed out when showing the suspension is awfull WTH! 

Sure the rake looks fairly similar to the real one but if the function doesn’t work well, fix it. 

I was excited by this set but after seeing reviews etc I’m not any longer. 

But holy moly I’ll bricklink some of those fat tyres!

Looks like I am the only one, for who the paddock stand works reasonably well. I must tilt ~5° to reach the tipping point. I didn't built it with full body panels as I modded mine, but still.

Nice review with some inaccuracies, but overall I share the final note. I like the new dynamic 3D backdrop, good job @Sariel!

@MangaNOID The tires are available at Pick-a-brick site too(at least n my country), just ordered.

Edited by agrof

7 hours ago, Seasider said:

@Sariel - not having either this or the Harley or any bike but how do the tyres and wheels on the 2 models compare? I’m guessing Harley rear tyre is the widest? But can you put the wide Harley tyre on the Ducati wheels?

If you would compare these tires, they are in the following scale:

1. "1x-wide" is a normal road tire, already presented in pervious bikes
  2. "1.5x-wide" is a rear tire of Ducati - it still mounts on a singe rim but significantly wider
  3. "2x-wide" is a rear tire of Harley - it mounts on two rims together.

Good review. Nice to see the wider tyre for the rear and the transmission is very nice.

H

17 hours ago, Void_S said:

If you would compare these tires, they are in the following scale:

1. "1x-wide" is a normal road tire, already presented in pervious bikes
  2. "1.5x-wide" is a rear tire of Ducati - it still mounts on a singe rim but significantly wider
  3. "2x-wide" is a rear tire of Harley - it mounts on two rims together.

Thanks

Very good review, thanks that.

I wouldn't say it's a "whole bunch of new parts", at the end it's only the wider (long awaited) wheel and the new shocks, which doesn't add any value to existing ones (no additional attaching point) besides the looks.

But man, the face comparison ...:iamded_lol::iamded_lol::iamded_lol:

11 hours ago, MegaRoi said:

I wouldn't say it's a "whole bunch of new parts", at the end it's only the wider (long awaited) wheel and the new shocks, which doesn't add any value to existing ones (no additional attaching point) besides the looks.

+ Brake disc rotors, and the Bugatti wheel hubs in LBG. That is pretty something for a medium sized set.