I wanted to design medieval inn which is filled with life, guests and is actually playable. So it’s bigger than usual designs (maybe as big as some castle builds … but I like it the way :) ). Roof and main four windows are removable. If there is cold outside, you can sit next to the fireplace which uses lite cube for nice fire effect :) .

As part of the build, there is a tree with sign which points the travelers towards the Inn. Stables are on the right side. Outdoors is filled with life and all kinds of pets (cat, dog, chickens and pig) which are all taken care of by lovely satyr.

As one of the main goals was playability (I have kids :) ), I’ve deliberately didn’t use flat tiles on the floor and chairs. While very nice to look at, I know how unhappy me and my kids are, when we bump into our build and everything falls down. Tables and furniture has also few pegs to hold glasses and plates in place.

Build has 2 800 peaces and uses different part on minifigures, old and new lego figures.

I’ve already done few playtests with my daughter and Inn did well. :)

I hope you will like it.

DSCN4020_main2.jpg

DSCN4151.jpg

DSCN4019.jpg

DSCN4035.JPG

DSCN4092.JPG

DSCN4073.jpg

A fantastic build. I really think that the inside of the Inn has atmosphere, like they could start moving at any moment in some Lego stop-motion.

I also like the use of natural light, which probably helps with that feeling of life.

1 minute ago, leafan said:

A fantastic build. I really think that the inside of the Inn has atmosphere, like they could start moving at any moment in some Lego stop-motion.

I also like the use of natural light, which probably helps with that feeling of life.

Thank you very much :)

But is seems like it's missing something ... maybe something to catch the eye ... I donno.

I does not do very well on IDEAs so far ... It's not doing bad, don't get me wrong. I just though it'll "touch" more people :)

My secret hope was to get to 1k mark :) Now I'm scared to get even to 100 :D

Any suggestions how to imrove in future builds?

1 minute ago, Bubis said:

Thank you very much :)

But is seems like it's missing something ... maybe something to catch the eye ... I donno.

I does not do very well on IDEAs so far ... It's not doing bad, don't get me wrong. I just though it'll "touch" more people :)

My secret hope was to get to 1k mark :) Now I'm scared to get even to 100 :D

Any suggestions how to imrove in future builds?

I'm not the best person to ask for technical tips, but I can offer my opinion.

As you know, overall I like it a lot, but if I were to nitpick then I don't really get along with fleshie minifigures in non-licenced themes and especially so when they're mixed with tradtional yellow. Just seems like a mis-match.

Other than that, I reckon you could remove the 2nd baseplate and build a smaller body of water under the pier, if you still wanted it. If you were to make it to production, TLG would never release it with a baseplate like that and would be forced to change that part, in my opinion.

In regard to the Idea not achieving the support that you thought that it would, I'd say that very few zoom through the stages. You are only a few off getting extra time at 100 votes. Then you have so much more time to build support to get the next extension, which is 1000 votes and also matches you initial target. In short, don't give up or get disheartened.

1 minute ago, leafan said:

I'm not the best person to ask for technical tips, but I can offer my opinion.

As you know, overall I like it a lot, but if I were to nitpick then I don't really get along with fleshie minifigures in non-licenced themes and especially so when they're mixed with tradtional yellow. Just seems like a mis-match.

Other than that, I reckon you could remove the 2nd baseplate and build a smaller body of water under the pier, if you still wanted it. If you were to make it to production, TLG would never release it with a baseplate like that and would be forced to change that part, in my opinion.

In regard to the Idea not achieving the support that you thought that it would, I'd say that very few zoom through the stages. You are only a few off getting extra time at 100 votes. Then you have so much more time to build support to get the next extension, which is 1000 votes and also matches you initial target. In short, don't give up or get disheartened.

Thank you very much for your feedback. Much appreciated :)

There is a big celebration here at the Inn. Come and join us as we celebrate 100 supports! :)

Innkeeper thanks all and hopes we can get this party to continue and 1000!

Hope we will see us there! :)

Cheers!

You Innkeeper

PS: Want to celebrate with us? You can do so by supporting us at https://ideas.lego.com/projects/805c3c81-efaf-418d-a4a3-c262251dee4a

DSCN4197_3_jpg.jpg

I would like to thank all who supported Ye Olde Dragon’s Inn project so far! Also many thanks for positive and constructive feedback. Based on that, I’ve updated project with following features:
-    I’ve added few more accessories and decoration all over the Inn
-    I’ve added wooden planking on the floor (still left some pegs here and there)
-    I’ve added tiles in the hotel and storage room
-    I’ve added more details and points of interest to the roof to break its surface a little bit – mainly some damaged tiles, two skylights and owl nest
-    I’ve unified skin colors of figures to standard yellow where possible (for one character, I didn’t have a face which would have kept the spirit of that character so I left him as he was)

Things from the feedback I was not able to do:
-    Hand model body of water and loose the big water tile
-    Build roof from tiles and planks

Reason for that is that I don’t have bricks and tiles in suitable colors and amount.

Thanks to your feedback Inn looks much better now! Thanks!

More pictures at part of Lego IDEAs update. Please support updated project at https://ideas.lego.com/projects/805c3c81-efaf-418d-a4a3-c262251dee4a/updates

DSCN4251.JPG

DSCN4231_2.jpg

DSCN4264.JPG

Great build, looks very good, the outside and inside as well. Like the colors too.
Looks like a cosy place to go for a drink :classic:

Just now, neonic said:

Great build, looks very good, the outside and inside as well. Like the colors too.
Looks like a cosy place to go for a drink :classic:

Thanks! :) Please support and share! :)