I have recently purchased a set with a pull back motor for MOC parts, what interesting uses have other found for the pull back motors?

I guess you could use it as a short-term energy storage, to drive some function that has to work for a short while without electricity. I don't know what kind of practical applications there would be though.

Maybe this helps to gather some ideas. :wink:

+ from Lipko

Edited by agrof

There are a few who have put them to good use in clocks. One particularly nice one is Didumos69's, as seen below: 

9 hours ago, paul_delahaye said:

I'm trying to think if it could somehow be incorported into becoming a winch?  but I'm not sure how.

I've thought of it before, but thanks to the fact it has a different gear ratio when being wound up versus when released, it would be quite tricky to counter the ratio difference for something like a winch

Hi this MOC I did uses one as kind of a spring tension to push up an unlocking mechanism for a timer gadget. The advantage of a pullback motor used in this way allows you to adjust the tension by winding the motor up more or less.

I've tried to use them a few time in winches but one thing I could never get around is the fact that they have a very high torque output for a very short period of time and then mostly spin freely and so I could never use them to pull big loads. Even when gearing them down and using gearboxes