Bundeslego

[MOC] Modular Eames Case Study House #8

Hello all,

I am new to this forum, so I hope I am not doing this too wrong:

I have uploaded my Modular Eames Case Study House #8 in Lego ideas:

Lego ideas Eames Case Study House #8

Of course, I would be super happy about your support, but as this really seems to be an expert forum and I am totally new to the scene, I am actually also looking a bit for advice:

-Looking at my project, what could I have solved better?

-How do you guys get people in Lego ideas to find your project and support it? Maybe it is just my special taste, but I have the feeling that some of the most brilliant models are pretty much invisible there. 

Thank you very much in advance!

Bundeslego

P.S. almost forgot to post the pictures:

49992574031_d704618bac_z.jpg

49992573961_b491fdcb9a_z.jpg

49992053518_22ebc6dddc_z.jpg

49992573786_9ec6012966_z.jpg

49992573876_2aa3a61a97_z.jpg

49992921917_21dc5ca1e3_z.jpg

49992924367_75cbab2490_z.jpg

Cheers mate! Allthough, being very German, I was actually more looking for the things that are 'scheiße', to improve them :wink:

14 minutes ago, Bundeslego said:

-Looking at my project, what could I have solved better?

Hah, nothing. Its a fantastic build. Don't doubt yourself again!

15 minutes ago, Bundeslego said:

-How do you guys get people in Lego ideas to find your project and support it? Maybe it is just my special taste, but I have the feeling that some of the most brilliant models are pretty much invisible there.

Either be a selfless social media promoter or make a great creation. Yours is the latter, I think this will be very well received. Excellent creation and welcome aboard.

Nicely done! I'm supporting it - would love the chance at a LEGO Eames House after the one planned for the Architecture line never saw the light of day. As for what I'd improve - the use of ladders to delineate the window frames is quite clever, but makes the front façade feel very heavy and dark. Do you think the build could be rearranged so that they're directly behind the window panels to give the impression of a flush surface?

I had no clue, Lego planned an Eames house for the architecture series. Would be very interested to see pictures of the prototype. I only found MOCs. I hope they dropped it because of problems with the part Supply, not because of missing Market potential.

Your idea to put the ladders behind the windows is good, but would lead to another disadvantage: Not all parts behind the ladders are transparent, so they would be hidden. Wouldn't know how to fix that.

Btw: Thank you for the support! How could I forget that?

Edited by Bundeslego

15 hours ago, Bundeslego said:

Hello all,

You have to keep engaging with the people who you want the support of.

I only had one project which went to 10k, and that was a while ago, but I think a good way to do it is to join the different FB lego groups and post fresh content once a month or so in addition to updating this thread. People don't like to feel spammed with the same ad, but they do like seeing new stuff so take more photos, arrange dioramas, put it in a town layout, or even historical info about Eames. Send emails to architecture magazines to see if they are interested in posting about it on their sites (I reached out to tech blogs about my Apple Store).

Edited by gotoAndLego

48 minutes ago, gotoAndLego said:

You have to keep engaging with the people who you want the support of.

I only had one project which went to 10k, and that was a while ago, but I think a good way to do it is to join the different FB lego groups and post fresh content once a month or so in addition to updating this thread. People don't like to feel spammed with the same ad, but they do like seeing new stuff so take more photos, arrange dioramas, put it in a town layout, or even historical info about Eames. Send emails to architecture magazines to see if they are interested in posting about it on their sites (I reached out to tech blogs about my Apple Store).

Thank you, that sounds like good recommendations. I already wrote the Eames Foundation, the people who manage the house as a Museum today. I Think they are mostly ancestors of the Eames and really liked it, so they will show it on Facebook (they don't post anything currently, to leave more room for 'Black life matters'. Find that remarkable, by the way). That made me very proud, but I guess the impact in the number of supporters will be limited, as creating an Account is a big hurdle.

Still you are right, I probably underestimated the effect of the Facebook groups, I'll give it a try. Thanx again.

Edited by Bundeslego

Just for those who are interested: I really tried some facebook groups for about a week or so, and I received ca. 15 additional supporters for a couple of days in Lego ideas. That was sufficient to increase the overal visibility of my project, so now I get a higher regular support. So thank you again, @gotoAndLego, that was indeed a good hint!

Glad that helped. Consider posting updates to the FB groups with new photos. Keep it fresh and in everyones' minds without being repetitive.

On 6/23/2020 at 2:54 AM, gotoAndLego said:

Glad that helped. Consider posting updates to the FB groups with new photos. Keep it fresh and in everyones' minds without being repetitive.

Yeah, when I reach 500 supporters I will do a little update. That I would also post in FB. As you mentioned, I just don't want to post too offen, cause I find that super annoying myself. You should offer courses on how to Boost lego ideas! Really helpful ?

just a little update on this story: On Wednesday, the Eames Foundation shared my model on Facebook and Insta. The Eames Foundation is running the Eames house today as Museum and seems to consist to large parts of family members of Charles and Ray Eames. So I currently feel super honored. It's great to see what positive impact Lego and Social Media can have...original:0:0