Sign in to follow this  
adde51

Qa'Yids residence in Mophet

At the residence of Qa'Yid, one of the more wealthy inhabitants of Mophet, all is not well...
Qa'Yids work as a ship captain keeps him away from home quite a bit, and as a result of this, his wife has started showing a little too much interest in the pool-boy...

49968278141_25fc08042a_c.jpg

Yet another addition to Mophet, more will follow :laugh:. And a big thank you to everyone that commented on my previous posts, really appreciate it!

I like the colours and textures on this moc, and the water is nice too. It's always nice to see more of Mophet, keep it up! :dhappy:

Cheese wedges at the top create a nice effect. Working in those teacup plates as decorative elements on the wall echos the wallpaper bricks used above them.  Nice MOC. :thumbup:

Excellent arches and floor designs, adde!  The wallpaper and cheese slopes are great too, and I'm a fan of those blue flowers!  

A super build. Love the integration of those sand green and white bricks, and the "target" style pattern around the pool. The architecture captures the Kaliphlin feel perfectly.

Great choice of colors here and I really like the way you did the arches with an extra bump on top, looks very Kaliphlinian!  The pool looks really nice too!

Really great additions to Mophet lately! Excellent color usage throughout, especially with the coral in the floor :thumbup:

On 6/10/2020 at 2:39 PM, jtooker said:

Great use of the wall paper bricks surrounded by the plates!

On 6/10/2020 at 5:00 PM, Eoin Wallace said:

I like the colours and textures on this moc, and the water is nice too. It's always nice to see more of Mophet, keep it up! :dhappy:

On 6/10/2020 at 9:04 PM, mrcp6d said:

Cheese wedges at the top create a nice effect. Working in those teacup plates as decorative elements on the wall echos the wallpaper bricks used above them.  Nice MOC. :thumbup:

On 6/10/2020 at 10:18 PM, Garmadon said:

Excellent arches and floor designs, adde!  The wallpaper and cheese slopes are great too, and I'm a fan of those blue flowers!  

On 6/11/2020 at 10:49 AM, Basiliscus said:

A super build. Love the integration of those sand green and white bricks, and the "target" style pattern around the pool. The architecture captures the Kaliphlin feel perfectly.

On 6/11/2020 at 8:38 PM, Kai NRG said:

Great choice of colors here and I really like the way you did the arches with an extra bump on top, looks very Kaliphlinian!  The pool looks really nice too!

On 6/11/2020 at 10:25 PM, Umbra-Manis said:

Really great additions to Mophet lately! Excellent color usage throughout, especially with the coral in the floor :thumbup:

Thanks a lot everyone! Very glad you liked it. Been on a bit of a roll lately with my Mophet builds so very happy people seem to appreciate them!

I really love watching Mophet grow.  The colors you have here are great, especially that green tilework and the light blue flowers.  The photo makes the water look like it has a lot of depth, which is great.  I didn't know that oil lamp came in blue, but it looks good!  The tilework in the covered hallway is very nice, and I like the tea saucer ornamentation.  I haven't made up my mind about the salmon tiles near the fountain, if they make it look too busy or not, but you did a good job keeping them subtle, so I think they work.  As usual, very well done!

On 6/17/2020 at 5:58 AM, Grover said:

I really love watching Mophet grow.  The colors you have here are great, especially that green tilework and the light blue flowers.  The photo makes the water look like it has a lot of depth, which is great.  I didn't know that oil lamp came in blue, but it looks good!  The tilework in the covered hallway is very nice, and I like the tea saucer ornamentation.  I haven't made up my mind about the salmon tiles near the fountain, if they make it look too busy or not, but you did a good job keeping them subtle, so I think they work.  As usual, very well done!

Thank you very much! I was a little concerned about the salmon as well but tried to keep it sort of subtle. Cheers!

Great MOC! I especially love the use of the wallpaper bricks. I might have to borrow that technique if it's ok with you!

On 6/19/2020 at 10:07 PM, socalbricks said:

Great MOC! I especially love the use of the wallpaper bricks. I might have to borrow that technique if it's ok with you!

Thanks a lot! Borrow away, haha :laugh: