Sign in to follow this  
Celloguy

Neo-Classic Space LL-942 Star Fire II

LL-942 Star Fire II

LL-942 Star Fire II

LL-942 Star Fire II

LL-942 Classic box art

The LL-942 was designed for use in high density atmospheres, and also to be able to withstand manoeuvres in high gravitational fields. Early exploratory missions included many to gas and ice giants, its natural habitat, but it soon proved so popular with Federation pilots that it became one of the most used ships in active service.

A Classic Space spaceship I built for the 40th anniversary of the theme last year, in lovely old grey. I also decided to do a retro version of the build with box art to match!

Edited by Celloguy

6 hours ago, Umbra-Manis said:

Love it! Engine section is probably my favorite

Thanks! You can see high resolution versions if you click through to Flickr and then click download see all sizes - and go to the biggest one (no need to actually download)

Fantastic!  I can't get enough of the Classic Space stuff!  The detail on the underside is probably my favorite part of this build.  Great SNOT work all around - especially those 1x2 hinge plate connections that attach the detail to the leading edge of the wings.  Also, the blue fin elements that are oriented on the horizontal, just forward of the engines - I have never seen that piece integrated with those two slope elements before!  Great work!!

19 hours ago, lowlead said:

Fantastic!  I can't get enough of the Classic Space stuff!  The detail on the underside is probably my favorite part of this build.  Great SNOT work all around - especially those 1x2 hinge plate connections that attach the detail to the leading edge of the wings.  Also, the blue fin elements that are oriented on the horizontal, just forward of the engines - I have never seen that piece integrated with those two slope elements before!  Great work!!

Thanks so much! Yes I was happy with the underside, hence doing a separate "Space Scene" edit just for that one! I'd never seen the blue fin elements used like that either - probably the only bit that could be used in a real set!

15 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

What a gorgeous MOC ...I love the shape of this space ship! :wub:

I like the picture with the front page of this imaginary set! :thumbup:

Thanks man! So glad! 

15 hours ago, Jerry McGlade said:

Awesome model! Fantastic recreation of the Space series 

Cheers! Means a lot. I have a lot more in progress, and have posted a lot on my Flickr too. :)

I like it a lot. When seen from the side, I get the feeling of small blue spaceship put on/into a bigger wing for temporary atmospheric duties. 

Edited by jan kusters

On 6/10/2020 at 2:21 AM, Celloguy said:

LL-942 Classic box art

I love this retro version so much! My heart skips a beat when I see it.

On 6/12/2020 at 2:52 PM, jan kusters said:

I like it a lot. When seen from the side, I get the feeling of small blue spaceship put on/into a bigger wing for temporary atmospheric duties. 

Yes, I totally see that! Not the original intention but its a great idea/interpretation

On 6/12/2020 at 7:05 PM, danth said:

I love this retro version so much! My heart skips a beat when I see it.

Hehe! So glad!

On 6/13/2020 at 9:34 AM, carebear said:

This classic spaceship looks amazing! ( love love the way you made the pictures )

Thanks very much! I love making that extra effort to put the photograph in a background!

On 6/17/2020 at 7:44 AM, deraven said:

Very nice, and that greebling on the underside is just great.  :classic:

Thank you! :)