Rubblemaker

[MOC] Let slip the dogs of war

Hi all. I’ve just completed this moc made of about 3,000 pieces. Its called 'Let slip the dogs of war' and is a post-apocalyptic scene in which a huge dog-like mech encounters a small dog which its programming cannot decide is a friend or foe. 

It took 2 months to design and build. I started with the intention of just making a black 4 legged mech which quickly grew into this much larger project. You can see more on my Flickr page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/164260086@N06/albums/72157714646203501/with/49990760626/ or my Instagram: @rubblemaker_lego

Let slip the dogs of war

Let slip the dogs of war

Let slip the dogs of warLet slip the dogs of war

Edited by Rubblemaker

8 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Great story, great scene! :wub:

The broken water pipe is an amazing touch! :thumbup:

Thanks :) it was all looking a bit colourless until I had the idea of making it half flooded. Needed a source for the flooding, really pleased that you noticed it! :)

8 hours ago, Jerry McGlade said:

Awesome creation!

Thanks mate :)

6 hours ago, leafan said:

Good work @Rubblemaker!

The mech reminds me of the 80's Zoid Great Sabre:

51q8IC3WagL.jpg

Does look a bit like it. Cool! I never really looked at zoids much back then, I was a transformers kid ;)

Edited by Rubblemaker

On 7/3/2020 at 10:24 AM, CrazyKreations said:

Very nice, love this. This should be in a movie, it would be amazing.

Hmmmm...... *scratches chin and ponders turning it into a stop motion movie.... hmmmm.... 

This is great all around. The little scene you built around the mech is nicely done & the mech is fantastic. After seeing the Scuttler, this is something I could see Batman using. That mech is quite formidable looking...that’s a very brave dog. 

On 7/10/2020 at 7:23 AM, Vindicare said:

This is great all around. The little scene you built around the mech is nicely done & the mech is fantastic. After seeing the Scuttler, this is something I could see Batman using. That mech is quite formidable looking...that’s a very brave dog. 

Damn! I wasn’t even aware of the Scuttler until I read your reply here and googled it. Pretty awesome looking set, and thanks for the compliments. :)

17 hours ago, Rubblemaker said:

Damn! I wasn’t even aware of the Scuttler until I read your reply here and googled it. Pretty awesome looking set, and thanks for the compliments. :)

It’s such a fun set & a great build. If you can, I highly recommend grabbing it. It would make a fine companion for your dog. 

3 hours ago, Vindicare said:

It’s such a fun set & a great build. If you can, I highly recommend grabbing it. It would make a fine companion for your dog. 

I may well indeed do that. Though knowing me, I'd probably just use the pieces in it for mocs. Looks like it has some interesting parts. Already giving me ideas.... ?

Excellent creation! Great sculpturing, texturing and detailing - with a dash of humour. All the drama of Shakespeare encapsulated in the quote: ‘Cry Havoc! And let slip the dogs of war.’

On 7/21/2020 at 1:36 AM, AmperZand said:

Excellent creation! Great sculpturing, texturing and detailing - with a dash of humour. All the drama of Shakespeare encapsulated in the quote: ‘Cry Havoc! And let slip the dogs of war.’

Yes!!!! Finally, someone got the Shakespeare connection! Nice! And thanks for the kind words. ???