Sign in to follow this  
codyaner

"The Empire Strikes Back" in LEGO

Beautiful work again! The dioramas are excellent and the photography is very impressive, so consistently lit and composed. I really can’t wait to see the battle now!

8 hours ago, AndrewShun said:

So no 'I thought they smelled bad on the outside' scene?
eh

No, from a building perspective that scene was too boring. 

@all: Thanks for the compliments. Looking forward to share any further progress with you. 

14 hours ago, codyaner said:

No, from a building perspective that scene was too boring.

It still is one of the most reprised quotes from the movie.

Anywho... it's not like all of the presented shots are sparkling with unique building aesthetics

Glad to see you've started tackling ESB after your wonderful work on Ep IV.

I loved all of them but in particular I have to mention the lighting on the bacta tank and the perspective on "This is Rogue 2", those details are stunning.
My only gripe is poor luke still in his bacta undies while the rest of the gang visits him, when a simple ep IV torso and white legs could have sold the dressing gown thing he's wearing in the movie, but I guess you wanted to use the fig more than just the once :D

3 hours ago, Per_SW said:

Glad to see you've started tackling ESB after your wonderful work on Ep IV.

I loved all of them but in particular I have to mention the lighting on the bacta tank and the perspective on "This is Rogue 2", those details are stunning.
My only gripe is poor luke still in his bacta undies while the rest of the gang visits him, when a simple ep IV torso and white legs could have sold the dressing gown thing he's wearing in the movie, but I guess you wanted to use the fig more than just the once :D

To be honest, I realized the mistake with Luke still wearing his Bacta Suit after shooting the photo and dismantling the build :( So no chance to correct this mistake. 

But thanks for your compliments :)

Hello everyone,

just a little update to the building Series with 2 new builds. 

The next scenes will be: Darth Vader killing Admiral Ozzel, Rebels prepare for Battle of Hoth (Trenches), Ion Cannon attacking Star Destroyers

50104435517_75ed8d03a5_w.jpgPart 13: Han and Chewie vs. the Imperial Probe Droid by Codyaner_bricks, auf Flickr

50144660708_869f8be680_w.jpgPart 14: „Set your course for the Hoth system.  General Veers, prepare you men.“ by Codyaner_bricks, auf Flickr

Fantastic start of Episode V! The opening scenes are great. The Echo Base interior is quite nice as well.

Looking forward the next episodes of this season! 

fantastic

I am trying to recreate a very small part of the assault on Hoth (75098) facing AT-AT + AT-DP + AT-ST

I hope to have time, budget and enough space to have also a small base in the future

Hello everything,

today I'd like to share my current progress of the Battle of Hoth with you. Hope you like it and I am really looking forward to some feedback from you guys.

50506598311_f917cc3ab3.jpgPart 19: „We have spotted Imperial walkers!“ by Codyaner_bricks, on Flickr

50529256257_5b71e3eaf4.jpgPart 20: AT-AT Assault by Codyaner_bricks, on Flickr

50606475046_d6b4d46ec1.jpgPart 21: The Battle of Hoth begins! by Codyaner_bricks, on Flickr

50610610221_0f512f4289.jpgPart 22: „Rogue Group, use your harpoons and tow cables.  Go for the legs. It might be our only chance of stopping them.“ by Codyaner_bricks, on Flickr

50642270036_a631eb70d7.jpgPart 23: „Whooha!  That got him!“ by Codyaner_bricks, on Flickr

50647050718_7b89152da2.jpgPart 24: „Hobbie, I've been hit!“ by Codyaner_bricks, on Flickr

50656420411_c763697325.jpgPart 25: Luke Skywalker vs. AT-AT by Codyaner_bricks, on Flickr

Kind regards
Codyaner

Hello everyone,

today I'd like to share the last update of this year with you. Finally I completed all Hoth scenes and I can now continue with some more colorful Builds on Dagobah. 

Enjoy and marry X-MAS!

50744966261_f939b15908.jpgPart 26: „Distance to power generators?“ by Codyaner_bricks, on Flickr

50745086317_74da058cf2.jpgPart 27: „Target. Maximum fire power.“ by Codyaner_bricks, on Flickr

50744251758_80916a323d.jpgPart 28: Invading Hoth Echo Base. by Codyaner_bricks, on Flickr

50744993411_e10e5c8891.jpgPart 29: Escape from Hoth Echo Base by Codyaner_bricks, on Flickr

Wow! Great scenes, great builds! I like how you use special light for lamps and fire. I see that there is a lot of work in these 10 or so pictures (Hoth included). Keep up the good work :)

53 minutes ago, MaceWindu said:

Wow! Great scenes, great builds! I like how you use special light for lamps and fire. I see that there is a lot of work in these 10 or so pictures (Hoth included). Keep up the good work :)

Thanks man, really appreciate it. At the moment Empire Strikes back has 35 Scenes in total. I aim for approx 60 Builds. 

Amazing as always, you've outdone yourself again. The level of detail is fabulous. The detail on the asteroid in the last picture is perfect.

On 1/29/2021 at 11:35 PM, Stuartn said:

Amazing as always, you've outdone yourself again. The level of detail is fabulous. The detail on the asteroid in the last picture is perfect.

Thanks mate. Really appreciate your comment :)