Kaero

[software] applyBLorder: Bricklink & Multiple Orders & Multiple Wanted lists

applyBLorder

• What it does: applies Bricklink Order to a Bricklink Wanted list in correct way, works with downloaded files.
  • Output: new Wanted list with increased have count, new Order with decreased ordered count.
  • When to use: If you have one or more orders for multiple Wanted lists.
  • Help: step by step how to is on the project page.
  • Project pagehttps://gitlab.com/KaeroDot/applyblorder/
  • Interface: GUI, console
  • Availability: source code, binaries
  • License: MIT (open source free software)

Details:

Software applyBLorder applies Bricklink order to a Bricklink wanted list. Generates a new wanted list with increased have count, and a new order with decreased ordered count. Software can handle bricks with any color. A table summary is generated to show the status of the newly generated wanted list showing you which and how many bricks have been assigned from the order. 

Using this software, you can apply bricklink order onto first wanted list, then the newly created order (with decreased amount of bricks) apply to second wanted list etc. till the order is empty. The first wanted list will take most of the bricks so you should select the one most important for you. The software generates new wanted lists that you can upload to bricklink and continue with ordering of new bricks for your wanted lists.

Motivation:

Bricklink gives you possibility to have multiple wanted lists. Also you can easily plan buying bricks from multiple wanted lists. Unfortunately, if you try to apply your received order to first wanted list, and than to second wanted list, you will find that you own more bricks than you ordered. Why? Because applying order adds have bricks to the wanted list, but do not remove bricks from the order.

Screenshots:

applyBLorderG.jpg

htmllog.jpg

Edited by Kaero
better description, screenshots

16 hours ago, M2m said:

This looks useful! Thanks for sharing !

Thanks. The most important thing - let me know what you liked and what needs improvement. I have no idea what is workflow of other people.

Thanks for sharing your tool.

If you edit the first post of this topic inserting some screenshots and a little guide (in brief, add a more "colourful" presentation of the software), I'll add it to the section index! :classic:

Edited by Calabar

4 hours ago, Calabar said:

Thanks for sharing your tool.

If you edit the first post of this topic inserting some screenshots and a little guide (in brief, add a more "colourful" presentation of the software), I'll add it to the section index! :classic:

done.

@Kaero

Thanks.
It seems to me that some important informations are missing anyway. Is the software provided as binary or source only? In this last case ho to compile/execute it? What about compatibility? Windows only? Multiple OS? Platform independent? Dos it require Bricklink's internal authentication? And go on...
Probably I could get the answer to some of these questions reading more carefully or looking at the project page, but I think that a presentation page should report clearly this kind of informations.

5 hours ago, Calabar said:

@Kaero

Thanks.
It seems to me that some important informations are missing anyway. Is the software provided as binary or source only? In this last case ho to compile/execute it? What about compatibility? Windows only? Multiple OS? Platform independent? Dos it require Bricklink's internal authentication? And go on...
Probably I could get the answer to some of these questions reading more carefully or looking at the project page, but I think that a presentation page should report clearly this kind of informations.

I could copy all the informations from the project webpage here, together with detailed how to use with all the images. The issue is, if something changes, I have to modify it on the project webpage and also here. This often leads to outdated information, just take a look at forums of other software, there is a lot of outdated things. But to click on the link and to read that for latest version one can download either source code or binary for windows and linux takes about five seconds.

So I understand you want more informations here, but you should also understand that I like to keep data on one place.

@Kaero
I can understand that have a second page to update implies a bit of extra work, but I think that main informations at least should be reported here too.
I don't mean you should report detailed informations, but a brief view is necessary. Info such as OS compatibility, availability of a binary and such are informations that probably change very rarely.
Beside remember that many users have no familiarity with software development platforms and could be lost if they have to find and understand information from an external source.
Only a little list with the main info is needed.

Edited by Calabar

2 hours ago, Calabar said:

@Kaero
I can understand that have a second page to update implies a bit of extra work, but I think that main informations at least should be reported here too.
I don't mean you should report detailed informations, but a brief view is necessary. Info such as OS compatibility, availability of a binary and such are informations that probably change very rarely.
Beside remember that many users have no familiarity with software development platforms and could be lost if they have to find and understand information from an external source.
Only a little list with the main info is needed.

It is there already: "Download source code or linux, windows binary, read help and how to on the source page:"
Maybe grammar is bad? I am sorry I am not native speaker.

Grammar is surely good, but these data are not easily detectable at a glance (in fact I missed them at start! :grin: ).
I mean it would be useful a sort of application sheet, a brief scheme reporting (schematically) these (and in case other) important data.

Something like:

• OS compatibility: Windows, Linux
  • Interface: executable console or GUI
  • Availability: source code and binaries
  • Programming Language: Pyton
  • License: MIT License (free software)
  • Notes: works on files downloaded from Bricklink as wanted links (no bricklink login inside the software required)

I think it is more readable than a conversational.only presentation. :classic:

11 hours ago, Calabar said:

Grammar is surely good, but these data are not easily detectable at a glance (in fact I missed them at start! :grin: ).
I mean it would be useful a sort of application sheet, a brief scheme reporting (schematically) these (and in case other) important data.

Something like:

• OS compatibility: Windows, Linux
  • Interface: executable console or GUI
  • Availability: source code and binaries
  • Programming Language: Pyton
  • License: MIT License (free software)
  • Notes: works on files downloaded from Bricklink as wanted links (no bricklink login inside the software required)

I think it is more readable than a conversational.only presentation. :classic:

Ah, now I understand you. Done.