As the 8845 was my first ever Technic model i decided to give it a redesign to modern stud less design.

I have tried to keep it as much like the original as possible. This was awkward for the steering as that is 10 studs wide and steering for Technic is all odd, 7 long racks or limited like on the Corvett 42093 and the Race Kart 42048.

The wheels are a bit oversized but i don't think Lego do anything closer. and the rear cargo area is a bit gappy.

Hope you like it

You can get some free instructions here

640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg

1 hour ago, JunkstyleGio said:

You should use the Stud.io recolouring tool to give the wheel a  more rubbery look 

Thanks for that I had missed that they had rubber colours now i have to re-render all my other models as they also have shiny tyres :grin:

I did this one quickly.

640x360.jpg

Adorable, must have! ? 

Thanks for the instruction! 

39 minutes ago, myvideo000 said:

I think that the grey-black front part has to be swapped around with grey on top.  

yeah that's a bit of a problem the original used plates which were 1/3 high and now we have beams that are 1/2 high you can add another but then it's a bit to high at the front.

Nice refresh, and  I did not even know this model existed... It is older that I am for sure :wink: 

Do you have built it irl too?

4 hours ago, Cardboy said:

yeah that's a bit of a problem the original used plates which were 1/3 high and now we have beams that are 1/2 high you can add another but then it's a bit to high at the front.

I don't see the problem. (I know, the yellow seats are still missing. After my order arrives, they will be available to me)

Screenshot.png

Rendering can be done during the night! You can make a cue list and the computer does the thing.

Even a little movie doesn't take that long. (Just under an hour.)

8845%20reduc_Copy.gif?download&psid=1

17 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

Nice refresh, and  I did not even know this model existed... It is older that I am for sure :wink: 

Do you have built it irl too?

I did build in irl just my photo skills are worse then the CG render also I don't have all the right colours so it's using Blue seats atm.

13 hours ago, myvideo000 said:

I don't see the problem. (I know, the yellow seats are still missing. After my order arrives, they will be available to me) 

Screenshot.png

Very nice i was looking at the original 8845 and yes it starts grey then black so you are correct but i quite like the black to finish on the grill

3 hours ago, Cardboy said:

Very nice i was looking at the original 8845 and yes it starts grey then black so you are correct but i quite like the black to finish on the grill

No problem. The nice thing with Lego is the flexibility and creativity. For example I like my version of the roof despite of the blue pins more than your version closer to the original, I added some more liftarms in the frame and turned around the wheels.