Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

CLUES: The Beginning

Either way, it's still a bit on the drafty side in here. There's got to be a fireplace around here we can go to. Perhaps use it a general meeting place? It's light, heat, and fire is usually a comforting sight. Unless, of course, you are on fire, but that's not the case. Yet.

EDIT: Mr. Crowley, I'm sure, new it was a fake. He strikes me as a collector anyway. I'm sure he has a reason for keeping a false set of armor in his home.

Well, maybe this "fake" armor is some sort of "key" that opens some sort of secret room... Is there any possibilities to inspect carefully the "fake" ?????

Also we are a bit tired and cold after that mansion entrance wait. I am fully for Miss Darki's plan to sit by the fireplace and continue our casual conversation. I promissed her some kind of nice liquor !!!!! Is that possible Mister Brickster ?????

Yes, lets try to find a fireplace. stay nearby though, we don't want to loose track of anyone

*begins to walk around looking for a fireplace and suddenly realizes he has no way to light it*

anyone got any matches or something?

*starts thinking about yoda's idea of a key to a hidden room*

why would he have a hidden room in his house at all? maybe he was crazy, or had something to hide...

Maybe he is hiding something valuable, or maybe we are just getting ahead of ourselves...it has been a long night. I wonder when we will rest...

Well, maybe this "fake" armor is some sort of "key" that opens some sort of secret room... Is there any possibilities to inspect carefully the "fake" ?????

How would you like to examine the armor?

Also, appears that there is no fireplace in this room.

There is obviously something about this "fake" armor. I someone "visited" the mansion at some point, why did this person only steal one armor and not both ??? Also the path is long for the carrying an armor both ways !!! This does not make any sense.

My first thought is that both armors were suppose to be there !!!! Why historical inacuracy still remains.

I was wondering if the helmets of both armors were identicall (apart from the horns): if the answer is yes, that could mean two horns are missing which leads to a new questioning: why !!!

Mister Brickster, could we try to move the horns, pull them, pull the axe or something to see if anything happens ???

Also, Mister Brickster, It has been a long day, is there a way we could relax in a nicer environment rather than in the entrance ????

I admit it is hard for me to have clear thoughts without some food and drinks.

A fake doesn't necessarily mean that the original was stolen! It could mean that our presumably late Mr. Crowley enjoyed the dramatic idea of Vikings wearing horned helmets, but was not able to purchase the only known horned helm in existence. Or maybe he just has a sense of humor! Who knows. I suggest we move on; the next room awaits.

Secret Alcove with Revolver and Letter

Before moving on, XWingYoda attempts to pull the axe of the armor with horned helmet.

The sound of scraping stone is heard, and a small alcove in the wall next to the armor is revealed. The alcove is roughly two feet wide and long and about one foot deep; four feet from the ground.

Further examination of the alcove reveals a brown leather portfolio and a revolver. Within the leather portfolio is a single folded letter, which Xwingyoda reads:

February 14, 2004

Dear Mr. Crowley:

In the interest of all parties concerned, my company is willing to make you a $2 Million offer, which is more than equitable for the sale of your estate. Further litigation will merely result in a lose-lose situation for both of us and the community of Heceta. I urge you to accept this final offer and upon agreement from you, I can have the proceeds from the sale deposited into your bank account within one week.

Kindest Regards,

Mr. Athos, Esquire

Facsinating. Athos, dear, will you please provide an explination? Seeing as you're with us and all.

The date is interesting to me. Valentines Day, 2004. Perhaps that has significance?

What an intreguing discovery!!!!

I am not really surprised by the content per se of the letter. We know that the town of Heceta wanted to buy this property and we know that Mr Crowley turned down the offer. Now we know the price of the deal.

However, I am quite surprised that Mr Crowley kept this letter and a pistol in a "secret" place.

Furthermore, Mr Athos is an esquire for what Company? For the Heceta Construction company ? This is really doubtfull considering that this small company would not have the 2 Millions$. Therefore, it should be the Paradisa Corporation. It is quite weird considering that the town wanted to buy the property.

Mr Athos, I should be grateful if you could comment on this letter.

Yes, I believe Mr. athos has some explaining to do! ;)

Brickster: Can we move on now, and is there an option to examine the revolver to see if its loaded or not (how many bullets left...) and that sort of thing?

Can we move on now, and is there an option to examine the revolver to see if its loaded or not (how many bullets left...) and that sort of thing?

"Very good Xwingyoda and Darth Ewok. Yes, I agree, we should also examine the revolver", Brickster states.

Examining the revolver indicates that the gun is loaded with six bullets and rather clean, indicating that it has not been fired for some time.

You can go anywhere else that you'd like. Generally, I will let the first person with an idea lead the group stopping if someone wishes to examine something (like the armor previously).

This room contains two separate doors on the West wall and a large staircase leading to the upper level along the Southeast walls.

Here are the issues that I want dealt with:

1) Are there any marking/s or any significant symbol/s (telling us where it was made, etc.) on the revolver?

2) Brickster, you stated that the revolver hasn't been used for some time. How long exactly do you mean?

3) The dated letter seems rather recent (a little more than a year). So, my question is: When did Mr. Crowley get murdered?

4) Are the two (the letter and the pistol) related in any way? Can someone in the group can provide an answer?

5) Put the revolver back or take it with us (for futher examination/clues)?

IMO, we should search/examine the ground floor before going upstairs. What do the doors on the West lead to, Brickster? It would be less confusing if we had a map...

To follow on Mister Bildur's suggestion, I think we should start by one of the two doors on the west wall.

I am quite concerned by the revolver, it can be wrongly used. May I suggest that we go upstairs and throw the bullets out of the mansion. Since we are locked in, this will solve the whole problem and we keep the revolver as a clue !!

We can draw the conclusion that the revolver was not for self defense since it was hidden in a secret place. Also if it was a nice antique, it would not have been loaded with bullets.

Q: Are there any marking/s or any significant symbol/s (telling us where it was made, etc.) on the revolver?

A: Pete examines the gun and responds, "appears to be a Colt 45 revolver, a rather common gun".

Q: Brickster, you stated that the revolver hasn't been used for some time. How long exactly do you mean?

A: Pete states that based on the clean condition, the revolver looks like it's brand new maybe only fired a few times. No traces that it was fired recently.

Q: The dated letter seems rather recent (a little more than a year). So, my question is: When did Mr. Crowley get murdered?

A: For the purposes of this story, today's date is Sunday, October 24, 2004. You are not aware that Mr. Crowley has been murdered, but you think that he may have?

Q: Are the two (the letter and the pistol) related in any way? Can someone in the group can provide an answer?

A: I cannot answer this question at this time.

Q: Put the revolver back or take it with us (for futher examination/clues)?

A: Anyone may take the revolver or you can leave it.

Q: IMO, we should search/examine the ground floor before going upstairs. What do the doors on the West lead to, Brickster? It would be less confusing if we had a map...

A: You can examine/try opening the doors to find out more. No map will be provided. However, once you have gone to a room, you can merely say, I'd like to go back to room X (like the Main Hall).

Mister Brickster, I shall take the revolver then, and throw the bullets away (or discharge) the gun when we will see an open window. For our safety, it is not wise to carry a loaded gun, especially within a confined group of strangers where tensions are inevitable after a couple of days spent here.

I think we should try to open both doors on the main floor, maybe one is unlocked, and we could continue our investigation in there.

The gun is now in Xwingyoda's possession then.

Both doors along the West wall are unlocked. You open the door most South which appears to be a kitchen. The other door at the North end of the room leads to a dining room (pictures will be provided when you enter the room).

Well, lets continue our little tour of the mansion shall we.

I suggest we start with the kitchen, we might be able to find some food and liquor there !!!! All this wait in the cold really got my appetite growing !!!!

Yes, the kitchen would be a good place to search for clues (and drink)

Onward to the kitchen! :-D

Are you sure we should start randomly drinking liquor? :D :P I mean, you are literally "stealing" the drinks/food...wouldn't this make Mr. Crowley angrier? Just a thought... 8-|

Sign in to follow this