Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

CLUES: The Beginning

Humson Bay & Dorian Crowley

Pete answers Darkie's question by responding, "Dorian Crowley was a long time executive of the Humson Bay Company, one of the oldest companies in the United States. The company has been around since the mid to late 1600s and started as a fur company, later involved in trading and exploration. The company is mainly involved in retail sales now having had financial difficulties in the 70s and 80s. From what I heard about Crowley, he left the company in the mid 70s making a lot of money in Humson Bay oil and gas exploration. He retired here in Heceta where he became quite a recluse".

The Unsolved Mystery

After giving the mystery at hand much thought, Pete states, "I think it is time that we bring this mystery to an end". The Brickster knods his head disappointedly in agreement with Pete, as you hear loud banging coming from the first floor. The authorities have arrived and begin chopping down the door with hatchets, eventually breaking it open. They ask Pete a series of questions regarding Dorian Crowley and the mansion.

Where is old man Crowley?

Did someone murder him?

If so, who did it, why, and how?

Aside from Mr. Crowley's murder, these questions remained unanswered and the mystery unsolved.

One of the police officers states, "Paradisia was not granted rights to the Crowley estate and will be unable to build they're mega-resort Pete. Paradisia plans to appeal the case and if Crowley is dead, the estate will go to his next of kin". Pete replies, "If memory serves be correctly, I remember that old man Crowley had a great grand daughter or grand son who lived somewhere in the south of France, but not much was known about her/him. I suppose we'll never know what really happened to Dorian Crowley".

Mystery at Crowley Mansion remains unsolved.

Maybe one day, its mystery will be unlocked...

Until then, good luck solving future Lego CLUES Mysteries.

The Brickster

My comliments to the following for their efforts toward solving the mystery:

mr. lego_bildur 68 posts

Athos 56 posts

xwingyoda 54 posts

Darkie 25 posts

Bloody Jay 24 posts

Bloody Jay, thank you for all of your efforts to build the mansion and provide photographs. I wish you had taken a few more, but great model any way.

Something you should all know:

Each character had a bio that was privately given to them. One clue was given to each character about another character. Most of you provided that information during introductions, but some of you kept out certain information. In addition, private information was provided to characters as "Information your character would know" as the story was progressing. Having only 1/3 to 1/2 of you participate, this made character clues very difficult. These clues were deeply integrated in to the story line and without them, trying to deduce who committed the murder was difficult. I had to substitute clues since interrogation of one another was not possible (like how you drilled Athos re. the letter with his signature). He actually knew more about the letter than the rest of you as others knew more about other clues. This added to the story and provided a way to make it unique based upon the character bios - unfortunately it did not work with limited participation. There was much information you never found out.

In any case, I see that participation dwindled down to just a few people with infrequent posts, so decided to end the mystery. In the future; if I do another mystery, I will not limit participation and only provide character bios for active participants. Otherwise, the same issue will arise.

Thank you to those who participated since July 4. I hope you enjoyed the mystery. Maybe you can return to Crowley Manor one day...

Oh its over! :( And I think I know who the murderer was... probably have a pretty good guess at motive too. Just didn't know the weapon. :(

Steve

Thanks Brickster for a complex mystery and Jay for a great MOC, and of course to all of us who participated ;)

Too bad we haven't solved a thing !!!! Oh well... maybe next time when another mystery arises in the EB horizon !!!!

Thanks again guys, this was fun !!!!!

Well since this thread is sort of done for now may I make a suggestion?

Why not select a new group of people to continue the investigation who can commit to posting everyday or nearly everyday. I know you could alter the story to fit such a circumstance. The new players would be able to interrogate the old players (through Pete) and figure out some clues before heading into the mansion. Then we would be able to solve the mystery.

It wouldn't have to start right away or anything and people who played before could continue on if they wanted too. That way you won't have to find too many more people to join in.

Please!!!!! :D Don't leave me hanging. I have been following this thread for over two months. It just has to end properly and get solved. It is so close. Only a few more places to check a few more clues to find and the mystery would be solved.

*sing* PLE-E-E-E-E-E-E-EASE! *sing*

Sign in to follow this