Pdaitabird

[EBFS] Not Only Locomotives Need Water

Here's my entry for the Eurobricks Flower Show. I knew I wanted to incorporate my favorite theme (trains!) so I thought, why not have a freight car converted to a flower bed? Then, of course, you need a way to water the flowers!

Not Only Locomotives Need Water

Not Only Locomotives Need Water

Thanks for looking - good luck to all the contestants!

Edited by Pdaitabird
Added extra picture

The requirement is that it should be built on a 16x16 baseplate, but it looks like you used multiple plates instead. Perhaps get a baseplate underneath and put the plates on top (the track would be sticking out but that is allowed)??

Also, you need to add the EBFS tag to the post, you're the only one who has wrote it in full words.

Besides my concerns, it looks pretty good! Now why don't you sit back and eat some waffles? :moar:

AXtId.gif

Edited by mindstormsboi

@mindstormsboi Thanks for pointing that out - I had misread the rules and thought it just had to fit on a 16x16 baseplate. I've edited the post and the tags. I think it looks better with the extra 2x6 area!

A railway theme garden - great idea!:thumbup:

I like the water tower and the freight car!:thumbup:

Edited by Brickwolf

Great creative part usage on an amazing little MOC. Only complaint is that the conductor and green shrub collectively obscure a clear view of the truck... but for a flower show I suspect the shrub is more important. Can you post a second view from the opposite side (perhaps add a small leaf element on the far side like a vine climbing down the side of the truck).

@Man with a hat @dim_bricks Thank you!

On June 8, 2020 at 10:37 AM, zephyr1934 said:

Great creative part usage on an amazing little MOC. Only complaint is that the conductor and green shrub collectively obscure a clear view of the truck... but for a flower show I suspect the shrub is more important. Can you post a second view from the opposite side (perhaps add a small leaf element on the far side like a vine climbing down the side of the truck).

Thanks, and that's a great suggestion! I've added a back view to the first post.