Sign in to follow this  
Professor Thaum

[SR - Ch III - cat. D(1)] Privateering

South coast of El Oleonda, some cables away from the shore.

3 Lotii ships are heading west, trying to escape a Carnite patrol. As you can see, the wind is blowing from east south east, with the lotii ships deploying their sails in the famous goose wings configuration.

ukv8.jpg

Lotii cargo captain : By the beard of ancestors, those bloody disgusting white swines are sticky as a throng of crabs !

XXXXXXXX

imle.jpg

Carnite Ltt : Captain, why are we closing the coast just behind the chinks ? We'd better to reach windward to prevent the junks to escape !

Carnite captain : The Doge hired a strange man, a doctor, which grant us this schooner from the Pilot Association. Apparently those guys are big dogs ! They probably know what they're doing. Let's wait and see !

ws36.jpg

PA schooner sailor : Ned, why are you so close from the coast ?

PA schooner skipper : Sorry Ted, but I'm scared on high seas, I'm sure we can win this race by coasting, especially if the wind becomes headed ! We have the shallowest draft and we are more maneuvering than the junks and our chasers !

jd44.jpg

XXXXXXXX

After half an hour...

Carnite Ltt : Captain ! The wind is turning south !

Carnite Captain : They're busted ! Ready to luff, come a rhumb closer ! Battle station, mister Werner ! Run out the guns ! We need this cargo !

Chief mate : Aye aye sir !

XXXXXXXX

Ned : The wind is heading up ! We are going to overtake the junks !

Ted : The buoy is near ! You may win Ned ! You may win !

XXXXXXXX

yuh5.jpg

Lotii chiefmate : What are they doing ? Captain-sama ! The small schooner is sliding just among us, shall we board ?

Lotii captain : We don't give a shit of this skif ! The Carnite have run out and tied up ! Prepare to battle !

XXXXXXXX            

Ned : My sails are burning, baby ! My sails are burning !                                                                                            

XXXXXXXX  

2h6h.jpg

As the 2 Carnite ships engage the lotii, the Arkham Chaser is rounding the heartland, leaving the warring parties duking it out.

z7nw.jpg

Ned : Look at this Ted ! We got to tip toe ! We got to tip toe ! Eat my spray, f--cking chinks !

Ted : Our first race victory !

C&C welcome, a micro entry for Ch III cat D. I'm happy having succeeded to have an entry for each category this time.

bonus pics to follow

3 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Ned : My sails are burning, baby ! My sails are burning !                                                                                            

:iamded_lol:

Good micro's

2 hours ago, Beleg the Ranger said:

Great microscale ships! Seems like Ned and Ted have forgotten about the battle.:sceptic:

It probably wouldn't have even crossed their minds

Excellent microships!!! Especially the Lotii junks!!! In fact it's the second most genius use of the fin part (with the first being their use in roofing)

Edited by blackdeathgr

1 hour ago, blackdeathgr said:

Excellent microships!!! Especially the Lotii junks!!! In fact it's the second most genius use of the fin part (with the first being their use in roofing)

I second this! The use of the divers' fins as sails is very clever and works perfectly!

The story is really funny, as well :laugh:.

Great microbuild! The blue blanket serves well as the sea and NPU of the diver ´s fins for the junk sails!

Love the micro scale ships! And the story as well. 

I wanted to build something similar for the category, but quickly realized I have almost none of the parts needed for micro builds lol.

The Micro scenes are very pleasing, Also NPU on those Lotii sails. The Text aides the scenes which makes this all in all a very good Entry :thumbup:

I have to agree, the Lotii sails are sticking out. Fantastic job!

Also great story with depicting scenes.

Fun build. As other said, the diver fins work surprisingly well at this scale.:pirate:

Nice to see some closer shots. The treasure junk looks really impressive and even bigger up close!