Sign in to follow this  
Lepralego

MOC: The Football Club

Welcome to Studbrick Park, home of Old Bricks United Football Club and also known as ‘The Home of Football’.

This project focuses on the whole experience of a football club, from the actual football pitch to the changing rooms, the ticket office, the shop, the queues for stadium access and the stand. There is also a soda stand and a statue of a legendary player: Bobby Squarefoot.

The stand and its back façade are inspired by many English football stadiums built in the first decades of the 20th century, such as Villa Park in Birmingham or Craven Cottage in London. This style of construction has also been used to build many of the classic stadiums found around the world.

The club names, logos and shirt designs are fictional.

I hope you like it, and if so you can support it on Lego Ideas:
https://ideas.lego.com/content/project/link/9ee4e1c7-7262-4175-9776-24372d3ff33b

Cheers.

49963032961_75f18b78e9_b.jpg

49963033081_7753d6085d_c.jpg

49963033126_aba21e4ebc_c.jpg

49963315792_29594f1dc9_c.jpg

49962530808_40fbf764cc_c.jpg

49963315842_61a4ac0999_c.jpg

49963315892_2898e69bca_c.jpg

49963315947_a908eec703_c.jpg

49962530918_afa30f161d_c.jpg

49962530938_0f8bdbb4b2_c.jpg

49963315697_9af4f88204_c.jpg

49963033301_8876033b6b_c.jpg

49963316037_671de1d5a1_c.jpg

49963033331_c986cd541e_c.jpg

If you like it, you can support it on Lego Ideas:

https://ideas.lego.com/content/project/link/9ee4e1c7-7262-4175-9776-24372d3ff33b

Thank you!

Edited by Lepralego

2 hours ago, peedeejay said:

Very cool build and great presentation!

Thank you! I'm glad you like it.

41 minutes ago, DodgeDude5498 said:

Very nice work

Thank you so much.

10 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

Amazing work! That definitely looks like something I can put in my town.   

That's what I tought when I started to design it. Thank you!

Really good to see something quite unique being built for a Lego town, @Lepralego and even better to see a tribute to Craven Cottage (home of the greatest team of all time), which is particularly evident in the brick façade and arched windows. The statue in front of the stadium is also a reminder of the Johnny Haynes one.

I like the attention to detail, with all the sponsorship around the ground, the tanoy system and the merchandise available in the gift shop, as well as the colour scheme reflected in the seating. You'll have to build another stand opposite with 'OBU' written!

I have always wanted to try a minifig-scale replica of CC. May I ask if you have been there and how you know about Fulham, given you are in Spain and they aren't one of the 'big' teams?

Awesome!  Lego needs another football stadium - this is a perfect opportunity! Supported.

On 6/3/2020 at 11:56 PM, lifeinplastic said:

Really good to see something quite unique being built for a Lego town, @Lepralego and even better to see a tribute to Craven Cottage (home of the greatest team of all time), which is particularly evident in the brick façade and arched windows. The statue in front of the stadium is also a reminder of the Johnny Haynes one.

I like the attention to detail, with all the sponsorship around the ground, the tanoy system and the merchandise available in the gift shop, as well as the colour scheme reflected in the seating. You'll have to build another stand opposite with 'OBU' written!

I have always wanted to try a minifig-scale replica of CC. May I ask if you have been there and how you know about Fulham, given you are in Spain and they aren't one of the 'big' teams?

Hi, thank you so much for your review and I'm so sorry about my late response.

The project is a kind of mix of some of my biggest passions: Lego, football, the classic English stadiums and Newell's Old Boys, my team. I've been a couple of times in Craven Cottage, and I consider it (as many people do) the most beautiful stadium in England. The facade of TFC is not a direct replica but it is mostly inspired by CC. The idea was to create a well built stand in Lego, with that classic style of many medium sized English stadiums. Why? Because I always wanted to have a stand like this and Lego never offered something decent for us, the footy fans. About the English teams, I have to say that I'm fan of LCFC, the foxes! My sister lives there and I visit Leicester quite often, and I've made another project inspired in that city, you could have a look here: 

I like your idea of the opposite stand with OBU!

The project doesn't seem to be a big boom in Lego Idea, perhaps there's not a big audience for it, but I just needed to do it!

Thank you again!

On 6/4/2020 at 11:06 AM, Vilhelm22 said:

Awesome!  Lego needs another football stadium - this is a perfect opportunity! Supported.

Thank you so much for your comment and support!

Really realistic build, congrats! I really like the classic english/industrial design and also the fact that you included so many details. I'll definitely go support this project on Lego Ideas. It can be a perfect addition to a town! 

8 hours ago, tomclair said:

Really realistic build, congrats! I really like the classic english/industrial design and also the fact that you included so many details. I'll definitely go support this project on Lego Ideas. It can be a perfect addition to a town! 

Thank you so much!

Dear Lepralego,

Your football stadium is awesome! My kids and I are massive lego and football fans in the UK.

When they saw this they thought it was an official set and begged for us to buy it with their birthday money. I explained that it was a moc (and what that meant as they are 8 years old.) and that to just get all the pieces would probably cost around £200.

They then asked "Daddy can we make it if we use all our birthday money to get the pieces?" So I joined this forum to send you this request.

Do you possibly have an LDD file or set of building instructions for this moc that you would be willing to share? I completely understand if you would not want to do this and am really sorry if I have broken some unwritten forum code of practice by even asking.

Best wishes and stay safe

Andy

p.s we supported this on LEGO Ideas but fear that now Lego has an official licence with Manchester United they may see this a competing with an existing line - even though your minifig scale football ground is sooo much cooler than the Old Trafford they have brought out.