Sign in to follow this  
Corweena

[SR - FB] The Docks of New Nassau

Despite being only a humble "hamlet" on paper, New Nassau is a bustling place. As the easternmost port under Sea Rat control, it is the gateway to El Oleonda and the rest of the unknown eastern isles. While sea trade is currently limited to only a few companies and properties, New Nassau is rich in inter-island trading, with both residents and the natives of the island setting up small bartering stalls throughout the town. With the Black Wolf Company's recent arrival and setting up their first shop, they have since expanded the docks to accommodate their needs. 

49957637333_3891021c7d_c.jpg

49958416277_9e110db82e_c.jpg

Preparing for departure, the Nymeria is loaded full of weapons to sell at other Sea Rat ports. The crew load up the goods, while Captain Barlowe confirms the manifest is correct one last time. 

]49958135956_b9720d5e6e_c.jpg

49958328566_4ffa5546d4_c.jpg

The Black Wolf Company put out an advertisement in search of any able body Sea Rat wanting to earn a steady wage. With the expansion of the company in Terra Nova, more manpower is needed in the form of soldiers, sailors, and workers. Extra motivation was provided in the form of a Sea Rat's favorite meal....rum :pir-grin:

49958135986_e8071b859d_c.jpg

49958416472_1094b0667c_c.jpg

Freya Torstein and Clarice Barlowe embrace one last time before the Nymeria's departure, while two Black Wolf officers transport a chest off the docks. 

49958416447_ec8f1fcf30_c.jpg

While his sailing days are long over, Captain Ironhook is content to spend the rest of his days in rum-fueled bliss absorbing the sights and sounds of the docks. 

49957637328_7eac475126_c.jpg

Unlike many islands in Terra Nova, the Sea Rats have a strong relationship with the Natives of Isla de Barro. The locals trade modern Halosian goods and weapons to the natives for fruit, animals, and other products from interior of the island. Two canoes are arriving at the docks, laden with supplies to be bartered. 

49958136091_80ab48618c_c.jpg

49958135881_536fcf977f_c.jpg

This is just the start of a period of renewed rebirth and growth for New Nassau. Be on the lookout in coming months for more additions to the town! 

I originally planned on including some of this setup in Lock, Stock, and One Smoking Barrels, but since it is now licensed as a small commerce, I was limited on space for that build. In addition, I was working on a "recruitment" build, but figured this expanded dock scene could serve both purposes perfectly. 

Spoiler

Since I built  Lock, Stock, and One Smoking Barrel prior to this build, and having built in on a gray baseplate, decided to just make the shop modular to the rest of the docks, instead of having to transfer everything over. Plus I was a bit short on larger gray plates

49958135741_fe1bc2d8e1_c.jpg

I wish I had a good collection of gray round tiles to make stonework a bit more realistic, but unfortunately, its still on my "wanted" list of bricks to buy, along with a bunch of longer brown tiles to imitate wood planks. Slowly working on expanding my collection of these pieces to help with more realistic builds in the future. 

Edited by Corweena

Nice! The integration of your shop is done perfectly. The entire scene brims with life, which makes the MOC very enjoyable to watch. The "lack" of tiles doesn't bother me that much. While it would certainly give a "cleaner" look if you tiled the pier and the walkway, the non-tiled look also works. It gives the build a classic look, which really works well here, coupled with classic pirates figs such as Iron Hook. Great vibes all around!

You've said it before in another thread, but the Black Wolf looks very organized indeed for Sea Rats! They even have uniforms for their sailors, as well :tongue:. An organization to keep an eye out for!

16 hours ago, Khorne said:

Nice! The integration of your shop is done perfectly. The entire scene brims with life, which makes the MOC very enjoyable to watch. The "lack" of tiles doesn't bother me that much. While it would certainly give a "cleaner" look if you tiled the pier and the walkway, the non-tiled look also works. It gives the build a classic look, which really works well here, coupled with classic pirates figs such as Iron Hook. Great vibes all around!

You've said it before in another thread, but the Black Wolf looks very organized indeed for Sea Rats! They even have uniforms for their sailors, as well :tongue:. An organization to keep an eye out for!

I don't mind the non-tiled surfaces, as I thoroughly enjoy building more classic designs, but I've been playing around with some techniques in LDD that I'd love to add to future builds once I purchase the tiles needed. 

I'm just about done with the purchasing all of my "army building" pieces....there will be matching uniforms all around. Pretty excited at how some of the units are coming out. After training, they should be able to hold their own against any of their Imperial contemporaries. 

11 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Still looks cool! I love the expansions you're making for New Nassau!

Thanks! Hoping I can get more licensed properties soon too, and hopefully attract other builders as well. As its our easternmost port, its the doorway to the newer regions of the map.

16 hours ago, Corweena said:

I don't mind the non-tiled surfaces, as I thoroughly enjoy building more classic designs, but I've been playing around with some techniques in LDD that I'd love to add to future builds once I purchase the tiles needed. 

I'm just about done with the purchasing all of my "army building" pieces....there will be matching uniforms all around. Pretty excited at how some of the units are coming out. After training, they should be able to hold their own against any of their Imperial contemporaries. 

Great! Can't wait to see what you have in store. Seeing builder's progress is always interesting and educational.

I forgot to mention it in my first post, but I also like how you matched New Nassau's existing building style, set out by @Fraunces (?).

22 hours ago, Corweena said:

Thanks! Hoping I can get more licensed properties soon too, and hopefully attract other builders as well. As its our easternmost port, its the doorway to the newer regions of the map.

We very much welcome the initiative! New Nassau is one of our most strategic ports and it did deserve some attention even if I say so myself. You even got me in the bricks again to contribute :pir-classic:

5 hours ago, Khorne said:

I forgot to mention it in my first post, but I also like how you matched New Nassau's existing building style, set out by @Fraunces (?).

Right you are, with the first build I wanted to show a strong connection with the islanders because of the AMRCA. We had a story in which we build a friendship with them, but at the same time show cath a little of the  classic Eldorado fort vibe which I personally like .  So this build matched that perfectly. I am not saying all builds should resemble the same build-style though: the Sea Rats don't like unnecessary rules :pir-wink:

6 hours ago, Khorne said:

Great! Can't wait to see what you have in store. Seeing builder's progress is always interesting and educational.

Yes, I was definitely trying to match his style from his first build. For one, its classic pirates combination that will never go out of style. Also, I happen to have a good amount of white and yellow bricks, so it makes building in that style fairly easy. 

3 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

What a lively port scene!

Thank you sir!

52 minutes ago, Fraunces said:

We very much welcome the initiative! New Nassau is one of our most strategic ports and it did deserve some attention even if I say so myself. You even got me in the bricks again to contribute :pir-classic:

Right you are, with the first build I wanted to show a strong connection with the islanders because of the AMRCA. We had a story in which we build a friendship with them, but at the same time show cath a little of the  classic Eldorado fort vibe which I personally like .  So this build matched that perfectly. I am not saying all builds should resemble the same build-style though: the Sea Rats don't like unnecessary rules :pir-wink:

Excited to see what you have planned! I need to complete my first month cycle, so I have some doubloons at my disposal to begin licensing future builds. Currently prototyping a few ideas to see what I want to build next as well.