Legonaut

[COR - Challenge III - Cat E] The southern offensive part III

The war is continuing and the force of corrington and carno is pushing towards Jiangkai. While the other corrish units are together with the carnites, Major Brown is attacking the outer skirts of the town. Altough facing heavy resistance from experienced fighters and normal citizens of the Lotus, the recoats are pushing Meter by Meter towards the inner city. Despite the better technology the redcoats of Major Brown are also very experienced Men which know how to hold the Lotii on range where they are not as good as them.

49948758882_064a5aab34_c.jpg

This is the third part of the Collab of @Bregir @Brickwolf and Me.

Greetings

Great MOC! The posing of the Lotii troops with the swords is perfect! I really like the house as well. The simplicity of it is really befitting of the Lotus Kingdom. It reminds somewhat of the houses in Age of Empires I and II (Yamato and Japanese) or the houses in Pokémon Crystal (:tongue:). Not specifically, just the overall atmosphere of it. Awesome build!

Although I am too afraid to "dismember" my minifigs so as to try anything even remotely similar, your posing is truly excellent!

On 5/31/2020 at 5:53 PM, Khorne said:

The simplicity of it is really befitting of the Lotus Kingdom. 

To be honest it was a Rush, First I wanted to build a nice pagoda but I Had Not the time because the Weekend suddenly Fell away for me. On the Other Hand this rather simple House fits the outer skirts of a town netter.

@Fraunces & @Sir Kingston thank you two, Really appreciate it!

2 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Although I am too afraid to "dismember" my minifigs so as to try anything even remotely similar, your posing is truly excellent!

Disessembling is a whole Science in itself, for example I'd never disessemble Reddish Brown or old Dark Red Arms or Arms of rare/old pieces Like the redcoat torsos, but with these new ones from a relatively actual CMF series it is okay for me as there is No high risk in destroying the pieces. Also finding a good Angle for the disessembled arm is Not too hard as I only found this one with variations that Looks good with the katana.

@Brickwolf :pir-huzzah2:  It was nice to make that Collab with you and Bregir!

Great entry Legonaut. I still really love your use of fleshies on the redcoats - makes me want to change to fleshies for BoBS - if only Dirk's face came in fleshie!!!!

The build is well executed and flawlessly presented. I like the little details such as the way you have textured the masonry at the base of the building. The building while simple is perfect I think for a depiction of a simple Lotii house in the colonies. Great work.

9 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

if only Dirk's face came in fleshie!!!!

I've already thought about this topic and found Bard's head to be the closest to Dirks, as I did with some Other pieces before I'm gonna remove some of the Print and by that improve it even by shortening the sideburns and removing the chinbeard. I'm definetely gonna Share my experiences with you! 

9 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

The build is well executed and flawlessly presented. I like the little details such as the way you have textured the masonry at the base of the building. The building while simple is perfect I think for a depiction of a simple Lotii house in the colonies. Great work.

Thank you, glad you Like it!

57 minutes ago, Legonaut said:

I've already thought about this topic and found Bard's head to be the closest to Dirks

Interesting... I have that head, I may have to try that. 

I was thinking of getting a custom piece printed from one of those places that do pad printing... they are sooooo expensive though and I'd need at least two as Dirk usually travels all over the world we me!