Jim

[TC18] Technic Small Car Contest - Results Topic

Great contest! Although I think first voting stage was a little too short (I didn't have a chance to vote) it was still hard to cast own vote for just 6 entries within top 10. There were just too many great models to choose from.

Congratulations to winners, and all participants! Looking forward to next contest! :classic:

Congratulations to the winners. I hope that maybe a similar Small Car Contest could be held annually so that we could see more great builds each year. 

Congratulations to all participants! Just getting to the point where you can submit your model is impressive!

Personally, I think doing top-ten voting (instead of top-six) for the first round would be much better for a contest with so many entries. Hopefully we can find something that everybody's happy with for the next contest.

Thank you Jim and the EB team for hosting this contest. I had so much fun making a model for it. I work best with restrictions and this TC had the perfect ones for me.

34 minutes ago, letsbuild said:

Congratulations to all participants! Just getting to the point where you can submit your model is impressive!

Personally, I think doing top-ten voting (instead of top-six) for the first round would be much better for a contest with so many entries. Hopefully we can find something that everybody's happy with for the next contest.

Thank you Jim and the EB team for hosting this contest. I had so much fun making a model for it. I work best with restrictions and this TC had the perfect ones for me.

But it was top-ten? *huh*

1 minute ago, Surffikoira said:

But it was top-ten? *huh*

He was referring to formula 1 style voting, which allows you to vote for 6 entries.

@letsbuild @zux If first stage voting would have been two or three weeks and if you could vote for ten instead of six entries, at the end of the day it would probably not have mattered. One way or another, the best entries always end up on the stage.

1 minute ago, Jim said:

He was referring to formula 1 style voting, which allows you to vote for 6 entries.

Ah gotcha, sorry for the misunderstanding! I was wondering if my caffeine deprived brain was missing something and lo and behold.

I couldn't vote myself but I feel that picking just 6 entries would be hard, let alone 10.

Just now, Surffikoira said:

Ah gotcha, sorry for the misunderstanding! I was wondering if my caffeine deprived brain was missing something and lo and behold.

No problem. For me it's usually better not to post or comment before my second cup of coffee :laugh: :tongue:

23 hours ago, Jim said:

@letsbuild @zux If first stage voting would have been two or three weeks and if you could vote for ten instead of six entries, at the end of the day it would probably not have mattered. One way or another, the best entries always end up on the stage.

I think I wasn't the only one who wanted to spend some time over the weekend due to large number of entries to evaluate all of them before voting. So a week or at least a known deadline would have been helpful. It is not just for top-10, but the rest of entries might have got a little more than 0 (zero) votes, which is always nice.

1 hour ago, zux said:

I think I wasn't the only one who wanted to spend some time over the weekend due to large number of entries to evaluate all of them before voting. So a week or at least a known deadline would have been helpful. It is not just for top-10, but the rest of entries might have got a little more than 0 (zero) votes, which is always nice.

I thought it was a week, so that's my bad. It could have been open a bit longer, agreed.

Regarding the 0 (zero) votes; if you can only pick 6 out of 62, the ones without votes would probably remain without votes. In the end it would not have mattered.

We'll just stick to a single voting stage next time, problem solved :tongue:

@Jim I am not sure if it was discussed earlier, but I think that the time window for voting should be defined at the beginning and it should be defined clearly. When voting starts, when voting ends. I consider this as a more professional approach.

2 hours ago, keymaker said:

@Jim I am not sure if it was discussed earlier, but I think that the time window for voting should be defined at the beginning and it should be defined clearly. When voting starts, when voting ends. I consider this as a more professional approach.

I don't have a fixed time windows for the simple reason that I don't know when I have time to wrap things up. I do have a life besides Eurobricks :tongue: When I close the voting on a certain date and I don't have time to wrap up the contest, the results are already known because of people counting the votes manually. So, I like to close the voting and wrap up the contest at the same time. People will most likely be counting the votes manually anyway, but sometimes the difference is marginal and last minute votes can still matter.

Usually there's only one stage voting which is open for a week or two, which should be ample time for people to vote. When we do two stage voting again, I will make sure the first stage has a minimum of seven days to vote.

@Jim I only refer to voting window, because it, let's say, depends on us - voters. Thanks to knowledge about the window we can plan, when we find time to vote. The period to wrap things up is up to you. That is why you can say that you will summarize votes in for example 4 days or "result will be here when ready". I know, that there are people who are inpatient and they will count the result on their own, but it should not force you to be obligated to deliver result the moment you close the voting window. My proposition is to deliver clear voting window. And the result? You will deliver the result when you will have time to wrap things up :)

What do you think?

Edited by keymaker

I think we don't need to make this a bigger issue than it is. I will tell you guys the minimum voting period next time and let's be done with it.

Congrats to the winners and thanks @Leviathan for the compliment! I made it to the top ten and my favorite entry has won so I'm quite content. Cheers!

What a great contest! Congratulations to the winners.

Thanks to @Jim and all voters, specially those who voted for me ;) And special thanks to those who made instructions!

tc18_epilog.jpg

Obviously I'm missing some parts and specific colors ...

I know there's a search option, but can you always include hyperlinks on the first result entry to each model so its easier /faster to get through all the entries (as only the first three are pictured). Thank you