Sign in to follow this  
Celloguy

Space Turtles! (part 2)

Greater Space Turtle

Greater Space Turtle

Trailing the smaller turtle craft, larger vessels can often be seen, with many more robot crew. What these serene droid ships portend is still opaque, but gliding impassively through the heavens, their tranquil, steadfast passage has a spellbinding effect on people lucky enough to observe them.

Another space turtle I built around the same time as my previously posted ones. I remember taking hours perfecting the octagonal geometry and the head too, things which seem rather easier to contemplate now, having built far more complex designs. Again, I'm still quite attached to this one, though think it might be time to free up some shelf space. Part one is here.

Edited by Celloguy

Amazing build, I can really imagine them gliding through space... Really unique shaping you did there, with those panels and the animal theme. The big one is even better then the smaller ones you showed in part I.

I think space theme and animal shapes work very well, I would like to see more of these (not necessarily by you, but in general).

On 6/1/2020 at 3:07 PM, Pate-keetongu said:

Lovely shaping with the shells and very elegant use of those panels as the flippers.

Thanks! I made it a long time ago, and so it's satisfying to look back and see my use of more basic shaping to create an effective creature!

On 6/2/2020 at 12:17 AM, leafan said:

Wow, @Celloguy, this is very unique. I think that you've done a great job.

Well done.

Thanks very much!

19 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

Amazing build, I can really imagine them gliding through space... Really unique shaping you did there, with those panels and the animal theme. The big one is even better then the smaller ones you showed in part I.

I think space theme and animal shapes work very well, I would like to see more of these (not necessarily by you, but in general).

Cheers! I actually just remembered, that I did indeed try another animal... might have to dig that one up again and finish it!

On 6/2/2020 at 4:18 PM, PxChris said:

Wow @Celloguy! This is a spectacular build!

Thanks so much!

A beautiful and wonderous design.  This is very different than most spaceship MOCs and I like the zoological inspiration. 

On 6/5/2020 at 7:12 PM, Louis of Nutwood said:

Very clever design, mate. I especially like the eyes and the main control cabin. 

Thanks very much! I was pleased at how expressive the head turned out.

On 6/7/2020 at 2:52 AM, hagridshut said:

A beautiful and wonderous design.  This is very different than most spaceship MOCs and I like the zoological inspiration. 

Thanks, man. Glad you enjoyed it!

13 hours ago, EVE said:

Throwback to the good old days

Yes! Nostalgia trip to a theme that never was :)

This was just featured on the Eurobricks instagram - how can I get them to link to my instagram profile: the_brick_artisan?