Sign in to follow this  
adde51

Temple of Aiz-Tik

Kaliphlin is more than just a desert wasteland, there are pleny of regions where the Arkbri provides the land with enough water to flourish. One such place is the temple of Aiz-Tik. It is located north-west of Mophet and one of Tabib's oldest friends resides there. For generations, people from the different local tribes have made the journey there for guidance and advice. The high priestess is well respected by almost everyone in Kaliphlin and she has been an important ally to Mophet. With this in mind, Tabib felt it was important to visit her and ger her blessing regarding the expansion that had been taking place recently. To ensure safe passage from Mophet to the Arkbri, her approval was essential. 

49952322268_9acc82cb17_z.jpg

So this is another Kali-build I did a while back and finally got around to posting. It is one of my biggest builds to date and measures 64x96 studs. I actually thought this one through a bit and built it in sections for "easy" transport (the foliage is toast no matter what...). I wanted to try and mix mesoamerican architecture with some middle eastern elements, hope you guys like it! 

Edited by adde51

Superb work all round here. Love the architecture and landscape.

As I said on Flickr the photo does come across a little dark.

Awesome job!  The landscaping is fantastic.  I really like the palm trees and the smaller trees with the newer leaf pieces.  The water feature is very neat and clean.  The vegetation looks great.  The temple itself looks wonderful with the tiered sections leading to the main part of the temple.  I love the gold, white, and blue accents on the build, it brings a nice touch of color.  I like the braziers in the front.  The pathway is nice too.  I'm jealous of all your tan pieces and the fact you have 5 goats.  Great build.  

The combination of Mesoamerican and Eastern architecture is so unique and at the same time looks so good!  Nice subtle angle and the touch of blue is spot on.  Speaking of blue, the blue water looks so refreshing!  Really a lovely build. 

On 5/31/2020 at 12:18 AM, Basiliscus said:

Superb work all round here. Love the architecture and landscape.

As I said on Flickr the photo does come across a little dark.

Thank you very much man! I really need to get myself a new computer...I tried to brighten it a bit on my Flickr feed since I agree it came out a bit dark, glad you liked it though!

On 5/31/2020 at 4:01 AM, zoth33 said:

Awesome job!  The landscaping is fantastic.  I really like the palm trees and the smaller trees with the newer leaf pieces.  The water feature is very neat and clean.  The vegetation looks great.  The temple itself looks wonderful with the tiered sections leading to the main part of the temple.  I love the gold, white, and blue accents on the build, it brings a nice touch of color.  I like the braziers in the front.  The pathway is nice too.  I'm jealous of all your tan pieces and the fact you have 5 goats.  Great build.  

Thanks a lot! Haha, yeah I went from 0 goats to 5 pretty quickly (although 2 of them are actually promised to @Zilmrud). 

On 5/31/2020 at 5:04 AM, Kai NRG said:

The combination of Mesoamerican and Eastern architecture is so unique and at the same time looks so good!  Nice subtle angle and the touch of blue is spot on.  Speaking of blue, the blue water looks so refreshing!  Really a lovely build. 

Thank you man, very glad to hear! Was a fun experiment to mix those two architectural styles so glad you liked it! 

@adde51: If you're baulking (quite rightly) at the price of Photoshop, then I cannot recommend Affinity Photo enough, I've been using it for the last year (moved across from Photoshop Elements) and it's really fantastic. If you follow that link it's currently 50% off, so could be worth a shout. Free updates (until V2) and loads of tutorials.

Great build, nice temple. And indeed it has some arabic touches I think.
The landscape looks great too with those trees and all the vegetation. 

Really beautiful build.  Sorry this is getting kind of buried right now from the challenge, so I'm hoping my bump will keep it on the front page for a while.  The color scheme is great.  It reminds me of a combination of an Indiana Jones temple and the sultan's palace from Aladdin (the cartoon, not that live action garbage).  The mix of the flowers and greenery near the bright blue water implies an oasis to me, which would make sense for a palace location (nobody wants to have a palace in the middle of the desert!).  Great job!