Few years ago I built dune buggy from set 42075 (First Responder)...

49951015723_a08c4e041d_c.jpg

...now I am back with second alternative model - Pullback Helicopter. It features opening windscreen, engine with moving piston and cool spring loaded mechanism for spinning rotors. It works similarly to pullback motor but it uses shock absorber to store energy for spinning. I took inspiration for this mechanism from Isogawa Yoshihito's book "LEGO TECHNIC Tora no Maki". I also built this model for TLCB Lock-Down Competition.

Building instructions for both models are available at buildinst.cz

49951812682_6cac133a9b_c.jpg

49951521836_5c4bd476c6_c.jpg

49951019718_7244884b8e_c.jpg

49951812592_3920117d2d_c.jpg

Any comments are welcomed.

Edited by Tomik

I really like this one Tomik. Sleek design and nice functions with a unintended use of the pullback motor. I own that set and will build it with my kids someday.

12 minutes ago, fosamax said:

I really like this one Tomik. Sleek design and nice functions with a unintended use of the pullback motor. I own that set and will build it with my kids someday.

Thank you for your comment. I hope you will like it in reality too.

I was searching for pull-back motor for a while, did not expect a self constructed one. Awesome! :thumbup:

Awesome work, the pull-back function is really well done. I'd venture to say this is one of your top C-models. 

11 hours ago, agrof said:

I was searching for pull-back motor for a while, did not expect a self constructed one. Awesome! :thumbup:

Thank you for your comment. Yep, this was more about original usage of shock absorber.

3 hours ago, BusterHaus said:

Awesome work, the pull-back function is really well done. I'd venture to say this is one of your top C-models. 

Thanks. I also like this model much although I didn't have big expectations at the beginning.