Sariel

42115 Lamborghini Sián: Full Hands-on Review [VIDEO]

Looks like I'm first. Ah, the things you can achieve by abandoning sleep :)

Edited by Sariel

That was fast indeed. Thanks for the effort. Pretty nice review!

What do you think about it's using the same gearbox and stepper mechanism of the Bugatti ? 

The stepper may be the same, but I think the transmission itself is different and seems to work better.

Thanks for the review.  In the video, the suspension seems relatively hard: both the front and rear suspension assemblies return to full extension immediately after being released, unlike the notoriously soft Chiron suspension which does not.  Is that true?

I thought the Chiron suspension sag/softness was due to useing the friction pins. Awesome review so far - the Chiron did have a tile btw

Edited by SheldonF

Nice work, but feels just a little bit lacking. Will you compare the Sian to the Chiron and 911 to greater depth in the future? I felt the review didn't really give a good feel for the state of the Sian's transmission and drivetrain (smoothness, etc). I know this is a topic many of us would appreciate finding out more information about, especially given the problems the predecessors had.

Edited by Bartybum

Nice review, it looks that Lego comes back to do pretty cars even for me, I think we can almost build old terex or decepticon machinery already :laugh: .

Woke up this morning and immediately checked YT, was pleasantly surprised to find this video already.  Like others said, you were fast indeed. Ah well, sleep is overrated anyways...

Looks like TLG got most of the painpoints from previous UCS cars right this time. Maybe not anything revolutionary, but at least suspensions is properly bouncing now and from your comments it seems they fixed the friction problems in the drivetrain also. 

Oh man, my wallet (read:wife) is gonna kill me...

Watched the whole video review, thanks for the detailed and deep review!
And just for remind, your Sian unique code still shown at around 15:00...

18 minutes ago, skaah said:

Thanks @Sariel! What kind of differentials are in the drivetrain?

The same we have for years now. He shows the parts list in the video!

Just got my breakfast watching your video. Very good video and the calm music in the beginning made it even better. Thanks you for your effort... have a nice sleep :wink:

And the car... ! Even you, a demanding guy, concluded with a "looks out of this world"!

This thing will sell!

@Sariel How do you evaluate the suspension? The rear one is 3 link, right? The video shows that wheels are quite wobbly. Would 4 link be any better?

It is a beautiful review as usual! I am not a car-guy either, but this monster started to talk to me...

I miss some details from the video compared to previous ones from You (don't get me wrong, I admire and respect all the hard work went into this), but from what I see, I understand, that finally this UCS car, which has properly working basic functions: suspension works up and down, gearbox and fake engine without cracking, no shifting disorder. (Is it 7 or 8 speed? :classic:) And no stickers! If so, than despite some minor nitpicking, I can say: LEGO (especially Uwe) did the homework well, it is an excellent set. @Sariel Can you confirm this?

Edited by agrof

Great review as always, and so fast! :thumbup:

I see you brought up one of my only concerns with this set, the painted rims. I wonder what color is beneath the gold paint and how durable it really is.

Thanks for the review,

I was expecting the video today but I was surprised when I saw the video in the morning, that was pretty fast:laugh:

In some shots its visible that the shade of color is not the same on all parts, not even thinking about the small ones mentioned in vid but in the panels itself. Im thinking if its just 1st batch issue or will happen later on...

Well if the shading will be totally different ill probably just order them from lego again hoping that they will have proper color.

dd5109ecaafc6.jpg

Edited by Valkyx

2 minutes ago, Valkyx said:

In some shots its visible that the shade of color is not the same on all parts, not even thinking about the small ones mentioned in vid but in the panels itself. Im thinking if its just 1st batch issue or will happen later on...

Well if the shading will be totally different ill probably just order them from lego again hoping that they will have proper color.

I had this coloring problem in the roof of my Land Rover where two shades of white where noticeable 

8 minutes ago, AMX said:

I had this coloring problem in the roof of my Land Rover where two shades of white where noticeable 

I've had few of the 4 hole L light blue for Bugatti, once i have it noticed i had to replace it cuz i could only see the difference whole time.

Btw Sariel you got 2 blue pinc wrong way :) they should not stick out at least they dont on Lego page pics :)

b1a6938d593d2.jpg

Here you can see even more shades of lime green:

e64f33ee5e7ed.jpg

Edited by Valkyx

The color shadding variations are really something that happens, specially in lighter colors. I also have the same problem with my Land Rover roof.

That might be a consequence of different factories and probably also resulting from new/different fabrication processes, environment friendlier, but with these drawbacks. I suppose TLG is aware of that and it is a conscious option, environment above color perfection.

In fact, not only there are color variations, but it seems to me that some parts on most recent sets are a bit more flexible than they used to be. Not necessarily a bad thing, but different... 

I don't think the colour variations have anything to do with the environment but the different process they use to colour parts now, which is cheaper.

Still, it's nice to see the suspension is better than the Chiron. Perhaps it's a little hard but rather too hard that too soft (that's what she said!)

I had some tiny glimmer of hope for some new gearbox parts that I might have missed, but sadly no. So this car is not for me. And they have done the same trick with the Bugatti wheels, giving them a little lip to make them look bigger. I can see these wheels having some chipped paint on those edges. It would have been much better to actually make the wheels internal diameter bigger (perhaps then we could fit longer steering arms with Ackerman geometry, like 8880) with lower profile tyres and more authentic tread pattern.

Edited by allanp

Welp, my wallet's still screaming no))) Although I'll wait for 2nd hand or discounts, this isn't worth anywhere near 380 euro and the box would go straight into the recycling bin anyway ┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌    

As a shelf model, gr8 to see printed parts but for future MOCs that printed panel with gas door and the 2L beams with axle hole will be a pain to actually use  (╯_╰). Definitely agree on the tires, it still baffles me that at such pricetag we get the basic design, really seems cost-cutting more than anything.

Overall great lime inventory, awful marketing moves. Top-notch review as always.

Seems to be a very (very) good part donor to assemble others Lamborghini and McLaren...someone already asked me to build Charbel's 720s in Lime Green (I may have to use custom Porsche rims for that one though) and I'll be checking if it's possible to build the Centenario in Lime green for myself too using a few sla-printed parts.

Overall the model looks fantastic and Sariel's review is - as always - amazing :-)