Sign in to follow this  
Corweena

[SR - FB] Flintlock, Stock, and One Smoking Barrel

29 May 620AE

Ragnarrson and the Black Wolf Company have made their way to New Nassau, and established their first property on the island.

Welcome to Flintlock, Stock, and One Smoking Barrel. A one-stop-shop for any Sea Rat's weapons needs. Muskets, pistols, cutlasses, black powder, hatchets, irons....you name it, we have it. No shirt, no shoes, no eye? No problem! We serve any scoundrel who walks through our doors. Doubloons, gems, and all other forms of booty accepted as payment :pir-grin:

49947701246_bcc3138e6a_c.jpg

49947701181_58a7ee6fb3_c.jpg

49947701326_eaeeed61c3_c.jpg

49947701046_88305f8c0c_c.jpg

A 16x16 free build to be licensed as a small commerce property in New Nassau. 

Edited by Corweena

2 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Nice small commerce, Corweena.

Special mention for the flag:thumbup:

Thank you! I learned it's a bit of a challenge cramming as many details as I can into 16x16 lol.

I bought a bunch of those blue/yellow flags (from Spongebob sets I think), and just cut some black tape to recreate the Sea Rat Flag. Working on getting my friend to print me some decals for the large 4x6 flags as well. 

Really nice property. The name is great too, the flag is nice and the architecture matches very well to other established build on the island. Nice job!

First, i loved the (now ancient) movie (although I would argue that two smoking barrels are always better than one :pir-grin:). Second, I also love the interior. Neat and tidy. How unusual for a pirate :pir_tong2:

Edited by blackdeathgr

4 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Really nice property. The name is great too, the flag is nice and the architecture matches very well to other established build on the island. Nice job!

Thank you! I was aiming to match it to the fort and other structures in your New Nassau build. I love the classic white/yellow color scheme. My other builds coming will probably follow suit.

1 hour ago, blackdeathgr said:

First, i loved the (now ancient) movie (although I would argue that two smoking barrels are always better than one :pir-grin:). Second, I also love the interior. Neat and tidy. How unusual for a pirate :pir_tong2:

The Black Wolf prides itself in setting itself apart from other Sea Rats, by having some semblance of order and tidiness (but not at the cost of personal freedom). Finding the right balance for details in such a small space though was definitely a challenge. Took a few tries. 

I went with One Smoking Barrel, as in the movie the gun of name was a double-barrel shotgun....with muskets being the primary firearm of use, I figured it would be more fitting to change it to match. And yes, its a great movie. I'm a bit proud of myself I thought to use a play on its title for my build.

That's a great looking build! (And welcome to the Sea Rats, by the way.)  

1 hour ago, Corweena said:

went with One Smoking Barrel, as in the movie the gun of name was a double-barrel shotgun....with muskets being the primary firearm of use, I figured it would be more fitting to change it to match.

Nice reference in the name! It's a pity that Lego never made a Nock volley gun for minifigs, though...then it could be called Lock, Stock, Seven Smoking Barrels, and One Dislocated Shoulder! :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Pdaitabird

The most frequented place in New Nassau. Nice collection of flintlocks and swords, and it's great to see some old faces, for example captain Ironhook.:pirate:

23 hours ago, Pdaitabird said:

That's a great looking build! (And welcome to the Sea Rats, by the way.)  

Nice reference in the name! It's a pity that Lego never made a Nock volley gun for minifigs, though...then it could be called Lock, Stock, Seven Smoking Barrels, and One Dislocated Shoulder! :pir_laugh2:

That would be a great accessory for the Pirate theme. Would be cool if Brick Arms or one of the other 3rd party companies made it too. 

18 hours ago, Bodi said:

The most frequented place in New Nassau. Nice collection of flintlocks and swords, and it's great to see some old faces, for example captain Ironhook.:pirate:

Thanks! Capt. Ironhook's pirating days may be in the past, but he's still living the life....

quick update, the official Black Wolf Company flags have arrived. You'll be able to catch various versions of the Black Wolf insignia on all company property and ships in the future

49961828506_d0891d15fc_c.jpg

49961828481_c93284db60_c.jpg

Edited by Corweena