SNIPE

42115 Lamborghini Sian MODs and Improvements

On 7/8/2021 at 1:59 PM, blondasek said:

@jb70 I am currently building the pimp version of Sian, box 2, testing the gear switch. Maybe you, or other members have any idea why the shift paddles next to the steering wheel are unable to switch the gearbox from 4th to 5th one or from 5th to 4th, respectively? They are slipping when trying to switch hi-lo gearbox. The gears on the dashboard are also under high stress but they are able to switch the gears eventually. It is similar to the Bugatti version where there is a little bit of resistance, but paddles are able to switch it. Here, not. I did rebuild the whole section and the gearbox twice already, but the paddles are still slipping. I can post a video if this would help, personally I do not have any idea anymore what could be wrong.

Does anyone else encounter this issue? Thank you very much in advance for any tips!

[media] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wdonnf7YTQ [/media]

EDIT: media does not work ;(

I have the same issue in my original Lego build :(

PS: While reading all the nice improvements made I have the feeling to disamble my Sian and to order the needed parts for the pimped version. 
Ok but I will work on the pimped Landrover first ^^

Edited by Reeneman

is there an option to show the exact colour of the bricks required for the mods in words when i export to excel? i exported the excel and the brick colours are shown in numbers (eg 0, 71, 4 etc). otherwise the manual process of hovering the mouse over the part to see the colour is painful

also is it advisable to build both mods from jb70 and astyanax at the same time? or should i build these mods separately?

Edited by tihehe

1 hour ago, tihehe said:

also is it advisable to build both mods from jb70 and astyanax at the same time? or should i build these mods separately?

The mod by Astyanax includes all of the jb70 mods. 

Since I'm not good in building MOC cars but there are (IMHO) legendary cars and (IMHO) two of themare made by Lamborghini. During this year's concourse de elegance in Monterey hommage on Countach should be revealed (model LP800-4). Article is in German, but (if not) soon will be announced in English.

https://de.motor1.com/news/526154/lamborghini-countach-2021-premiere-pebblebeach/

Sorry to bump in topic from last month

Perhaps someone could make such mods

(now I noticed that last line was not published)

And not to speak of the waste of money and natural recourses used to make this product. It's like buying a car and crash it against the first tree you see on purpose, just for 'fun'. And why would you buy and build a Lego set for the only purpose to destroy it for a Youtube video? Some people in this world are crazy. This kind of vids could really piss me off but I won't put energy in it.

The video is not mine, and I definitely would never do it with my models ( I jealously keep my first technic from 1999 (set 8448)) , I didn't want to offend anyone, I just found it funny. Obviously in this forum you can not joke, what a shame, I use my time with lego to escape from everyday stress but here it seems that there are too many touchy people, it is not the first time that it happens to me in this forum, but ok, I'll try to be more serious in the future ...

video removed ...

Edited by barbanera

Its not that this forum is not open to humor in general, it's just that I don't get the "wow look at that very expensive object I would love to have get destroyed on purpose" videos. And it seems I am not alone. It's like these videos where they shoot IPads. It gets a lot of views for whatever reason, but in the end it is braindead content.

Edited by Gray Gear

1 hour ago, Gray Gear said:

Its not that this forum is not open to humor in general, it's just that I don't get the "wow look at that very expensive object I would love to have get destroyed on purpose" videos. And it seems I am not alone. It's like these videos where they shoot IPads. It gets a lot of views for whatever reason, but in the end it is braindead content.

ok I understand, I share your thoughts, I just didn't think I would trigger this discussion, in the world you waste money every day in many ways and maybe wrongly I didn't think about the wrong message that could be transmitted. I personally make sacrifices to cultivate my passions (this and that for painting) I understand that destroying for no reason is not an edifying thing, but perhaps this is not the forum for discussing this. However, I apologize for being perhaps a little shallow (I'm not sure if that's the correct word).

@barbanera Don't worry too much about it... As far as I can see, your only offense was misreading the crowd. :wink:

Although the vid you posted was quite clearly on the 'bad' side, I think there's a grey zone when it comes to mangling bricks on camera. The Brick Experiment channel willfully chews through quite some ABS but that seems to be fine. Also there are plenty of videos where large Lego models are smashed at very high speed against a wall or against each other, predictably mangling quite a few parts. But because they're recorded in super slomo it's suddenly 'mesmerizing'. 

14 minutes ago, astyanax said:

@barbanera Don't worry too much about it... As far as I can see, your only offense was misreading the crowd. :wink:

@astyanax, thank you, you fully understand my thoughts and it is not the first time, great respect!:pir-classic:

14 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Although the vid you posted was quite clearly on the 'bad' side, I think there's a grey zone when it comes to mangling bricks on camera. The Brick Experiment channel willfully chews through quite some ABS but that seems to be fine. Also there are plenty of videos where large Lego models are smashed at very high speed against a wall or against each other, predictably mangling quite a few parts. But because they're recorded in super slomo it's suddenly 'mesmerizing'. 

that's just what I thought

Edited by barbanera

On 8/30/2021 at 3:50 AM, Bartybum said:

Also, I uh... I wouldn't mind seeing you have a go at restyling the Sian to have better proportions... especially at the rear :grin:

@Bartybum Let me address this in the appropriate thread. :sweet:

Although modding the Sian is a closed chapter to me, I do recall closely studying the model's proportions, but my conclusion was that it's a lost cause, given that retaining the moveable rear wing is a hard requirement. Due to its minimal thickness of 1 module, the rear wing will always look disproportionate. As a result, better proportioning other parts of the rear will never yield satisfactory results as long as it has that wing sitting on top.

That was just my conclusion, and that's where I left it at...

I am assisting my friend to make the 42115 motorized into a manual with Studio (currently using photos).

Where can I get the original unmodified .mpd or .io so that I can speed up my production?

If possible, please send it to email removed. Thanks!

Edited by Milan
Removed email address. It may attract spam. Users can send you a PM.

5 minutes ago, mycai0220 said:

非常感謝,對我幫助很大。

Please try to use English. I understand you did not do it on purpose, so just notifying you.

28 minutes ago, Milan said:

Please try to use English. I understand you did not do it on purpose, so just notifying you.

He said "Thank you very much, it helped me a lot".

58 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

He said "Thank you very much, it helped me a lot".

Wow you discovered google translator *oh2*

Btw; nice to post translation since @mycai0220 is new user and needs to set things up on his PC...