SNIPE

42115 Lamborghini Sian MODs and Improvements

@astyanax 
Great! Have also tried for a long time and didn't dare to ask. Thank you for the beautiful "Easter egg".

@astyanax Thanks for this. So the mystery of how the fin is stabliized laterally is the pin hole connector and the gray cross axle - I figured it had to be something like this. In your first fin design I found that the Bionicle tooth could be somewhat stabilized by using an old-school slotless friction pin to fix the pin connector. in fact I found a few cases where the old-school friction pins were helpful in attaching the body panels. Again, thanks for all of this - if I ever meet you in person the beer will be on me ;)

Just now, codex99 said:

@astyanax Thanks for this. So the mystery of how the fin is stabliized laterally is the pin hole connector and the gray cross axle - I figured it had to be something like this. In your first fin design I found that the Bionicle tooth could be somewhat stabilized by using an old-school slotless friction pin to fix the pin connector. in fact I found a few cases where the old-school friction pins were helpful in attaching the body panels. Again, thanks for all of this - if I ever meet you in person the beer will be on me ;)

Actually the fin is stable even without being attached to the car. The (black) 5L axle runs vertically from the "o+" liftarm up to the new panel fairing, keeping it steady.

17 minutes ago, Scoar Sonander said:

What program is this?

LDCad for making the model, LPub3D for making the instructions.

On 1/17/2021 at 9:59 PM, astyanax said:

But I really ran out of steam... I've been staring at photos of the real Sian for so long; and you know what the funny thing is... the real car just remains an ugly beast itself. :laugh_hard: I don't think any amount of modding can fix that!

@astyanax, looking at my pimped Sian on the shelf for a while I found some things that might give you (or someone else) revived "steam" 😁

Either the rear overhang is too big, the wheelbase is too short, or rear axle is too far forwards. Either way, it's a big modification!

Anyone?

1 hour ago, Scoar Sonander said:

The Sian is very short. 

Still longer than other cars at the same scale... :wink:

20210207_123549_HDR.jpg

On 1/17/2021 at 9:59 PM, astyanax said:

I've been staring at photos of the real Sian for so long; and you know what the funny thing is... the real car just remains an ugly beast itself. :laugh_hard: I don't think any amount of modding can fix that!

Lol, no doubt about that, i wouldve much prefered the Huracan or Aventador myself

This very moment....

... when you had the extra parts lying around for quite some time, waiting for you to disassemble the Sián and rebuild it in its 'Pimp up' version.

... when you admire the work of all the skilled people who have contributed to all these improvements

... when you are close to completing the model, having only a bit of body work left

800x600.JPG

And only then... you notice this :damn:

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

Edited by Woodstock89

Thanks! It will take some time to digest this incredibly stupid mistake. Next weekend the earliest I will start disassembling it again...

Hi all, the new kid on the block. 

I have reworked the body of the Lego Sian to better represent the real car. Notably, the side and the engine cover. 

More parts are still on their way, I will post more updates.

1280x960.jpg

1280x1707.jpg

:pir-sweet:

1 hour ago, Tonyst4rk80 said:

Hi

I like your mods but I have a problem on a step
Collision at this location or I missed something...

Indeed in the virtual model there's a collision. But in reality it works out, thanks to usage of part 45590, which is rubber and bendy.

85x85p.jpg

This part is very useful for resolving minor collisions! :pir-sweet:

Ok I was wondering for this part too I have my answer, thx :pir-grin:

I find it curious anyway, it looks like it miss thickness of a flat piece, usually with stud.io you can build everything without any collision...

But...if in reality it works out I should be able to fix it virtually, great cosmetic changes anyway:pir-huzzah2:

27 minutes ago, Tonyst4rk80 said:

I find it curious anyway, it looks like it miss thickness of a flat piece

The intended effect is that the collision with the 3x13 curved panel causes the subconstruction to get slanted forward a bit, as it's an extension of the bonnet.

30 minutes ago, Tonyst4rk80 said:

great cosmetic changes anyway

Cheers! :pir-huzzah2:

@jb70 I am currently building the pimp version of Sian, box 2, testing the gear switch. Maybe you, or other members have any idea why the shift paddles next to the steering wheel are unable to switch the gearbox from 4th to 5th one or from 5th to 4th, respectively? They are slipping when trying to switch hi-lo gearbox. The gears on the dashboard are also under high stress but they are able to switch the gears eventually. It is similar to the Bugatti version where there is a little bit of resistance, but paddles are able to switch it. Here, not. I did rebuild the whole section and the gearbox twice already, but the paddles are still slipping. I can post a video if this would help, personally I do not have any idea anymore what could be wrong.

Does anyone else encounter this issue? Thank you very much in advance for any tips!

[media] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wdonnf7YTQ [/media]

EDIT: media does not work ;(

Edited by blondasek
Video added.

@Tonyst4rk80 thank you for your reply. I did check it againt, but the ring itself is sliding properly, no friction there. I did even swap them, as well as the driving rings, etc.. Still exactly the same issue. I think I will have to live with that :x Maybe one day I will just build a second one separately and swap them. Bugatti was not spinning the engine on reverse gear, because I forgot 16t gear, for two years so this can wait :D