SNIPE

42115 Lamborghini Sian MODs and Improvements

Do we know whether for this the gearbox still works in reverse (shifting up increases engine speed, shifting down decreases it)? If so correcting that would be an important first mod IMO.

Edited by XenoRad

On 5/29/2020 at 7:26 PM, XenoRad said:

Do we know whether for this the gearbox still works in reverse (shifting up increases engine speed, shifting down decreases it)? If so correcting that would be an important first mod IMO.

That's a very good point which I totally forgot about , I will be building it in a few days so ill let you know.

Edited by SNIPE

On 5/29/2020 at 8:26 PM, XenoRad said:

Reverse bypasses the whole gearbox. 

14 hours ago, LvdH said:

Reverse bypasses the whole gearbox. 

That's not what I meant. For the Chiron (and the Land Rover) when in Drive, shifting up from 1-2-3-4.... actually makes the pistons move faster. Shifting down makes the pistons move slower. This is in reverse to how a real gearbox works which slows down the engine in higher gears.

Edited by XenoRad

There seems to be quite an easy way to add HOG steering. Below the dash there is quite a lot of empty space (3-4 studs in some places).

The steering wheel has three gears between its axle and the rack. 

chrome_2020-06-04_10-53-34.png

If you put three of those same gears on the other side you're already close. Just need to route it to the middle and up through the dash (this requires a small mod though). Anyone up for the task? 

800x450.jpg

7 minutes ago, jaizazazaza said:

hi I just mod 42115 now it can drive!!!

Good job!  Looks like you're the first few one to mod the 42115 to RC.
I did not have the 42115 yet, could you share some modifications details? like what motor you are using and where you put it into?
I wonder could we keep the gearbox and RC the same time.

Nice one!

54 minutes ago, SamuelYsc said:

Good job!  Looks like you're the first few one to mod the 42115 to RC.
I did not have the 42115 yet, could you share some modifications details? like what motor you are using and where you put it into?
I wonder could we keep the gearbox and RC the same time.

Nice one!

this is the picture for how to mod it with 2l motor and 1 servo and where I place buwizz

for everyone who like this please like&share

The more people know,the more new idea

For real I just finish this mod in 3rd june but I forgot to post and it is so sleepy because I use all of my power to mod it.It make me so sleepy XD.

I have not much time because Im 17 years old.Sorry if I slow reply.

7 hours ago, jaizazazaza said:

this is the picture for how to mod it with 2l motor and 1 servo and where I place buwizz

for everyone who like this please like&share

The more people know,the more new idea

For real I just finish this mod in 3rd june but I forgot to post and it is so sleepy because I use all of my power to mod it.It make me so sleepy XD.

I have not much time because Im 17 years old.Sorry if I slow reply.

It looks so nice! It is ok,keep building!

Actually those new soft ducatti shocks do have a use in this car but it is a function that has never been done in LEGO before to my knowledge, however the real car as well as most sports/supercars have it:

Race/Sport mode. we could use two ducatti shocks and two extra hard shocks per wheel and have a mechanism fo switch which one gets comparessed when the wheel hits a bump! it will also have adjustable tide height too.

so:

Sport mode = higher ride height + soft suspention.

Race mode = lower ride height + hard suspention.

You can also manually raise the spoiler for sport mode and lower it for race mode for effect.

I think this would be interesting, yes some people will say that it;s not an exciting function but they're wrong :P

Also racingbricks made an RC version that has  RC drive, steering, door opening, and spoiler but the gearbox and paddle shifter has been removed :(

https://www.custombricks.de/CUSTOM-Instructions/Technic-Mocs/41021-EN.html

Regards, Snipe.

Edited by SNIPE

On 5/28/2020 at 7:31 PM, SNIPE said:
  • Make the doors open outwards more like on the real car
  •  

Well actually it's like that, Lamborghini uses scissor doors. Mclaren doors opens outwards.:laugh:

2 hours ago, JoshsTechnicWorkshop said:

Well actually it's like that, Lamborghini uses scissor doors. Mclaren doors opens outwards.:laugh:

Nah he means translation at the base. If you look at a front photo of the Sian and the set, the real doors swing further out at the base

On 6/3/2020 at 7:41 AM, XenoRad said:

That's not what I meant. For the Chiron (and the Land Rover) when in Drive, shifting up from 1-2-3-4.... actually makes the pistons move faster. Shifting down makes the pistons move slower. This is in reverse to how a real gearbox works which slows down the engine in higher gears.

42110 gearbox is correct. Just the sticker is wrong.

3 hours ago, Anio said:

Two can play that game: 42110 sticker is correct. Just the gearbox is wrong.

4 hours ago, Anio said:

The same can be said for the bugatti, the gearbox is correct, but the shifter padles are hooked up the wrong way around (which i believe was spotted and fixed quite easily by the community), either way, the bugatti didnt have a sticker saying what was up and down, and considering the overlap between AFOLs and people actually driving a chiron, not many would notice or be seriously annoyed by this, on the landrover the sticker being wrong is quite more serious imho.

If i may ask a question to those who already built their Sian, how is the colour consistency? I just watched the Held der Steine review, and pretty much his only sticking point is the fact that colour consistency, even between the same parts is pretty poor

Today I finally finished my out-of-the-box-build of the 42115 Lamborghini Sian.

And these are my first impressions:

• The design of the car is very beautiful and detailed.
  • Some nice new parts.
  • The build took me 7 days in the evening hours and was a lot of fun to build. The video podcasts tell you nice facts from both the Lego designers and the Lamborghini designers.
  • Scissor doors are working perfectly
  • Moving Spoiler up and down is also working perfectly
  • No HOG Steering.
  • No center differential.
  • Gearbox has no limiter, means that shifting up from 8th gear will continue with 1st gear. 
  • When steering wheel is turned to the limits, something seems to rub at the rims. 
  • Paddle shifter has been improved from Bugatti, but still works in the wrong direction (pulling right paddle to the driver should shift up (+), but it shifts down).

I will now start working on a "Pimp up my Lamborghini" project to add and share some useful MODs to this beautiful model. 

At first I would like to focus on:

• Adding HOG steering, and solve the rub on the rim issue
  • Adding center diff and gearbox limiter (try to place the mechanics from the gearbox of Pimped Up My Bugatti into the nice new frame window of the Lamborghini Sian)

Any hints and solution ideas from this community are very welcome!

6 hours ago, jb70 said:

Any hints and solution ideas from this community are very welcome!

Please, rework the front suspension with correct length of steering arms and adding Ackermann geometry.

7 hours ago, jb70 said:

I will now start working on a "Pimp up my Lamborghini" project to add and share some useful MODs to this beautiful model. 

:thumbup: As always looking forward to the real ultimate model with the instructions for adults!

On 6/10/2020 at 12:43 AM, jb70 said:

Adding center diff and gearbox limiter (try to place the mechanics from the gearbox of Pimped Up My Bugatti into the nice new frame window of the Lamborghini Sian)

My first goal has been reached. At least in a virtual build. I need to build and test it in the real model.

It was quite a challenge to get the optimized gearbox mechanics from Pimp up my Bugatti to fit into this nice new 15x11 frame without interfering with the surrounding parts of the Lamborghini Sian. But in the end it worked and I am very happy with it!

42115%20Pimp%20up%20my%20Lamborghini-1-2

42115%20Pimp%20up%20my%20Lamborghini-1-2

This is a comparison of the original gearbox (which is exactly the same gear sequence as in the 42083 Bugatti Chiron):

Gearbox-Coloured.png

And my new optimized gearbox:

Gearbox-Gearbox%20new%20coloured.png

Thanks @jb70

Im sure that the space between the front and rear axles is smaller than in the bugatti which might have been intentional to give it a better turning circle.

Or, it just looks like its smaller because of the 11x15L frame. I also noticed that the chassis when doing box1 is actually a little more minimalist than the bugatti which means lego is finally starting to listen to me *YEY*.

It also means it is easier to add more stuff to it in a MOD. i'm working on making the chassis even simplier still as a digital model.

Regards, Snipe.

Nice work @jb70! I hope it works as expected in real life.

I was thinking, could you make the axle that engages directly with the center differential the input for reverse? That would solve the issue of reverse engaging with the front output of the center differential. You would have to change the DNR too of course, but I think it's doable.

If your gearbox won't work out, then surly a gearbox without center differential that is more simple than the stock one will fit. It's insane how many gear meshes the stock build uses.

Edited by Didumos69

1 hour ago, Didumos69 said:

Nice work @jb70! I hope it works as expected in real life.

I was thinking, could you make the axle that engages directly with the center differential the input for reverse? That would solve the issue of reverse engaging with the front output of the center differential. You would have to change the DNR too of course, but I think it's doable.

If your gearbox won't work out, then surly a gearbox without center differential that is more simple than the stock one will fit. It's insane how many gear meshes the stock build uses.

@Didumos69

Do you mean something like this (colored in orange)?Gearbox-didumos69-Gearbox%20new%20colour

That's a great idea! Of course also the reverse gear should be connected directly to the center diff.

There should be enough space in the Lamborghini to get it fit in, so it might work. I need to check tomorrow!

But, I think, we need to add at least on more gear pair in the orange gear track to change direction and make it get really a "reverse" gear, do you agree?