SNIPE

42115 Lamborghini Sian MODs and Improvements

I know it's a little early (3 days) but we have been seeing people make replicas and even MOD sets before they have came out so I thought I would make a threat thread to brainstorm some MODs and improvements for this set

Here's my 2 cents:

• New Ducatti shocks on all wheels
  • New differentials from 42109 front and rear
  • Red 4L center differential from 42110
  • Make the doors open outwards more like on the real car
  • CV joints from 42099 on the differential end of the axles.
  • Linear clutches where necessary from 42100.
  • Adjustable ride height like real car (IDK if it's just a nose life still or full adjustment)
  • And heres the big one: PF motorisation, I think we can learn from recent super car MODs that you can indeed have many features and nice body work as well as cram motors in. And the new frames and biscuit joints will help make more compact mechanisms.
  • If we want manual features too then that's not too hard actually because you just use a 9396 one way clutch mechanism but with 8T gears not 16T, so very small.
  • PF LEDS or lego Night Mode

Go Nuts!

Edited by SNIPE

Personally don't care for much from your list actually. :laugh: PF motorisation for functions would be nice, for drive I couldn't care less to see a car go 2 km/h.

Since Didumos pointed out it's a re-used Chiron gearbox, it's probably due for a more efficient version (copy-paste from the Pimped Up Chiron?)

Which would also provide the center diff and a 8>1 gearblock. That's about the only stuff I'd like to see from what we know so far.

Edited by Appie
typo

3 minutes ago, Appie said:

Personally don't care for much from your list actually. :laugh: PF motorisation for functions would be nice, for drive I couldn't care less to see a car go 2 km/h.

Since Didumos pointed out it's a re-used Chiron gearbox, it's probably due for a more efficient version (copy-paste from the Pimped Up Chiron?)

Which would also provide the center diff and a 8>1 gearblock. That's about the only stuff I'd like to see from what we know so far.

I made a way smaller 8 speed gearbox than whats in the pimp my bugatti and it has space for a center diff underneath it.

6 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

But why though? And how?

Heh they are nicer parts :P and its easier to add a nose lift since the shocks have more mounting options

The old shocks are 6.5L also and I've wanted to see something easier to work with for a long time.

Think I remember that, was it build with the biscuits or the mockup with connectors? Or both? Don't think the size really matters in this case though, plenty of space in that 15x11 frame and 4 beams in height. Unless you got plans to add another function in that space?

Also I mentioned the Pimp Up Chiron gearbox especially because I remember the later version(s) already having a center diff.

59 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

I know it's a little early (2 days) but we have been seeing people make replicas and even MOD sets before they have came out so I thought I would make a threat to brainstorm some MODs and improvments for this set

Heres my 2 cents:

• New ducatti shocks on all wheels
  • New differentials front and rear
  • Red 4L center differential
  • Make the doors open outwards more like on the real car
  • CV joints from 42099 on the differential end of the axles.
  • Linear clutches where nessesary from 42100.
  • Adjustable ride height like real car (IDK if its just a nose life still or full adjustament)
  • And heres the big one: PF motorisation, I think we can learn from recent super car MOCS that you can indeed have many features and nice bodywork as well as cram motors in. And the new frames and biscuit joints will help make more compact mechanisms.
  • if we want manual features too then thats not too hard actually because like you just use a 9396 one way clutch mechanism but with 8T gears not 16T, so very small.
  • PF LEDS or lego Night Mode

Go Nuts!

Ducati shock are exactly opposite of what you need, long travel and low force 

New diffs are not needed in manual model, they increase RPM and friction

I agree on center diff

CV joints might be useful for motorized version, no advantages in manual

Why would you need linear clutches? 

Adjustable ride height is a good idea, could be done with MLAs 

I will motorize my model as soon as I get it, but it means gearbox will have to be removed

You could use transparent bars as light guides and LEDs

1 hour ago, SNIPE said:

I would make a threat to brainstorm some MODs and improvments

I already feel threatened :laugh:

12 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Ducati shock are exactly opposite of what you need, long travel and low force 

New diffs are not needed in manual model, they increase RPM and friction

I agree on center diff

CV joints might be useful for motorized version, no advantages in manual

Why would you need linear clutches? 

Adjustable ride height is a good idea, could be done with MLAs 

I will motorize my model as soon as I get it, but it means gearbox will have to be removed

You could use transparent bars as light guides and LEDs

oh I didnt know they were soft shocks. maybe not then idk.

Linear Clutches if they are needed just for protection.

I still badly feel the urge to put the new diffs in even though they will slow the final gear ratio down a lot... it's just because well, they're a new part which makes the model feel more special.

However this topic is not nessecerily a pimp my lambo topic athough a pimped up lambo moc would be nice so you can all make your model how you want it of course

5 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

I already feel threatened :laugh:

Oops lol typo there

Edited by SNIPE

Personally the only mods I'd do are:

1. Center diff

2. Adjustable height ride

3. HoG

4. Optimized 7-speed gearbox 

5. Re designing the door. They don't look right 

Honestly if you need a cluth gear/ linear clutch in your manual models it just means you are not 100% confident with its reliability :grin:

I don't care too much for the functions with these kinds of sets as all my 1:8 cars are just sitting on shelves. My other non licences sets and MOCs get more attention personally. 

But aesthetically I'd try and get the rear lights to have some sort of trans red pieces rather than red. Also the hood, maybe remove the flex axles, move the two Vs out one stud each and then recreate that trapezoid area a bit more accurately. 

This is in fact the '42115 mods and improvements speculation' topic.

23 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

This is in fact the '42115 mods and improvements speculation' topic.

So true. :laugh:

14 hours ago, MinusAndy said:

I think I’d mod the price.

That is the only mid that came across my mind :laugh:

I will paint the wheels like this, looks waaaaaayy better imo!!!:pir-love:

It's at min 4:40 in the DNA video!

Unbenannt - Kopie.PNG

Edited by Coolusername

9 minutes ago, Coolusername said:

I will paint the wheels like this, looks waaaaaayy better imo!!!:pir-love:

It's at min 4:40 in the DNA video!

Unbenannt - Kopie.PNG

I thought they looked awesome too in metallic silver, against lime.

Agree, I would also upgrade with a black "custom" (you know) wheel... gold is just not my cup of tea. But I could even imagine the original dark blue Bugatti wheels, as they match color-wise to lime.

Edit: yepp, silver wouldn't be too bad either. Also I like the spoke pattern much more of these.

HTB1xs.hajzuK1RjSsppq6xz0XXah.jpgHTB1r5K2w7voK1RjSZPfq6xPKFXaw.jpg

Edited by agrof

Still unsure, if I get it, as it would be my first Technic car :D

What's buggin me the most is the hood of the engine. And I would definitely try to mod this. It's like TLC didn't even try to get them right :sceptic:

lamborghini-sian-exterior-13-1024x578.jp

jwo20200529011008.jpg