Darth Bjorn

[M12 - Byblos - TT] Clone Infiltration Unit

*Your entry has earned 14 XP*

270520_moc2.jpg

Excerpt from TK-7447 mission log: Usually these urban infiltration missions means going deep on some heavily secured Separatist world. This time however, the seps have come to us. Intelligence says that the seps are going for an encrypted data vault on Byblos. Fortunately the seps are underestimating us as always. If I didn’t know any better I’d say the seps are letting us win the war...

270520_moc2-2-6.jpg

Srg. Hawkes: Cobalt Squad come in. This is Hawkes reporting. We're in position on the rooftop. Two clankers on guard. Begin the ascend. Standing by.

270520_moc2-2-5.jpg

B1-321: All good, nothing to report.
B1-7777: Roger, roger!

270520_moc2-2-1.jpg

CT-3631: Copy that! The sever entrance is clear. Domes and Tick is making their way up there.

270520_moc2-2-2.jpg

CT-7005: Domes reporting. I'm tailing Tick through the depot. All clear.

270520_moc2-2-4.jpg

Yrizzt-Tzal: Whatzz takin' zo kriffing long?!? We needzz da filezz!
Ima-Frey: Shut it sleemo. I'm working as fast as I can.

270520_moc2-2-3.jpg

CT-7104: *whispering* Tick here. I'm in the vent just above the mainframe. Ready to move in. Standing by.

///

This was a good challenge to do some vertical building! Hope you enjoy the cliffhanger! ;)

Spoiler

IMG_4441.JPG

Really happy with that mainframe/server thingy... Need to find another good spot for it in a future moc...

IMG_70981.JPG

The Byblos sever is very slimy...

It's a very well thought out build. The layout, the colors and the used parts are pretty much perfect. the balance between the cleaner builded sections and the smaller detials is also great and the story is neat too.

Great vertical build! I like a lot the different textures you applied to the different levels. The sided boxes conform a very nice effect, and I love that assault from the green waters. 

Holy cow Bjorn, the mainframe is fantastic!  Hands-down my favorite is your use of the lever handles as a base for the holo/book piece that Ima-Frey is using (and great use of star wars cursing)!  I haven't seen that before and it works extremely well The slime is extremely dynamic and pretty disgusting looking, the drip in the back is excellent.  Great angling on the roof, it looks quite realistic as do the "brick" bricks in the walls and the cheese slopes used for broken/missing wall pieces!  The overall studless appearance is very cool.  What species is Yrizzt-Tzai?

7 hours ago, Darth Bjorn said:

Thanks for noticing all the little details. Yrizzt-Tzai could be a Trandoshan (I think that head works well as a 'helmet-trandoshan head'), or maybe a Tarasin, Barabel or Saurin. What do you think - any suggestions?

Barabel have the least snouty face, so that might work!  I always think of them as dark red from the old Shadows of the Empire comic, but most of the images show them as green!  Really, any of the four would work great as an "in-helmet" head.  I'm a gigantic SW nerd but I hadn't heard of the Tarasin, so thank you!  I'll have to introduce one into my SWRPG.

Edit: Part 34721b from the Ninjago Shark Army General's collar might work really well for a Tarasin's neck frill in the future!

Edited by DrMuttonchops
added neck frill

On 5/30/2020 at 5:26 PM, DrMuttonchops said:

Barabel have the least snouty face, so that might work!  I always think of them as dark red from the old Shadows of the Empire comic, but most of the images show them as green!  Really, any of the four would work great as an "in-helmet" head.  I'm a gigantic SW nerd but I hadn't heard of the Tarasin, so thank you!  I'll have to introduce one into my SWRPG.

Edit: Part 34721b from the Ninjago Shark Army General's collar might work really well for a Tarasin's neck frill in the future!

Ah! That piece is really cool! Wish i had that one. I made my own piece in a previous Factions entry, to portray the Tarasin on their home world Cularin:

@DrMuttonchops I'm a massive SW fan myself - especially planets and species is my kink. You should totally join the Factions RPG?

Great work here! Reminds me a lot of the Citadel Arc. I like the use of the box pieces as computer units. And cramped/confined feel of the slime area.

On 6/1/2020 at 6:37 AM, Darth Bjorn said:

Ah! That piece is really cool! Wish i had that one. I made my own piece in a previous Factions entry, to portray the Tarasin on their home world Cularin:

I'm a massive SW fan myself - especially planets and species is my kink. You should totally join the Factions RPG?

I don't know how I missed seeing that post, you did a great job!  And I've been toying with joining Factions or Dark Times, but I don't have a large part pool that isn't from the 90s (few brackets/SNOT bricks) which kinda limits my building.  I've bricklinked stuff for specific projects but I'm much better at modifying than building de novo!  

1 hour ago, DrMuttonchops said:

I don't know how I missed seeing that post, you did a great job!  And I've been toying with joining Factions or Dark Times, but I don't have a large part pool that isn't from the 90s (few brackets/SNOT bricks) which kinda limits my building.  I've bricklinked stuff for specific projects but I'm much better at modifying than building de novo!  

Alright - too bad. Your feedback is always appreciated...

Brilliant multi-level build! I really like the clone trooper poking his head through the vent, that's a lovely detail. On the top level you did a good job of breaking up the exterior panels using some of the new tiles, it looks more "natural".

13 hours ago, Basiliscus said:

Brilliant multi-level build! I really like the clone trooper poking his head through the vent, that's a lovely detail. On the top level you did a good job of breaking up the exterior panels using some of the new tiles, it looks more "natural".

Thanks! I also had the most trouble angling his helmet... ?