Friedie

[MOC] Friedies Millennium Falcon

Hi Folks,

my name is Friedie, I'm from Bonn, Germany and this is my first posting here. I was born back in 1967 and I allways was a big Starw Wars Fan. In the last years I followed all that Lego Star Wars Creations on the Internet but never took part in building Lego myself (what I did when I was a child of course). In 2017 I thought of buying the new UCS Set but I was was a bit disapointed, that the Interior was not complete and they used these "Sticker-Hallways". I know, it is not a play-model, but even a Display Model should be "complete"in my oppinion, even more when you consider the high price.

But The Falcon allways was my favorite ship, as Han Solo was my favorite charater of the series. so finally I wanted to have a Lego Falcon at home, so I decided to buy me the 75257 Edition. It was fun to build but the outcome is so much different from the original thing. So I first decided to mod it and got me some more parts from bricklink.

Corona came leavin me working at home and having much more spare time. I looked up a lot of mods and mocs on the Internet, and I also found this site of course. There are brilliant works (stifos!) that inspired me from the start ofmy building efforts.

Finally I finished my work and it evolved from some simple mods to a fullgrown moc of the Millennium Falcon witha detailed interior.

First some Numbers:

Length: 53 cm (75257: 44)

Width: 37cm (32)

Hight: 17,5 cm (14)

Weight: 3,2 kg (2,1)

I don't know the number of parts, cause I just build the thing together, so sadly I don't have instructions or part lists to offer.

But here are the first pics I want to show you... The "Corona" Falcons Overall Exterior:

01exterior1u8j5t.jpg

01exterior2z5kh9.jpg

01exterior3qdk6f.jpg

01exterior4fwk86.jpg

01exterior5d0jc3.jpg

01exterior6k0jon.jpg

Edited by Friedie

Hi Friedie, congrats on the work.  Amazing exterior, look really nice. 

Could you post pictures of the interior?  You mention that it was the part that bothered the most out of the UCS set, so I would love to view yours. If it´s anything similar to the detail on the exterior I´m sure it´s a sight I want to see. 

Once again, great job!

P.S. :  If possible post as many pictures as possible, the cockpit looks quite nice which is the only part I can see from the interior. 

...that was my plan anyway @legolord  ;)

...First here are some more Exterior details (Interior pics in the following posts):

View from the front with our good old friends Han and Chewie:

02img_871569koj.jpg

Details from the left side of the Falcon:

02img_87163tjpe.jpg

I know, the Boarding ramp is a bit too cramped...

02img_8717lbjg7.jpg

...but the secret Gun from the Tatooine escape scene is there and can be drawn back upwards:

02img_8718b6k75.jpg

Next pics: The Rescue of Luke by Lando at Bespin The hatch can be opened and closed:

02img_8719p7jyu.jpg

02img_87206dk88.jpg

Not good to see here: There's a ladder going down to the hallway....

02img_8721.1dejvt.jpg

02img_8721.21yj1e.jpg

Han shows us the Back of his loved Falcon:

02img_87241njyt.jpg

Edited by Friedie

...as I promised here are first impressions from the Interior... an Overview. Detailed pics of the sections will follow in later posts...

03img_018ajzg.jpg

These parts are quite easy to remove...

03img_02aakp1.jpg

a closer look:

Sections included:Cockpit with direct accesss to the ship, cockpit hallway, foward hold, main hold, a kitchn and a forward computer station room (that is by my fantasy), hallways to the rear (one with the boarding ramp, the other with a toilett and the access to the rescue-hatch), rear hallway, rear hold (=Chewies room), rear computer room, engine room, captains quarters with personal bathroom (shower and toilett).

03img_03d7jek.jpg

top segments removed:

03img_04wzk4d.jpg

another view with all the top segments and parts removed:

03img_05zujby.jpg

view from the front:

03img_0641kaa.jpg

view from the rear:

03img_07xijp7.jpg

Very nice! Great to see how you  got all the interior into (nearly) the main structure of the original model! And you got 6 different spaces?. I guess I will have to stretch my one now, too.

great job!

1 hour ago, stifos said:

Very nice! Great to see how you  got all the interior into (nearly) the main structure of the original model! And you got 6 different spaces?. I guess I will have to stretch my one now, too.

great job!

Thank you very much @stifos! I did buy your instructions, which helped me a lot. Also took some ideas from you like the hallway in the rear and the main hold. Your falcon is superb!

Here are some detailed pics of the cockpit. 4 Minifigs find their seats. I added some computer consoles at the back like n the movies....

04img_01khj4t.jpg

04img_2o4k0a.jpg

04img_03zfjrp.jpg

04img_04bhjt0.jpg

04img_057yjc8.jpg

04img_06n9jzn.jpg

After the cockpit details we start a tour around the falcon starting  with the cockpit hallway:

05img_011tjk5.jpg

05img_02wykt3.jpg

On the righthandside there's the forward hold. I know, that there is no access following the original deck plans, so it's a compromise. Otherwise the room for the main hold would've been to small:

06img_011hk6r.jpg

06img_020zj0i.jpg

06img_03kojms.jpg

we turn left to the the boarding ramp hallway. There's access to the ramp on the left and to the weapons turret on the right side:

07img_01lckk3.jpg

07img_02alk6w.jpg

a look at the weapons turret from above. There are 2 seats and a ladder to reach them:

08img_0132kcm.jpg

Next time we take a closer look at the rear-interior....

Edited by Friedie

Great mods Freddie! The interior is very impressive, like Stifos said squeezing that into the model is a real achievement. I also really like how you’ve added shape to the underside, it’s a shame it was so boring on the original model so it’s great to see some effort put into it. Excellent work ?

thx @mcphatty!

The rear hallway connects all the compartments here. My building was verymuch inspired by @stifos:

09img_018pk5v.jpg

09img_020fkjs.jpg

as the Falcon is a freighter, so there must be some place for cargo in my opinion. The rear Hold is used by Chewie as quarters also here:

10img_01epjq8.jpg

10img_024ikaq.jpg

In the official deckplans there is a small room with a computer station. It fit in, so I build it:

11img_01adkyg.jpg

We're arriving at the Engine Room and Captains quarters.

The Engine Room has some computer panels and tubes and even a small compartement to open. I'm not sure if it's better for hiding goods (for hiding "real" minifigs it is too small) or a section to work on the Hyperdrive (for that I would have to put some technical parts there in the future):

12img_01xmkzv.jpg

12img_02pijfq.jpg

12img_03wjj6j.jpg

12img_0425kym.jpg

12img_05mtk44.jpg

Instead of the crew quarters with 2 or 3 bunks, I created a small but cosy Captain's Quarters for Han Solo with a nice bunk (Minifig fits in), a small console near it, a coffee maker and a chair. And as a "Captain's Luxury" there is a small bathroom included with a tiolet and a shower:

13img_03p6jgb.jpg

13img_016xja8.jpg

13img_02z8khx.jpg

Edited by Friedie

Hallway with the ladder to the rescue hatch. And I build a small toilet for everyone. Has to be on a space ship:

14img_018cjvs.jpg

14img_02p4kxl.jpg

Forward Computer Room and a small Kitchen: Seemed to be better to put something there instead of a another mere hallway:

15img_01pykzr.jpg

15img_025tjrk.jpg

15mg_03xdjr9.jpg

15img_0440jvh.jpg

Finally the most important section: The main hold:

16img_013ljyw.jpg

16img_02ulkat.jpg

16img_0394j9a.jpg

16img_04jrjkc.jpg

16img_05azj2u.jpg

16img_06adjcp.jpg

16img_078gjf5.jpg

Now the Falcon is on it's way to rescue Leia from the death star.... but who is flying the ship?

Hope you enjoyed the tour!

;)

16img_08jzjrx.jpg

Edited by Friedie

Wow! Amazing detail, man. I really like this. The thought that went into the interior is especially impressive.