Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

[OL - Challenge III - Cat E] Ambush!

Gilbert and William were out on a march with Lotii forces, exploring the vast terrain of El Oleonda. The forces they were with were a tad green, but they clearly had no desire to give up.

CRACK! A musket shot rang out. CRACK! Another, this one hitting one of the commanders of the Lotii force, shooting his blod onto the trail.

"We're being attacked!" Gilbert shouted as he fired his weapon. William did likewise.

ch3_cate.png
ch3_cate_2.png
ch3_cate_3.png

"Can you tell who they are?" William asked.

ch3_cate_4.png
"AAAAh!"

ch3_cate_5.png

ch3_cate_6.png

"It looks like Carno men, to me," Gilbert replied to his crewmate.

ch3_cate_7.png

"That man doesn't have a weapon!" What is he going to do? Push bamboo on us?"

ch3_cate_8.png
ch3_cate_9.png"

"Huehuehue," a Carno commander chuckles.

ch3_cate_10.png

Edited by KotZ

The staggered build looks good, it helps to better distinguish the defenders from the attackers. Nice minifigs posing too.

1 hour ago, Bodi said:

The staggered build looks good, it helps to better distinguish the defenders from the attackers. Nice minifigs posing too.

I love builds with multiple levels, and I'm trying to push myself to do more of those. My two big mantras now are levels/size and color. The height difference is definitely helpful for the attackers vs defenders.

@KotZ It is a really nice effort. I watched a video the other day that said builds look a whole lot better when they aren't all at 90°. I know I struggle with that, but I think the rock formation and the path in this are very square. Maybe you could tweak things to make it look a bit more natural?

I like the ambush. The rockwork looks good. And this is one of the few builds in which the player (you) favors the side of the Lotii. Thats new too :grin:

4 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

@KotZ It is a really nice effort. I watched a video the other day that said builds look a whole lot better when they aren't all at 90°. I know I struggle with that, but I think the rock formation and the path in this are very square. Maybe you could tweak things to make it look a bit more natural?

Curves are my biggest problem with LEGO.I think maybe one of the round plates would help, but they're too smooth.

2 hours ago, Fraunces said:

I like the ambush. The rockwork looks good. And this is one of the few builds in which the player (you) favors the side of the Lotii. Thats new too :grin:

I'm a guy who digs the underdog :pir-laugh:. I also somewhat railroaded myself into the Lotii due to Gilbert and William going to see them (I was making a Cat C build but couldn't post it in time that helped explain more), so I had to continue their storyline. Hopefully they can reunite with Emile Perrault soon.

54 minutes ago, blackdeathgr said:

Pew pew builds are always nice! And many compliments for your patience in posing minifigs!

I wish Stud.io had easy minifigure manipulation/posing, It's my biggest issue with the program.

Nice fighting scene! The overall build is a little too square, but the close-ups and the good details in rockwork and bamboo mainly solve the problem. Very good entry for Oleon, even if it seems that your characters and mine are on different sides of the barricade! :pir_tong2: