Thanks for sharing your model.

How was your own building experience when building this? From where did you get a brown 1x2 with studs on sides? And how did you push it into the model without detouring outside of known space? Is this your own design? What kind of kite is it a model of? What is the scale?

On 5/28/2020 at 9:39 PM, Lasse D said:

Thanks for sharing your model.

How was your own building experience when building this? From where did you get a brown 1x2 with studs on sides? And how did you push it into the model without detouring outside of known space? Is this your own design? What kind of kite is it a model of? What is the scale?

HI Lasse, Thanks for your comment. When building the center part of the kite, it really need some detouring outside to fit the brown 1x2 with studs on sides in. I aware that this may not be a comfortable build, but so far this is the best way i can think of to build this traditional kite. I get mine from the latest Chinese New Year Temple Fair set (80105), which containted 4pcs of it. 

Yes, this moc is my own design. And i replicating it from the traditional kite in my country (Malaysia). In actual, this kite is rather big, range from 2m to 3m. So i would said this is a mirco scale of the actual kite's size. You may checkout the wiki link below for some description and background of this traditonal kite. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wau_bulan

Edited by wingyew29

Nice. I will have to look into that set. It seems to have a lot of great parts. Thanks for the link for more information. From the pictures it seems like this is a symbol that you use a lot for ornaments in Malaysia.

On 5/30/2020 at 12:09 AM, Lasse D said:

Nice. I will have to look into that set. It seems to have a lot of great parts. Thanks for the link for more information. From the pictures it seems like this is a symbol that you use a lot for ornaments in Malaysia.

Yes Lasse, indeed that set have a lot of great parts. I'm not sure is that set avaiable outside Asia.

yup, you're right. This kite is a very simbolic cultural element in our country, hence you may see a lot of ornaments, icon, design, which related to Malaysia culture will tend to have this type of kite in it. :)