Sign in to follow this  
Nachapon Lego

[MOC] *INSANE* LEGO Pinball Machine!! Please vote at Lego ideas website.

LEGO Pinball Machine designed by Nachapon
Please vote to make this become an official product

You can vote at the LEGO IDEAS website through this link :
http://bit.ly/legopin

The easy and hard mode can be switched on the fly :)

LEGO Pinball Machine  designed by  Nachapon
Please vote to make this become an official product
You can vote at the LEGO IDEAS website through this link :

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/ed743f05-0708-480b-bed2-5cf04bd393d8

Why is Lego the best toy in the world? Because Lego lets you build a new toy every day by yourself, and you can build it as good or even better than the real thing. 

Let me introduce my new toy built by Lego bricks.. The best Lego pinball Machine ever! 

Mecabrick.com 3D view model:
https://www.mecabricks.com/en/models/AbjpRrwQa5y#bJq1WD

This pinball machine has the most realistic and exciting gameplay that lets you feel like you are playing the real thing and will actually improve your real pinball skills. This is an evolutionary method that will change the way people build Lego pinball forever. Imagine that if this design became a real product. With all its innovative building techniques revealed and learned by Lego fans. Then everyone can build their own good Lego pinball machines. Not only we will see thousands of excellent Lego pinball machines with many Lego themes, but also we will see tons of famous real machines or video game tables recreated using Lego bricks. The mechanism can adapt to building other toys like GBC / marble run / baseball board-game / two player pinball machine etc. Would that be awesome don’t you think

*INSANE* LEGO Pinball Machine!! Please vote at Lego ideas website.*INSANE* LEGO Pinball Machine!! Please vote at Lego ideas website.

*INSANE* LEGO Pinball Machine!! Please vote at Lego ideas website.*INSANE* LEGO Pinball Machine!! Please vote at Lego ideas website.*INSANE* LEGO Pinball Machine!! Please vote at Lego ideas website.

*INSANE* LEGO Pinball Machine!! Please vote at Lego ideas website.?

There are tons of innovative building techniques in this machine.

1.  Realistic gameplay: The most realistic and exciting gameplay. This is the only Lego pinball machine that lets you actually improve real pinball skills. 

2. flippers mechanism: 

2.1 Reverse flippers: World first ever reverse direction flipper pair inspired by the infamous Haunted House pinball machine. It was located at the underground floor.

2.2 Realistic flippers: Most realistic flippers action and buttons respond mechanism. It is very powerful and efficient. It can drive all seven flippers easily. They can bat 14.3 mm diameter steel ball and push it to a very high speed and climb up a steep vertical rail by just tapping the flipper button. The whole mechanism is very durable and reliable, you can play it all day without any problem. It’s the only Lego pinball flipper mechanism that is so real to the point that it can let you perform all flipper skills and trick shots. For example: slingshot pass (post pass) / Live catch / Drop Catch / Dead Bounce / Double loop. You can also fine tune the button's tension and adjust the flipper return speed within seconds.

2.3 Many flippers: Cause more flippers = more fun, right? This pinball machine comes with 7 flippers!! each with different lengths (2-6 studs in length) and shapes. An “L-shaped flipper” which can be used to rest and shoot the ball horizontally across the table to unlock the multi-ball.

3. Playing field:

3.1 Reverse playing field: World first ever reverse playing field for an exciting death saving zone.

3.2 Wire ramps: Innovative building technique to make ball runs smoother on Lego wire ramps. Equipped with first ever complicate S shaped and crossing wire ramps.

3.3 Many floors: This pinball machine has 3 floors. All 3 floors used big transparent bricks. The upper and lower floors are fully transparent. So the ball is nowhere to hide. Plus, you can even put a smartphone or tablet to play videos under the machine for a virtual background.

3.4 Drop targets: The 8 drop targets look like a laser gate blocking the ramp to the upper floor which will drop down when being hit. You have to hit some of them to be able to climb the ramp.

3.5 Many varieties: Once the ball gets to the upper floor, there are 8 possible routes for the ball: waterslide / Two wire ramps/ two trap doors / to re-lock or by-pass the multi ball / fly over.

3.6 Multi-ball system: Brand new multi-ball system that can be auto release and auto re-lock, it releases the 2nd ball only by the “L-shaped flipper”.

3.7 Retractable ball stopper: Let you switch between easy and hard mode while playing.

4. Mortorize and robotic upgrade add-on: Some pinball features are difficult to recreate using only pure mechanic. For example auto score counter / drop target auto reset / sound and light / retractable ball stopper auto switching by condition etc. Then we can add Lego NXT or Lego Boost sensors and servo motors, and a smartphone or tablet being used as a score display. Then it will become a fully-interactive Lego pinball machine.

5. Appearance: As you can see this machine is beautiful, realistic and looks more like a toy than a Lego made. That is because of heavily using Lego SNOT (stud not on top) building technique so you almost can’t see any Lego stud. This make looks beautiful and sleek appearance. The studs direction of all three floors are facing to different direction to make the balls roll as smooth as possible.

I really appreciate all of your support.

Edited by bbqqq

The Pinball Studio present:
Space Cadet skin test run. This table was bundled with Microsoft Windows 95.
More skins work in progress :)

This is a skin and play field objects change-able mini pinball machine.
Its flipper mechanism is as good as the big one, also can perform all flipper trick shots.

Edited by bbqqq

I recreated the real Ghostbusters pinball machine. 
The main play field skin still work in progress not print out yet. I will put led light maybe.

Flickr album link with all 50+ photos of this Insane Lego pinball machine project:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmNJRq4S

*INSANE* LEGO Pinball Machine!! Please vote at Lego ideas website.

Edited by bbqqq

Hi!

webp

Imagine how fun it will be! If everyone can recreate any real table using Lego bricks (affordable for most people), and these Lego pinball Machines are equipped with the best flipper mechanism and the most realistic / exciting gameplay ever ! Let me introduce my Lego ideas project: Triple Decker Six Flippers Pinball 📌🔮. Please support this project to make this happen. it just takes 5-10 minutes to sign up then vote.

1. goto bit.ly/legopin (this project on Lego ideas website)

2. click LOG IN at upper-left

3. click Create account

4. choose your age

5. fill your e-mail

6. set a 10 characters password

7. fill your date of birth  mm dd yyyy

8. choose your country

9. tick the agree checkbox 

10. click Confirm to continue

11. check your e-mail to see the 6 digits Activation code

12. fill the digits Activation code 

13. tick the lowest checkbox and click button 

14. after login go to this project page at bit.ly/legopin

15. click yellow SUPPORT button then it will become black SUPPORTED

Why is Lego the best toy in the world? Because with Lego bricks, we can build cool new toys every day by ourselves, and we can build it as good or even better than the real thing!

Let me introduce my new toy built with Lego bricks... The Lego pinball Machine with the best flipper mechanism and the most realistic / exciting gameplay ever !

Turntable rotates smoothly using Lego worm gear and Power function motor.
webp

Most realistic flippers action and buttons respond mechanism. It is very powerful and efficient.
webp

Double short "S" wire ramp (one step) shot.
webp

Looping and long "S" wire ramp (two steps) shot.
webp

Blender 3D model file export to Visual pinball video game table creator for simulation purpose.

LDD Lego digital designer file export to Mecabricks 3D model for rendering purpose.

This pinball machine has the most realistic and exciting gameplay that lets you feel like you are playing the real thing and will actually improve your real pinball skills. This is an evolutionary method that will change the way people build Lego pinball machines forever.
My goal is not just to build another good Lego pinball machine, but a complete Lego pinball system that can recreate any real pinball machine. So, I challenged the most difficult "Haunted House" table's reverse play field style. In the thought of if I succeed in making this one, then I can recreate any table. Which took me years of trial and error to make it work.

Imagine that if this design became a real product. With this pinball system revealed and learned by Lego fans. Then everyone can build their own good Lego pinball machines. Not only we will see thousands of excellent Lego pinball machines with many themes, but also tons of famous real pinball machines and pinball video game tables recreated by Lego fans worldwide.

Theme modification examples:
Star Wars: Data East Pinball Machine (Data East 1992)
Ghostbusters Slimer! Pinball skin MOD
webp

The mechanism can adapt to building other toys like GBC / marble run / baseball board-game / two player pinball machine etc. Would that be awesome don’t you think?

There are tons of innovative building techniques in this machine.

( 1 ) Realistic gameplay: The most realistic and exciting gameplay. This is the only Lego pinball machine that lets you actually improve real pinball skills.

Realistic slingshot rubber triple bounces
webp

( 2 ) flippers mechanism:

2.1 Reverse flippers: World first ever reverse direction flipper pair inspired by the infamous Haunted House pinball machine. It was located on the underground floor.

2.2 Realistic flippers: Most realistic flippers action and buttons respond mechanism. It is very powerful and efficient. It can drive all seven flippers easily. They can bat a big and heavy steel ball (almost 2 studs diameter) and push it to a very high speed and climb up a steep vertical rail just by tapping the flipper button. The whole mechanism is very durable and reliable, you can play it all day without any problem. It’s the only Lego pinball flipper mechanism that is so real to the point that it can let you perform all flipper skills and trick shots. For example: Slingshot pass (post pass) / Live catch / Drop Catch / Dead Bounce / Double loop. You can also fine tune the button's tension and adjust the flipper return speed within seconds.

Pinball Flipper Skills - Post Pass (Slingshot Pass):
A player can transfer the ball between flippers by shooting it off of the bottom of the slingshot post. 

webp

2.3 Many flippers: Cause more flippers = more control = more fun, right? This pinball machine comes with 6 flippers!! (max 8 flippers) each with different lengths (2-6 studs in length) and shapes. An “L-shaped flipper” which can be used to rest and shoot the ball horizontally across the table to unlock the multi-ball.

( 3 ) Playing field

3.1 Reverse playing field: World first ever reverse playing field for an exciting death saving zone.

Lower deck reverse playfield ball saving close-up shot
webp

3.2 Wire ramps: Innovative building technique to make ball runs smoother on Lego wire ramps. Equipped with first ever complicated S shaped and crossing wire ramps. This design can be applied to Lego GBC, marble run and rollercoaster.

Double wire ramps shot!
webp

3.3 Many floors: This pinball machine has 3 floors. All 3 floors used big transparent bricks. The upper and lower floors are fully transparent. So you can always see the ball clearly. Plus, you can even put a smartphone or tablet to play videos under the machine for a virtual background.

Powerful pinball plunger (launcher / shooter) and ball-return wire ramp.
webp

3.4 Drop targets: The 8 drop targets look like a laser gate blocking the ramp to the upper floor which will drop down after being hit. You have to hit some of them to be able to climb the ramp.

3.6 Multi-ball system: Brand new multi-ball system that can be auto release and auto re-lock, it releases the 2nd ball only by the “L-shaped flipper”.

3.7 Retractable ball stopper: Let you switch between easy and hard while playing. But you also make it automatic by using NXT or Boost bricks.

Preview ⬇️ (mute)
webp

Full video ⬇️

( 4 ) Motorized and robotic upgrade add-ons: Some pinball features are difficult to recreate using only pure mechanics. For example auto score counter / auto reset drop target / sound and lighting / retractable ball stopper etc. Then we can add Lego NXT or Lego Boost sensors and servo motors, and a smartphone or tablet being used as a score display. Then it will become a fully-interactive Lego pinball machine.

( 5 ) Appearance: As you can see this machine is beautiful, realistic and looks more like a toy than a Lego made thing. That is because of using SNOT (stud not on top) building technique, so you almost can’t see a Lego stud which makes a sleek appearance. The studs direction of all three floors are facing in different directions to make the ball rolls as smooth as possible.

3D Stereoscopic Renders!! (for VR Box/headset, 3D Tv + glasses or Naked Eye)
Please view these 3D stereoscopic images in horizontal full screen using VR box or 3D TV with 3D glasses or simply view on a smartphone using naked eye 3d parallel method.
webp

Thanks very much for your kind support or share this Triple Decker Six Flipper Pinball 📌🔮link👉 bit.ly/legoideaspinball

Please also support Double Looping Rollercoaster ! 🎢link👉 bit.ly/legoloop

webp

Best flipper mechanism and the most realistic / exciting gameplay ever!
Lego Boost® Automatic Scoring
Pinball Flipper Skills - Live catch & Post Pass
webp

wire ramp

webp

Theme examples
Pirate Pinball
Ghostbusters Pinball
webp

Reverse flippers
6-8 flippers

Reverse playfield ball saving
webp

3 floors
Drop targets
Multiball
Retractable ball stopper

Motorized and robotic

webpwebpwebpwebpwebpwebpwebpwebpwebpwebpwebpwebpwebpwebpwebpwebpwebpwebpwebpwebpwebpwebpwebpwebpwebp

Edited by bbqqq

I hope this gets 10K, I would totally get this if it was a set. I always wanted a LEGO pinball machine and I always imagined it using the flexible rigid tubes for the rails. This looks incredible. I can see it passing if it gets up to 10K for sure.

On 8/14/2021 at 3:03 AM, NickLafreniere said:

I hope this gets 10K, I would totally get this if it was a set. I always wanted a LEGO pinball machine and I always imagined it using the flexible rigid tubes for the rails. This looks incredible. I can see it passing if it gets up to 10K for sure.

Thank you very much! Please help share this project to make it happen.