As you know, I am a lover of small scale supercar, and this time, I decided to tackle one of the most beautiful supercars, the new Ford GT, and here is what I have:

QpS-Gc5Zn9vsqNCyGAvp2Y2ifHKwc7Nmi6ym855M

ACtC-3ceMdwqjaNbVb_gcMgaeBWCIblyES2hr72N

ACtC-3dox9Euo8ncF7xcLJgnGH3kqR2DU2agey44

ACtC-3fa_4BSfV95AqC0HDtcfZdHN_lYCBeEEugW

ACtC-3duaIyZ79oqPQvVBrFKidyL9FdoEQLzDE1J

ACtC-3f3aoHczra59FrlbaVEMbeqVxgjJkaP47jd

ACtC-3dK3LDzAsTIQRxPb8YKTpgcKX5mJDAJmXk9

ACtC-3dDSsfWlE_2iUC1xd0k6cqKeCALPpo08smK

ACtC-3ckyVBg5ihHCiF0o4Zg2mjJhNK-0dGV5P4A

ACtC-3dwUHyCDcwPwPZBeJ6QhZQ2E5u39l0zqGEL

ACtC-3fgWLhwd2qQViW5XmrJLpARNFJbbcDoUH_4

The scale is 1:12, and the width is 20 stud to respect the size of the original, and features include:

1. Independent suspension on all wheel.
  2. Butterfly doors
  3. 2 x L motor for driving
  4. 1 x Servo motor for steering
  5. Working front/rear lights
  6. Openable front/rear hoods
  7. Extractable spoiler.

In this build, all parts are official LEGO parts, all connection are legal, and no soft axle is used. (I don't like using them.) I am very glad to get rid of those part #44 for the windshield this time.

I'd like to collect opinion from you: does it look like Ford GT to you? If not, which part should be changed the most?

Thanks

Edited by mihao

36 minutes ago, Pauls Technic said:

That looks very cool, a great level of detail.

Thanks Paul!

Okay, so I'm gonna be honest:

It would have taken some imagination to recognize this as a Ford GT. I think that's because the most radical design element of the real car isn't visible that well on this model: The massive holes between the body and the rear wheel arches. But I know stuff like this is very hard to do, especially in such a small scale, where space is an issue to begin with.

Also the first thing I noticed looking at the model was that the headlights look "blind" if you know what I mean. I know you need space for the LED, but like this there is only black inside the headlights. Could the LED moved back 1 more stud, and then you could put maybe a transparent 1x1 round brick in front of the LED mount?

Other than that it looks pretty good imo.

Edited by Gray Gear

1 hour ago, Gray Gear said:

Okay, so I'm gonna be honest:

It would have taken some imagination to recognize this as a Ford GT. I think that's because the most radical design element of the real car isn't visible that well on this model: The massive holes between the body and the rear wheel arches. But I know stuff like this is very hard to do, especially in such a small scale, where space is an issue to begin with.

Also the first thing I noticed looking at the model was that the headlights look "blind" if you know what I mean. I know you need space for the LED, but like this there is only black inside the headlights. Could the LED moved back 1 more stud, and then you could put maybe a transparent 1x1 round brick in front of the LED mount?

Other than that it looks pretty good imo.

Thank you so much for the comment! I like it!

I did try to create such hole, but the size of LEGO technic pieces are too big for this. So I have to sacrifice this signature feature. (sign). The blind headlight is great point, and here is how it looks after adding a trans round brick there. I also added a half beam under it, so the "eye" won't look popping out too much. BTW, I can't move the LED back 1 stud, because the wheel will hit the LED when it turns.

ACtC-3ehNUz4tS0AEoEI7jPZUoIKfASsBt0h2sVr

Edited by mihao

55 minutes ago, astyanax said:

@mihao Let me guess, this is your favorite part:

250x250p.jpg

:wink:

Why that? I didn't use that part too much. But honestly, to build a small scale car, that part is very useful.

15 hours ago, mihao said:

Why that? I didn't use that part too much. But honestly, to build a small scale car, that part is very useful.

I'm just poking fun of course! :wink:

Still, when I wanted to build your Aventador, it's this part that I had to buy a lot of extra... never seen it used so much before. But I have to agree with you, it's very useful indeed. Your builds have been very educational for me! :grin_wub:

On 6/6/2020 at 2:24 AM, astyanax said:

I'm just poking fun of course! :wink:

Still, when I wanted to build your Aventador, it's this part that I had to buy a lot of extra... never seen it used so much before. But I have to agree with you, it's very useful indeed. Your builds have been very educational for me! :grin_wub:

I am glad to help, bro! Thanks for being interested. :thumbup: