Disabella

[LDD] Greek Sacoleve

Oh my goodness, Disabella, this is gorgeous! :wub_drool:

You did a fantastic job replicating the very difficult angles and capturing the beauty of the sacoleve! As my memory goes, I don't think anyone on eurobricks has yet to post any sacoleve ships, so I'm greatly looking forward to seeing this built. The bow is my favorite aspect of your build!

Truly amazing. I'm going to go look again! :laugh:

Great work

Good to see a trading ship, and a researched one at that.:pir-love: Did you find the plan at the Paris Marine Museum?

The eastern influence on this Greek ship is evident and wonderfully captured in your version.

She looks like she is ready to outrun pirates in the Aegean anytime. :pir-huzzah2:

Even though I suspect that you have come up with the design technique yourself, it reminds me of the work from cb4.

On your question regarding bricklink:

Sometimes there is just a lack of certain bricks and you have to gather them from a bunch of shops.

I always expect a call from my bank when I have placed all the orders for a project.:ugh:

Keep it up!

@Disabella I agree with Anders. It's tricky to get a balance of the perfect cost on bricklink for what you're looking for. For me, it's mainly difficult because I love all the rare colors and pieces like chrome. :wall:

The way I think of it is that you should be happy with the way your build turns out and not take shortcuts in order to get exactly what you're looking for, even if it takes extra time and...extra money. I'd rather have one build that I was able to achieve exactly what I was looking for rather than two that I had to take shortcuts on. However, I do think that if you come across an expensive piece that's not exactly prevalent and important in your build (such as an expensive reddish-brown slope, that can be easily replaced) then you should take just a few seconds to adjust in in stud.io beforehand.

At least you're not in the USA right now! With the virus, the American market took a huge hit to costs. My recent order came to 42 carts! :ugh:

Lastly, I'll add that before you place your order, you should probably design a stand for the ship as it looks like the bottom is only 1 stud wide so it will need more support to stay up. Once again, this is truly a gorgeous ship and I'm very eager to see it in bricks and rigged! :grin:

@Anders T Thank you for positive feedback and for answering my question! Actually I found this plan on russian ship modelists forum where I collect really huge amount of information about technical aspects.

@The Neighborhood Merchant Thank you. I'm satisfied with cost and the only question was only about shops quantity. I have actually built a stand but wanted to render ship without it.

Wow! This is very good!

It seems to me that you have a talent for designing!

By the way, I found some more photos of this Sacoleve ship. Which, to be honest, never heard of it before.

_7222113
Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

Hey, look at that! Nice! I love seeing the less common rigs explored and it's great to see a non-combat vessel once in a while. I mean, with out merchant's what are the pirates supposed to prey upon? It's a bit angular, but I honestly feel that it's being exaggerated by the digital render and will smooth out to the eye in person. Full hull is always a challenge. I'm with @Anders T, it is reminiscent of @cb4 and plans, OMG plans! Just having reference material, let alone actual plans, is such an under appreciated virtue. Keep us up to date and thanks for sharing!

Brick Link 101:

bricklink isn't a single unified body. It's an aggregate of independent sellers, offering their own inventory from their own facilities, mostly just "guys in their basement". Buy from as many or as few stores as you need, they all will be grateful for your business. Read, read, read, though. Always check the store's policies. Best way to get what you need it to use wanted lists extensively and set all your preferences carefully. Be careful of international orders. You can find bricks cheap in the US, but shipping and customs can be a killer. Remember, most bricklink stores are small, home-based operations. Be patient and communicate, to get the best service. 

Dave

Great project !

I'd love to see it built in real bricks ! :pir-huzzah2:

I took the liberty to change a bit your post to be able to make the pictures correctly appear.

When using the share button in FlickR you should just copy/paste the BBCode line in your post at the right size. Try to keep image size close to 800x600; eventually 1200 but no more; thanks !

Nice work Disabella. I saw this on your Flickr, nice digital build! I especially like how the rudder is integrated into the keel. Not many have achieved this that I've seen.

Not sure if you're using LDD or Studio or something else, but I really recommend downloading Studio from Bricklink if you haven't. You can open your LDD models in it and upload directly to a Bricklink wanted list. Also, if you link your Bricklink, you can check the average prices of your pieces as you build to avoid especially costly pieces before they become integral to your design.

Can't wait to see the final model.

Edited by rock raider

@FaladrinThank you! Regarding to pics size I wanna say I'm sorry. I've read the recomendations and know that it's better to use 800x600 size and thought I was uploading this size here, but... Again, I'm sorry.

@rock raiderThank you! I have Studio and I did upload model and I do usually check prices. Anyway, thanks for advice.