Sure, it costs more than a house, but the metal-melting aria from that incredibly operatic engine is priceless. The F12 is everything you could want from an Italian supercar. Power comes from a 730-hp 6.3-liter V-12, mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic with rear-wheel drive. Even with all that power, the F12 is one of Ferrari’s more comfortable cars, making it a true daily-driver.

Instructions on Rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-41271/Loxlego/ferrari-f12/#comments

49842997481_4f0d5ea372_b.jpgFerrari F12 white version - check it @loxlego by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

This car was a special commission build for @lego_tactics - he is very particular about the replication of his favorite supercar, and I knew designing it for him had to be of the highest quality. He brought a few new designs to this car, notably the paddle shifters with skates, and the curved dash. Creating the flow around the front of the hood was the most challenging part of the design, and placing all those curved panels on an angle was the most satisfying part of the build.

49826012512_05f4de5e1b_b.jpgMaking dreams reality ? Check it @loxlego by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

This supercar is loaded with 2 Buwizz batteries and 2 Buggy motors. This F12 has rear wheel drive, torsion bar suspension, new style suspension, openable hood, trunk, doors, front and rear lights, adjustable seats, working steering wheel, GT version or classic with a huge V12.

49849779581_6204954838_b.jpgFerrari F12 black edition- all courtesy @lego_tactics by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Motor options:
2 Buwizz and 2 buggy motors
1 or 2 buwizz and 2 XL motors
Manual version (HOG) - remove all electronics from the part list 
49843296667_dc011a1f23_b.jpgFerrari F12 white version - check it @loxlego by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

49842489108_e3a0a049f5_b.jpgFerrari F12 red version by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

49849779171_73fee8e1ac_b.jpgFerrari F12 black edition- all courtesy @lego_tactics by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

49849245638_b62f997470_b.jpgFerrari F12 black edition- all courtesy @lego_tactics by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

49900199063_23f4cc3040_b.jpgFerrari F12 red seats ? by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

49908545631_85bbf99329_b.jpgMiami nights - Ferrari F12 - photo by @lego_tactics - check it @loxlego by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

49914718832_d73047be7e_b.jpgFerrari F12 - daily driven exotic - check out the action @loxlego @dailydrivenexotics @lego_tactics by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

49914419511_1285bb2bb8_b.jpgFerrari F12 - daily driven exotic - check out the action @loxlego @dailydrivenexotics @lego_tactics by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

49929397798_f09848812c_b.jpgFerrari f12 white room shots @loxlego by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

Damn dude you've waited a long time to finally post your MOC to Eurobricks haven't you lol. I've been subbed to you on insta for a few weeks now pretty sure

Ah yes, there it is...:excited:

I'd already seen this on RB, and boy... it is a beautiful model!! You really nailed the shapes all around, and it's just as beautiful in all colors shown.

Looks fantastic, I'd buy this over the 42115 any day.

Why the steering arms are angled so much? Are they 9L links paired with 6,5L A-arms? If so, it is not very good idea.

Great looking MOC! I’ll be building the red with black top version. The mini-figure ice skates as paddle shifters is awesome. Really like the flex axles for the rear end shaping too. Another job well done ?? 

Thank you for sharing this awesome build here on the forum! 

The MOC is instantly regonisable and makes clever use of some parts throughout the build like the flex axle in the rear end and and the sword in the center column. You have achieved an insane speed for a 1:8 scale car without sacrificing the car's aestetics.:thumbup: Hope you don't mind me criticising the side profile which looks like it misses many of of the real car's curves, maily the area around the doors and above the rear wheels with the stacked 3x13 panels. I am not sure but it looks like there is something wrong(?) with the area above the front grille. You have used the fence parts for the grille which are about 2.5 studs high and according to the blueprints it should be 3 studs in hight. It could also be that the area above the front grille should be sharper since below the hood two more studs of bodywork drop down vertically. It's a pretty sharp edge on the real thing. Or maybe it's a combination of both, but to be honest this is quite nitpicking and it shows the difficulty to replicate something with lego technic.

m1fy7h2b5eit_480.jpg

Looking at your most recent creations, I do wonder if achieving high speeds is your main objective in your future mocs. To me it seems like you could put so much more than 2 buggy motors and 2 buwizz' in the chassis of a 1:8 scale car like an adjustable suspension setup or sequential gearboxes. Huge challenges of course, but that's what makes it so much fun.:wink: Keep up the great work, I am looking forward to the next one!

Definitely will be the MOC of the year by miles ?. Thanks for taking this on and crazy how many love this car and the wonderful reactions it has brought to the Lego supercar community. This will be one hell of a build to beat but No doubt you’ll be able to out beat yourself ??. Til the next collab ??? 

Edited by lego_tactics

Another fabulous creation! I'm in awe ... Also the speed is incredible. Wow! I had seen your car already on the Lego Car blog, but glad to see you sharing it here + of course announcing the availability of instructions on Rebrickable. I see that I have 95,7% of the parts, so no excuse! Glad to see that it is possible to build a manual version without motoring.

Pictures are cool for sure, perhaps you could also share more details about the MOC and its features, challenges, etc?

3 hours ago, Nebulaire said:

Did DDE ask you to built it ?

No, I reached out to Damon for permission to allow me to build that specific car.

You're reaching some crazy levels for shapes possible with Technic panels.  A great looking replica, nice job.  Do you always build 2 or 3 at a time?

On 5/24/2020 at 2:02 PM, T Lego said:

Thank you for sharing this awesome build here on the forum! 

The MOC is instantly regonisable and makes clever use of some parts throughout the build like the flex axle in the rear end and and the sword in the center column. You have achieved an insane speed for a 1:8 scale car without sacrificing the car's aestetics.:thumbup: Hope you don't mind me criticising the side profile which looks like it misses many of of the real car's curves, maily the area around the doors and above the rear wheels with the stacked 3x13 panels. I am not sure but it looks like there is something wrong(?) with the area above the front grille. You have used the fence parts for the grille which are about 2.5 studs high and according to the blueprints it should be 3 studs in hight. It could also be that the area above the front grille should be sharper since below the hood two more studs of bodywork drop down vertically. It's a pretty sharp edge on the real thing. Or maybe it's a combination of both, but to be honest this is quite nitpicking and it shows the difficulty to replicate something with lego technic.

m1fy7h2b5eit_480.jpg

Looking at your most recent creations, I do wonder if achieving high speeds is your main objective in your future mocs. To me it seems like you could put so much more than 2 buggy motors and 2 buwizz' in the chassis of a 1:8 scale car like an adjustable suspension setup or sequential gearboxes. Huge challenges of course, but that's what makes it so much fun.:wink: Keep up the great work, I am looking forward to the next one!

Thanks for the feedback TLego! Yes I can see what you mean about the front grill, it is a very prominent sharp edge where mine is sloping lower. Alas many angles meet at that same place and a small compromise had to be made. In regards to functions I’ve always attempted to build bodywork appearance over everything first, then functions second. I love filming moving MOCs so I’ve chosen RC over gearboxes as they interest me most. 

On 5/24/2020 at 3:08 PM, lego_tactics said:

Definitely will be the MOC of the year by miles ?. Thanks for taking this on and crazy how many love this car and the wonderful reactions it has brought to the Lego supercar community. This will be one hell of a build to beat but No doubt you’ll be able to out beat yourself ??. Til the next collab ??? 

Thanks Peter, it’s been incredible working for you on designing this iconic supercar. 

On 5/24/2020 at 5:36 PM, WvG_853 said:

Another fabulous creation! I'm in awe ... Also the speed is incredible. Wow! I had seen your car already on the Lego Car blog, but glad to see you sharing it here + of course announcing the availability of instructions on Rebrickable. I see that I have 95,7% of the parts, so no excuse! Glad to see that it is possible to build a manual version without motoring.

Cheers ?! Some prefer a shelf model so it makes sense providing a manual option. 

On 5/25/2020 at 3:38 AM, Nebulaire said:

Did DDE ask you to built it ?

No, but peter did have it in mind to make the DDE version from the beginning ?

On 5/25/2020 at 4:02 AM, zux said:

Pictures are cool for sure, perhaps you could also share more details about the MOC and its features, challenges, etc?

The greatest challenge was the hood. It had these complex lines to follow and I had only 2 studs above the suspension to work around. Building new suspension design again was the second most complex part of the design, fitting the massive V12 between the front shocks was an important part of the design - to mimic the real location of where the engine would sit. 

On 5/25/2020 at 7:35 PM, BusterHaus said:

You're reaching some crazy levels for shapes possible with Technic panels.  A great looking replica, nice job.  Do you always build 2 or 3 at a time?

Thanks busterhaus, and no I generally design just 1 car at a time. I have one more Easter egg coming in the mail right now, so stay tuned as I’ve got one last insane mod coming soon!

Beautiful, just beautiful.  Love each color variation, but honestly can't take my eyes off the black and yellow.  I see that you use a ton of chromed pieces.  Can I ask who you use to chrome all your pieces?

This is amazing! The interior is extremely detailed. I love the rear the most, the shaping there is incredible.

Edited by noahtheb
The front kind of reminds me of a futuristic 370z.

3 hours ago, noahtheb said:

This is amazing!

Try to not bump old topics, unless there is something important to add to the conversation, please.

Hi there, I'm Alex from Liechtenstein

I'm building the Ferrari Berlinetta now and I like this supercar very much.

But I have problems with the motorisation, I hope to find help here.

I got 2 monster Motors with the set and it seems that the parts which transmit the power to the wheels are to weak.

When I push the button on the remote control the car moves one or two meters and the there is a loud clatter an it stops.

Has someone the same problems and how can I make the care drive properly??

I really would appreciate some help.

kind regards

Alex