Samarth

[MOC] King Kahuka's Cargo Cult

30 years after the disappearance of the Black Seas Barracuda, the pirates aboard this fabled vessel were rediscovered, stranded and shipwrecked at an atoll in the distant sea. But what became of these pirates' equally notorious rivals, King Kahuka and his islanders? 

Somewhere in the Bermuda Triangle, forgotten by civilization, the King and his tribesmen founded a new religion, following a cataclysmic event. This newly established Cargo Cult saw the King discard the totems of his old gods, and he now commanded his followers to embrace a new faith. After many laborious months, this Shrine was constructed, overlooking a once natural ravine. This holy place has now acquired deep religious significance for Kahuka and his tribe...

The remains of the pilot and the unceremoniously discarded old totem wait for the ocean to reclaim them...

The King poses proudly with his newly constructed totem...

As always, PRAISE THE CARGO... but only if its MISB.

-------------------

The idea for this MOC came from wanting to use the parts from the supposedly rare Emirates airplane promotional set in a MOC. I am fond of how it thematically mirrors the Pirates of Barracuda Bay; while that set is pirates, this one is Islanders, and that set represents a wrecked ship while this MOC involves a wrecked plane. Hope you all like it and please comment if you do! 

13 minutes ago, Samarth said:

But what became of these pirates' equally notorious rivals, King Kahuka and his islanders? 

I always wondered what happened to the survivors of "Lost" - this MOC will save me having to watch the last 4 seasons. :pir-laugh:

Hahaha ! :pir-laugh::kahuka:

Lovely idea to rebuild this Islander classic with such a twist ! I had a good laugh!

Nice job !

On 5/24/2020 at 5:46 PM, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

So THAT'S where all the old cafe MISB modulars went! I love the treasure chests as stairs, ha! Nice rockwork and a great story to read as well. Wonderful build, Samarth! :pir-laugh:

Thank you for your kind words. This was my first time doing rockwork and it was a lot harder than I anticipated... I had the other section (with the totem) ready almost two weeks ago! 

20 hours ago, Faladrin said:

Hahaha ! :pir-laugh::kahuka:

Lovely idea to rebuild this Islander classic with such a twist ! I had a good laugh!

Nice job !

Thanks!

Also, for anyone new to this, this is what a real Cargo Cult is: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult

I'm posting this as someone on Facebook mentioned that not everyone may know what that is.