Reepke

MOC Cyberpunk/SW Room

Hi all, this is my first post here to the board so please be gentle.

I was told this was a great place to post my build to the site so here it goes:

V20Nfo6.jpg

The idea was to make a different kind of MOC for a change with focus on lightning and the mood of the setting. I wanted to create a room that could be the home of a rebel or bounty hunter.

I got heavily inspired by the piece of concept art from Olga Orlova:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/vn4DA

With the ideas in my head I usually make a small sketch in Google Sketchup just to play around with shapes and sizes, its easier to build with a least an idea of the proportions.

xZlGvca.jpg

As you can see it ended up way higher and different, but that's just the creative process as you build things.
Really happy with the result, its almost what I had imagined before I started.

It took about 4 weeks to build, last days were mostly experimenting with photography which I'm not very good at.

As you might notice there is a background behind the window, that's actually an iPad with a wallpaper.
I had to correct the perspective of the image in Photoshop keeping in mind how the iPad was placed in the MOC, its not perfect but still better then without correction.

gW0jReR.jpg

I have a decent camera and some extra lightning panels that helped to expose some details and edges in this very dark setting.

The close up shots were taken using a Macro lens I borrowed from a local store. It gives very crisp images but the zoom factor was tot high to use it for the complete shots.

9RVy7kg.jpg

s32elu5.jpg

VlZImZO.jpg

2QAwQEp.jpg

aFLvVzv.jpg

B3C8hLf.jpg

8PnxClm.jpg

I hope you like it as much as I do, any feedback is always welcome!

You can find more stuff on my Flickr page:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/reepke/

This is ... magnificent! The built alone is great and super detailed but the lighting really bring this to another level !!

Love the helmet collection, the sleeping nooks, the terrarium, everything really.

The floor- and stair-lights are superb.

Do you use any specific kind of lighting system?

Wow that's magnificent! The Fallen Order-esque terrarium is absolutely gorgeous.

Makes me think of Level 1313 of Courscant from the Clone Wars or Nar Shadaa from Dark Forces 2 and The Old Republic!

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

The sleeping corner is actually really cool but hard to see with limited lighting in this angle.

The lighting is a cheap system I bought a few years ago from Ali Express, MTELE is the 'brand' if I'm not mistaken.

Definitely some 1313 vibes here! It might have been a better idea to use an underground background instead.

But the vibrant city colors do give a nice reflection.

Whoah! This if fantastic! The lightning really adds up for it!

- Samppu

The scene is beautiful and the mood lighting is exceptional.

We don't see a lot of interior scenes like this, and this rebel or bounty hunter looks very well connected or successful to have such an awesome lair of fun gadgets. Helmets as trophies/bounties? 

The doorway next to the astromech is a fantastic use of curved bits and handles!!

Small update, some people asked for a picture with normal light so here it goes:

sRb7NWH.jpg

So glad you decided to post this MOC here! As I mentioned on Flickr everything here is fantastic! Now that you're on Eurobricks I'd like to invite you to join our Star Wars Factions game. It's a community of Star Wars builders who like to tell stories in the SW universe together. There are some game elements if that interests you, but you don't have to be good at strategy to join. I run the CorSec faction and I'd love to have you on my team. But you can join any Faction that catches your eye. We also have a Discord channel if you'd like to join us there.

This moc looks fantastic! The lighting elevates an already incredible MOC and creating that view using a tablet is very clever. I might just be in love with this build.

Absolutely stellar job!  I love the amount of detail you packed in, it's beautiful.  The bunk beds look like they're right out of a CEC freighter, the fresher shower with the duckie and brush are great (and the shower doors are great!), the canisters and boxes, the lights under the stairs, the door, the floor panels, the kitchen...  I could go on and on and on.  I absolutely love it.  No criticisms whatsoever.

You did a great job with the windows, the iPad wallpaper works super well and fits with the low lighting of the first few pics!  I don't know if I've seen that before, usually it's printed paper or added afterwards in photoshop.  I'm not as good of a builder as Ross Fisher or MKJoshA, but you should join Factions so I can creep on more of your awesome builds in the future!

That, my friend, is some fantastic lighting!  Stunning build and presentation, and your work planning out the layout really paid off :wub:  Congrats on the well-deserved front page; you even pulled me into this forum to check it out (don't know that I've ever been in Star Wars before :laugh: :grin:)!

Hey, you did a really nice job with this.

I love the overall feel - there's a lot going on, visually, and it really fits together well.

The lighting is great, and I like the iPad background, too - I can see how this would work well in an underground scene, but the cyberpunk/big sci-fi city feel works really well, too.

The little details are great - I kept going back and looking for little things (like the rubber duck - that was fun!).