Sign in to follow this  
Corweena

[SR - FB] Class 2 Sloop Nymeria

The Black Wolf Company has chartered its first trading vessel, the Nymeria. Originally the Drunken Wench, one of Redbeard's "Renegade" class rum-runners, she was recently won in a wager from her (very drunk) captain. She has was stripped of most of her armament, lightened, and refitted for transport. She is Captained by Tobias Barlowe, an ex-Corrie naval officer, and former classmate of Ragnarrson in their youth. 

The Nymeria is a small, single masted sloop. She relies on her speed and agility to outrun any vessel who gives chase. To make way for more cargo, Barlowe stripped all of her heavy guns out, leaving just a few rail mounted muskets as a last defense. She is crewed by Barlow, his wife, and two able seamen. 

49927502566_075eb5c951_c.jpg

49927802972_2b8fc31c7b_c.jpg

49927502796_35fe3a867e_c.jpg

49927128173_b759dc8543.jpg

Edited by Corweena

Looking good, I like ships built with these narrow hulls, and nice job with the sails and rigging.

51 minutes ago, Bodi said:

Looking good, I like ships built with these narrow hulls, and nice job with the sails and rigging.

Thank you! I didn't even plan on this, as I have a larger ship I am beginning to work on, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to practice making sails (definitely a learning experience). Plus, since I'm starting out, I need all the DBs I can get! Tore down a Renegade Runner, and whipped this up. I really wish the narrow hull center sections weren't so hard to come by.....I have an idea of something to build if I could get my hands on 2 of those....

She looks really good! Old school type pirate vessels will always have a special place in  my heart :pir-love:

Unvonventional rigging but it smells old school LEGO pirates so I naturally love it :pir-classic:

Edited by blackdeathgr

3 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Unvonventional rigging but it smells old school LEGO pirates so I naturally love it :pir-classic:

On 5/24/2020 at 3:05 AM, Fraunces said:

She looks really good! Old school type pirate vessels will always have a special place in  my heart :pir-love:

I always wanted the ships as a kid (I could only ever afford to buy the Cross Bone Clipper). Despite not being the most realistic, I absolutely love their classic styling. And since most of my brick collection is from the 90s and early 00s, I enjoy building in those styles still. 

Don't fret mate I have a whole box of nothing but ship hulls like these lol.  The ship works ... Might I suggest swapping the hull sections ... The black/grey can be swapped with the grey/brown to net you a black/brown and a grey/grey hull!

Forgive me I'm not finding the link to this currently

Nice sloop Corweena! The custom sails really stand out, but also minifig choice is very nice. Your ship has a nice classic feel and a lot of details... it will be a real pity sending it to Davy Jones' Locker! Pun apart, as soon as a Sea Rat remains peaceful towards Oleon, he can consider himself safe from La Royale, the Oleander Navy!

19 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Don't fret mate I have a whole box of nothing but ship hulls like these lol.  The ship works ... Might I suggest swapping the hull sections ... The black/grey can be swapped with the grey/brown to net you a black/brown and a grey/grey hull!

Forgive me I'm not finding the link to this currently

I know of which thread you speak of. I'd do it, but I only have the brown/gray hulls, and a black/green. But I don't plan on using them too frequently lol. 

14 hours ago, Keymonus said:

Nice sloop Corweena! The custom sails really stand out, but also minifig choice is very nice. Your ship has a nice classic feel and a lot of details... it will be a real pity sending it to Davy Jones' Locker! Pun apart, as soon as a Sea Rat remains peaceful towards Oleon, he can consider himself safe from La Royale, the Oleander Navy!

No aggression towards Oleon....yet :pir-grin:. I don't think the Nymeria would survive any encounter....she is build for speed and transport only lol. 

Edited by Corweena