Scarlet_Patronus

[MOC] Honeydukes Sweetshop from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter

“There were shelves upon shelves of the most succulent-looking sweets imaginable.”

This MOC is of Honeydukes sweetshop from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! Located in the non-Muggle village of Hogsmeade, this sweetshop keeps students from third-year above stocked with the most delicious and magical treats a witch or wizard could find!

49926182863_8f9330789c.jpgHoneydukes by Scarlet Patronus, on Flickr

The model is based off the recreation of Honeydukes sweetshop in Universal Studios Islands of Adventure, with inspiration drawn from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban book and film. Snow covers the roof of the build to replicate the snowy village of Hogsmeade as it is first shown in the films. The iconic green bay windows on the shop exterior have been captured by attaching handlebar pieces to modified bricks. A printed “Honeydukes” 1 x 4 brick in bright pink is used to recreate the wooden signing on the front of the shop.

49926184038_29bc96e3c8.jpgHoneydukes 2 by Scarlet Patronus, on Flickr

Inside the sweetshop, the recognisable white and black checkerboard floor is a key feature, created by individual 1 x 1 alternating tiles. The green shelves are adorned with the finest confectionaries seen throughout the Harry Potter series – Chocolate Frogs, boxes of Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans, pumpkin juice and cauldron cakes, to name but a few. Window displays are made of sweets that can be purchased in the shop; cotton candy, lollipops and cookies amongst others.

49926183633_61b66e8781.jpgHoneydukes 3 by Scarlet Patronus, on Flickr

On the upper floor, a large chocolate fountain takes pride of place. A free-standing till can be placed anywhere in the shop, and a trolley filled with treats can be pushed along the cobbled streets of Hogsmeade village in the summer.

49926184563_796ae2becf.jpgHoneydukes 4 by Scarlet Patronus, on Flickr

49926998737_05b3926544.jpgHoneydukes 5 by Scarlet Patronus, on Flickr

The journey of getting from “render to real life” began with a build on Bricklink Studio. From there, pieces were picked from our existing collection of LEGO. Any others were sourced on LEGO’s Bricks & Pieces service and Bricklink, or substituted for alternatives we already owned. The model was finally assembled when all pieces had been gathered. Photos of the "real-life" build will be posted soon.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post! If you’d like to keep up to date with our other MOCs and creations, please follow us on Instagram – instagram.com/scarlet_patronus_ . If you’re interested in trying the build yourself, instructions will be available soon from a link in our bio. Any thoughts or feedback would be welcomed!

UPDATE: Instructions are now available via our eBay store: https://ebay.co.uk/usr/scarletpatronus

Edited by Scarlet_Patronus

That's lovely.  Interesting technique for the bay windows.  I especially like the chocolate fountain and the well-stocked shelves!

13 hours ago, deraven said:

That's lovely.  Interesting technique for the bay windows.  I especially like the chocolate fountain and the well-stocked shelves!

Thank you very much! The shelves and fountain where designed to be easily removable from the build, so you can change their locations around! 

It looks great! I’m interested in getting your instructions and I hope you can make more models like this.

Beautiful build! My wife and I just went to Universal (for the second time) last October, and already I want to go back!

11 hours ago, Only Sinner said:

It looks great! I’m interested in getting your instructions and I hope you can make more models like this.

Thanks :D if you follow us on Instagram, we will be posting pictures of our “real life build” this weekend. Instructions will be made available shortly ☺️ We are working on other HP MOCs, but if you have any suggestions they would be welcome ☺️

6 hours ago, tafkatb said:

Beautiful build! My wife and I just went to Universal (for the second time) last October, and already I want to go back!

Thank you! It’s amazing there - so much so that we want to capture that version of Hogsmeade Village in LEGO form! 

UPDATE: Here are the real life photographs of the MOC!

49956375986_e55bd1e387.jpgHoneydukes 12 by Scarlet Patronus, on Flickr

This is the physical version of our Honeydukes model! The journey of getting from 'Render to real life' began with a build on Bricklink Studio. From there, pieces were picked from our existing collection of LEGO. Any others were sourced on LEGO's Bricks and Pieces service and Bricklink, or substituted for alternatives we already owned. The model was finally assembled when all the pieces had been gathered. We hope you like how it looks!

49956663787_0cdbf6ab29.jpgHoneydukes 6 by Scarlet Patronus, on Flickr

49955876058_9386fa3c1d.jpgHoneydukes 7 by Scarlet Patronus, on Flickr

49956664027_36d5c37249.jpgHoneydukes 10 by Scarlet Patronus, on Flickr

49956375716_a2e60b4448.jpgHoneydukes 9 by Scarlet Patronus, on Flickr

We plan to release the instructions for this model shortly, follow us on instagram 'scarlet_patronus_' for updates!

Edited by Scarlet_Patronus
Pictures too large