Sign in to follow this  
Bodi

[OL-FB] Terraman le Clairon

Ever since the discorvery of the New World, the colonies have been regarded as importants contributors to Oleon's royal treasurery. Alas, the view of tail ships full of exotic richess arriving from the other side of ocean became rare. The stakeholders of oversea's commerce couldn't refrain from asking the cause of this decrease in activity. Without obtaining a satisfactory, mainly because the colonial department preferred to play deaf and dumb for some obscure reasons. Consequently, the most enterprising of them put their money together to order a new Terraman from the Eltina Shipyards. Hoping to compensate their losses from more profitable shipping. 

They were indeed compensated, but from another way, they received a message from the admiralty informing them the requisition of their ship. From now on, all the shipyards shall work exclusively to satisfy military needs.

Historically, it was a common practice to convert Terramen/Indiamen as troop transports or auxiliary warships. 

A class 8 with 6 hull parts.

Yb4uRg.jpg

Six studs between gunports, no need to cram a lot of guns into a cargo ship,

Yb48Zq.jpg

The figurehead.

Yb4KzQ.jpg

Stern.

Yb4lss.jpg

Yb4nJS.jpg

Cargo hold.

8ZjaOU.jpg

Vive le Roi!

Spoiler

Yb4QMj.jpg

Wow, she is a beauty ! The ship shows class and elegance but at the same time looks like a warship. The gunports of the 2nd level are nice , as well as the stern.

For the rigging: it looks amazing. I can't even comprehend how you make it so detailed and good looking.

Would love to see her in an action shot. the lasts hot with the other ship is cool too.

I really like it. The size and the shape, and all the details! I'd agree about the number of guns, though. You'll barely fit any cargo in at all.

20 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Wow, she is a beauty ! The ship shows class and elegance but at the same time looks like a warship. The gunports of the 2nd level are nice , as well as the stern.

For the rigging: it looks amazing. I can't even comprehend how you make it so detailed and good looking.

Would love to see her in an action shot. the lasts hot with the other ship is cool too.

Thank you Fraunces. In fact nothing fancy with the rigging, it's just a time-consumming job.

19 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

This ship is a stunner! Superb all-round details!

Thank you Spud the Viking.

18 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

I really like it. The size and the shape, and all the details! I'd agree about the number of guns, though. You'll barely fit any cargo in at all.

Thank you Ross. 

15 hours ago, Sir Kingston said:

Another great ship! The rigging is stunning!

Thank you, glad you like it.

11 hours ago, KotZ said:

Wonderful work as always!

Thank you KotZ.

Amazing ship ! :pir-wub:

Do you have better pictures of her with a neutral background please ?

I know a ship this size is quite difficult to photograph but your vessel deserves it.

It could be a serious candidate for a Future Pirate Frontpage !:pir-sweet:

Looks beautiful!

I love how you made the deck smooth using SNOT, and the brown "rosters" (can't think of the word) that allow you to look down into the deck. Great detail! 

Definitely gonna steal some of your ideas here ;)

23 hours ago, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

Another wonderful ship, @Bodi! You did an excellent job putting those white hull parts to great use as well as those golden accents in the stern. As always, your rigging is excellent as well as your overall design of the ship. Love it! :pir_laugh2:

Thank you! Glad you like it.

17 hours ago, Faladrin said:

Amazing ship ! :pir-wub:

Do you have better pictures of her with a neutral background please ?

I know a ship this size is quite difficult to photograph but your vessel deserves it.

It could be a serious candidate for a Future Pirate Frontpage !:pir-sweet:

Thanks for commenting. By neutral, you mean a white background?  A piece of white cloth should do the trick.:pirate:

17 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

The more you build ships, the prettier they end up!

And much faster.:pir_laugh2:

17 hours ago, Thomas Waagenaar said:

Looks beautiful!

I love how you made the deck smooth using SNOT, and the brown "rosters" (can't think of the word) that allow you to look down into the deck. Great detail! 

Definitely gonna steal some of your ideas here ;)

Glad you like the snot deck, I forgot the correct word these "grids", they are built with 1*1 brown bricks, part number 4070, they are connected to the deck with snot bricks.

On 5/25/2020 at 1:48 PM, Bodi said:

Thanks for commenting. By neutral, you mean a white background?  A piece of white cloth should do the trick.:pirate:

Yes for example.

Or a blue one.

I am essentially looking for a plain sight of the entire ship in front of a white or blue background with enough quality phot to publish it as a Frontpage news.

Of course if it's possible for you. :pir-blush: