mapimi

Lego 10277 - Crocodile Locomotive

16 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Sinnce you are the Steam Rod man here...:wink:
Are you planning a triangular rod for this locomotive or can I convince you that we really want it.
hint hint, wink wink

I'm open to design suggestions for the rods on this loco. For the stock set with minimal modifications you will forever have the loss of the third wheel. Taking the two  driving wheels that remain, to my eye it doesn't look like there is sufficient room for the triangular rod. In real life it would to to a counterweight ahead of the front driver wheel, but that space looks to be unusable due to the swing of the pilot axle.

After making a small modification to allow the jackshaft to rotate I am thinking a three hole, one piece rod (designed to look like two separate two hole rods). I will try to capture the essence of the triangular rod while being limited on how far I can go beyond the lead driver axle.

10 hours ago, ps1flyer said:

If you're used to the lightning-fast Amazon store this is puzzling but now I'm used to it and not worried anymore. If the store system properly displays an order number, the confirmation mail will come sometime later, for sure.

Well, that's what got me worried this time: the shop-page went to a "oops, something went wrong, please try again"-page. But the money was still taken from my creditcard. Anyway, about an hour later the confirmation mail arrived and the order is also shown in my account ("In warehouse", so hoping it'll get here soon).

Now I just have to wait until they come back on what to do with my voucher that didn't get accepted and now has 45 days left - and nothing I want to buy.

I just downloaded the latest Powered Up app to try out the controller for the Crocodile, and well, I'm a little impressed.

Firstly, it doesn't work in 10-speed increments - it's smooth 1-speed increments all the way. Secondly, there are two wheels - one for speed, and one for braking. Using these two you can set a maximum speed and control with that. For example you can set speed at 50% permanently, and use the brake to stop or go up to that maximum speed.

Was able to order mine last night at 11pm CST. A few hiccups but my order is shipped nonetheless. As of about 9am this morning it was backordered for July 17th. Now it is backordered for the standard 60 day message. Excited to have it arrive in a few days. Glad I was able to grab one as who knows when they will be in stock.

-RailCo

Mine is also on the 60-day backorder. It'll be a nice treat in August when I've forgotten about it.

One down, four to go!

I completely missed the promo set (but no worries about that). When I first loaded up the store page (Germany) at 7 minutes before midnight, the Croco was still "not available", but when I refreshed two minutes earlier (still 5 min to midnight), I was able to order. But nothing was mentioned of the promo set. Maybe that became available only at midnight? Anyway, I don't care, my package has already been shipped and has a valid tracking number. 

3 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

This must have been a VERY limited first run due to COVID.

Nah, we had those problems before, since years. For me it started with 42056 back in 2016. Sold out in a couple of hours.

TLG just can't get their shop right!

Edited by Coolusername

My Croc and 12-in-1 promo set just shipped. Very happy day indeed.

Statusupdate...

SHIPPED

"dancing on the table"

plus a baby Lambo* and something thats called 12 in 1

*happy Sian:roflmao:

Just now, Coolusername said:

TLG just can't get their shop right! I don't think they have a plan about their fanbase

Hmmm ... or maybe they just send out a "probe", see how that lights up and then eventually fire up hundreds of molding machines when they sort of know? AFOLs may be more patient plus many seem to wanting to sell the set when the price goes through the roof after official retirement.

But what do I know, I just play with bricks.

Oh, I just checked because I do never pay attention to any promo thingies, read it above: My parcel is on its way and apparently there are two additional itmes in there: "Lamborghini Huracán Super Trofeo EVO" as well as a "12-in-1-summer-fun" thing. I don't have the faintest idea how these made it into the parcel, but so be it. HOWEVER: I have a feeling that these two sets will sooner or later be as much worth as their volume in pure (999) Gold. Or make that Platinum. Or Osmium. Maybe ... Iridium. Perhaps I will be able to purchase the entire LEGO shop. Or even more!!!

Just kidding - of course. I like the "Trofeo" bit though. And "12-in-1" sounds like an (imperial) measure of summer fun, doesn't it? :pir-huzzah1::pir-huzzah2::pir_laugh2:

Have fun!

All the best
Thorsten

@Tallus and @JaBaCaDaBra: Soon, the franchise rights alone will make us rich beyond our wildest dreams ... as Dr. Venkman said a couple of years ago ...

:pir-huzzah1:

Best
Thorsten 

I ordered this morning at around 0900 (9AM) Mountain Time; being in the US, it gave me a limit of three, which is exactly how many I wanted (for me:  I don't part things out).  I got the bonus automatically, 1905 points automatically, and was told they'd ship 17 July--which I can stand.  I also didn't try to use my 3800 other points, figuring I will use them all on other things. ... possibly on Powered Up stuff.

Metta,

Ivan

10 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Google found this 12 in 1 thing, my granddaughters will for sure like it.

Ouhhh nice one!!! No grand children here yet - and I am the only one in the household to believe in the brick. So: I like it!

Will do the sand castle, flamingo, and the pineapple (with a few extra pieces flying around here).

Thanks for the reference!

Best
Thorsten

Edited by Toastie
Don't press Submit if you are not done

Funny thing is that i wanted to order this morning when it was still in stock, but it didn't added the 12 in 1 set to my cart, so i waited to midday not knowing it will be in backorder by then.

Oh well, Trains don't sell aparently :sarcasm_hmpf:

Will my other items from the Order (city safari "defender" and a PF infrared receiver, and the GWPs) shipped seperate before the 20th august.??? Or will they be in warehouse for months until the croc is available again???

Edited by Coolusername

Just got a shipping notification for mine, woop! Looks like I got in before it became backordered.

6 minutes ago, Coolusername said:

Oh well, Trains don't sell aparently :sarcasm_hmpf:

You never know, they might have only made 50 of them worldwide. :p

Mine still "in warehouse" mode...  But it means I still have a whisker of a chance that I made it through before they ran out of them...

Here's on hoping that I'm right....:pir-huzzah2:

I placed two orders, for one Croc each.  One just past midnight, and one about 15 minutes after that.  Checked this morning, and they both said "In Warehouse".  Checked just now, and they've both "Shipped"!!  Woohoo!!!    But I do feel empathy for those whose orders are back ordered.  (Should have ordered PoBB on release day...)  I'm not reselling.  One for me, one for the boy.

Listen to your customers, TLG, make more trains!

Well I'm glad I ordered mine at midnight - I was on the fence about it, but glad I got it, because now in the UK it says backorders will ship by 15th Sep. Mine is shipped and should be here in 2 days. I really hope LEGO sees this launch as a sucsses, but whether or not we get trains more regularly will be based upon how well it sells across the next 1 or 2 years, not the Train AFOLs refreshing their computer at midnight.

Ordered mine this morning at 8.00 in Germany by phone. Only a 10 minute wait for the lovely person to answer. Apparently all the call centre staff are working from home. My order went through and now says it is "in warehouse" along with the two freebie sets. I find phoning a lot easier than online ordering. Nice to talk to friendly call centre staff.

5 hours ago, grymg said:

For anyone in the US who got in their orders at midnight, was anyone able to get the free Creative set (over $85) automatically added into their cart?  I thought it was a glitch so decided to wait until the morning, now the croc is sold out for backorder :pir-bawling:

Anyways, still unable to get the free set to show up in the cart today.

Here in Ireland I saw the Croc available after 11pm (so after midnight on the continent) but the freebies weren't there yet. Tried again just after midnight and the Lambo polybag was showing in my cart.

Went ahead and placed the order before going to bed and in the morning the order confirmation showed both the Lambo and the 12 in 1. 

They must have resolved their warehouse issues because I've already got a shipped confirmation. Previous order took a few days to ship.

Now I'm just hoping DPD aren't going to #### this up like they did with the Fiat...

7 hours ago, Toastie said:

Well, 11 BST in summer is GMT+1, which is very close to UTC+1. In Germany, we are on CET which is in summer UTC+2, which in turn is close to GMT+2 and thus BST+1.

In other words, you may have pressed the "purchase" button within a few seconds I pressed it.

And now imagine, we would travel close to the speed of light in opposite directions ... that would cause some confusion over at TLG, I can tell ... BTW I may have all the plus signs incorrect. Should that be, replace them with minus signs.:pir-classic:

Best and have fun with your crocs!!!
Thorsten 

Yes, assumed it was something to do with British Summer Time :) Just the one train for me, and sadly I missed out in the promo - but there is no way I could stay up till midnight and they would have been gone by the morning so I’m happy. Had shipping notification so will hopefully be here in a couple of days :)

In the mean time I played around with the updated app.

Yes, speedcontrol now, perfect.
But this works ONLY with the technic L motor

I tried all other motors
Spike large and small
Technic XL
WeDo

nada, only the Technic L works.
And with that I mean that other motors do nothing at all.

But now for something completely different. :classic:

I've finished building the Crocodile in stud.io e.g. for rendering and MOD purposes, based on the now published instructions.

If you need the file for your modifications or whatsoever:    https://www.dropbox.com/s/mbvaqj8t9mz4hnj/10277.io?dl=0

The build should be accurate, with the exceptions of prints (which are missing) and minifigs, which are approximate only, of course. Colors should be mostly correct (fingers crossed :classic: ), the only items that are not 100% exact are the magnetic couplers and the small train wheels in terms of item number, but optically they look correct.  And the whips = red electrical cables on the roof are not flexible. The rubber tires to the big wheels are missing, though.

Have fun!

10277_2.jpg

Edited by ps1flyer