mapimi

Lego 10277 - Crocodile Locomotive

So ... finished building and put this fine model on the actual track. That was a nice build (my 8 yr old son helped, did all the "double" parts in parallel) and my kids and I like it.

By the way, my digital stud.io model has a few color errors and a few very minor part errors; will provide an update some time later.

Edited by ps1flyer

2 hours ago, ps1flyer said:

That was a nice build

I can only "confirm". It really is. Not done yet, but I really like the way this model is thought out. With all the ingenuity of EB (and other) builders, particularly the train heads, this will even further improve - I will certainly follow @Dirk1313's pimps. 

But - have said that before somewhere else: It is always a little more "directed" (not easy - but already heading somewhere) to improve a model. Beginning from scratch though, it is really tough to adhere to 1) constraints from the business folks running the joint, 2) keeping it as close as possible to 6-wide (I know, I know), and 3) make it look "nice". Plus: Time may surely be an issue. And I must add - allow to seamlessly and easily implement PuP functionality. All that makes me tipping my hat (that I actually never wear in real life, but "put on" for this purpose), and slightly nodding.  

I can only congratulate the TLG building folks, regardless of having maybe IDEAS input or other builds floating around, for this model. It is impressive in many, many ways.

For those of you awaiting delivery: It is worth it. Every second.

Just my 2 cents - as if anyone would care. But that is what I see in this Crocodile.

All the best
Thorsten

My Krokodil will arrive on Tuesday the 7th.  Right after my long holiday US weekend, but that’s ok. 

I have a question for the Powered Up Gurus here: Is it possible to use the app of the Krokodil to control two locomotives; each locomotive with its own motor and hub. 
in other words; can the single app control two different hub/motor setups ?...

1 minute ago, Wimmer said:

My Krokodil will arrive on Tuesday the 7th.  Right after my long holiday US weekend, but that’s ok. 

I have a question for the Powered Up Gurus here: Is it possible to use the app of the Krokodil to control two locomotives; each locomotive with its own motor and hub. 
in other words; can the single app control two different hub/motor setups ?...

The "Make" area of the app can control a maximum of 4 hubs in the same program.

Still in stock on John Lewis (UK) but unfortunately doesn’t come with the Lego shop promo sets.

I dragged my feet yesterday morning wanting to use my VIP points (haven't redeemed them using the new system).  When I finally placed the order it was on backorder.  I was quite upset with myself.

Today I had to go to the mall to return an item to a different store and stopped by the LEGO store to see if they had any.  They had 2 in stock and I bought mine, came home, and built it.  Awesome model!  I left the other one in the store for someone else.  Reading the thread I checked online and it looks like Barnes & Noble has them in stock...

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/toys-games-lego-creator-expert-crocodile-locomotive-10277/34871859?ean=0673419330558

14 hours ago, JopieK said:

I waited till 12 o'clock, then PayPal failed for some reason

I have never had luck with PayPal and S@H. They reserve the funds but never take them out and eventually cancel the order

1 hour ago, zephyr1934 said:

I have never had luck with PayPal and S@H. They reserve the funds but never take them out and eventually cancel the order

I'll keep that in mind for next time and just directly use my credit card. They were fast with shipping the motor and the promotions though I just received them this morning.

Last night I decided, on a whim, to drive to my local Lego store, about 30 minutes away on the chance they had one in stock. I only bagged the last one on the shelf didn't I!? Picked up the Brickheadz Lucky Cat to take me to £99 and ended up getting an additional 4 sets as GWP: 40411 Summer 12 in 1, 40370 7810 Train 40 years, 40409 Hot Rod and 30412 Friends polybag. Not a bad haul.

Now I just need to convince the wife that we need to open it this side of Christmas. She's on about me having it for my Birthday... next year!

Picked one up at the LEGO HOUSE today (and "the wooden duck"). now friday evening will be very nice.

Just build it, but I can't seem to get the Powered Up stuff to work - it said online that my S7 was compatible, but if I try to connect the hub while Bluetooth is on, it says the hub, bootloader is it's name apparently, blocks the attempt. Every other method gives me blinking lights and a display of the hub with a 0% image behind it, at which the hub shuts down and won't turn on again. Is it broken, or am I stupid?

Hi, assuming you have the "Hub" (8x4, 88009) you should disconnect all motors or sensors, remove batteries, insert them  and try once more.

Edited by Lok24

Thank you! While I got the same result at first, it's now updating the firmware - did not do that at first, and now it's rolling! Thanks alot!

Explanation:

There are two "programs" in the hub: the firmware  and the Bootloader.

The Bootloader is fixed in the hub and cannot be changed, it handles the firmware load process into the hub.
Problem: the Bootloader in the 88009 is erroneous.

If a sensor or tacho motor is attached it starts the process, bur doesn't load and turn off the light!
But the hub is still running in inconsistant state.
Therefore: remove batteries to turn it really off and remove all sensors and motors.

Edited by Lok24

1 minute ago, Lok24 said:

remove batteries to turn it really off

And after reinserting batteries; from state OFF press the button till the led starts flashing.
At that point it also erases the internal ram.

@Lok24 can it be that these hub have a NV ram?
Just removing batteries not always solves things, like letting it forget a previous connected handset.

That's really weird, but good to know - loco runs just as bumpy as in the videos I have seen but seems to operate well, aside from the last truck derailing at high speeds without anything attached to the loco. What a beauty!

1 minute ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Just removing batteries not always solves things, like letting it forget a previous connected handset.

I think this is not a bug but a feature, included from the beginning.

1 hour ago, Lok24 said:

I think this is not a bug but a feature, included from the beginning.

I know, for the normal user this is a very good feature, click and connect.
But if you want to get rid of it you really need to reset the hub, removing batteries won't let it forget.
So they probable used a non volatile ram wich means we can also store little programs in it.

2 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

So they probable used a non volatile ram wich means we can also store little programs in it.

As far as I know this is not intended.

A way to load resident programs is to use pybricks and make the program part of the firmware.

Edited by Lok24

18 minutes ago, Lok24 said:

use pybricks and make the program part of the firmware

I've seen that and i'm very interested in this..
it could mean we can make trains more or less independent.

12 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

it could mean we can make trains more or less independent.

only "more". Momentarily it is not poosible to connect other devices (like a hendheld) to it, as far as I know.

2 minutes ago, Coolusername said:

I think it's out of stock worldwide now :wacko:

Still petting mine :laugh:
First coffee now and after that.....

Hoffentlich können Sie ein bisschen Scherz bewältigen

Edited by JaBaCaDaBra