mapimi

Lego 10277 - Crocodile Locomotive

not exactly, but date of app on my tablet is 13.5., in the app store it is marked with 18.5., and it was definitely available on the 20th of may (release date)

Edited by Lok24

1 hour ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Can anyone remember the exact date that the PU app was updated for the Haunted House?  Just as a pointer as to when the Crocodile update will come.

I think it would be day of release, so the 1st of July. Maybe late on the 30th if you’re on the USA westcoast like me ?....

Unlike when the ISS became available, the online shop did not crumble. :classic: My order did go through already ... looking forward to delivery now.

Hmpf. TLG can go *do some stuff that could otherwise be pretty pleasant but in this case is meant as an expletive* itself. VIP-voucher not redeemable (20 euro gone), "something went wrong" message after clicking OK - creditcard charged, but no order anywhere.

Here's hoping my order will get through eventually, but seeing as I can't even put in a complaint about not being able to use my VIP-voucher I don't have high hopes about customer service if it doesn't. The whole VIP system doesn't work for me, so this is the last time I'm ordering from the lego store for non-exclusive stuff.

So I follow the SBB on Instagram, and right on time, they went and posted this beautiful picture. I guess I gotta go start designing 6 wide passenger cars! :D

EDIT: How have I only just noticed the similarity between the SBB logo and the Lego trains logo...

Edited by Mr Hobbles

17 minutes ago, jfbat said:

The whole VIP system doesn't work for me, so this is the last time I'm ordering from the lego store for non-exclusive stuff.

Oh yes, that could very well be.

But when "hot stuff" like this one (20 pages here on EB alone ... in one of several topics) is announced and a fraction of the population of Earth is waiting to see the July 1st thing appearing on the super precise internet clock website - and TLG opens business up that very time ... I go with the simple stuff: Put it on the wish list yesterday, clicked on that on 00:00:15 (was distracted by listening to MSNBC regarding the super smart way Trump is handling all that total mess), put it into the shopping cart, selected the shipping method, clicked on PayPal which is in turn automatically connecting to a bank account, and done. 00:00:30 they told they added 700 something VIP points to my account and PayPal told me about the same time that I paid money to TLG.

Was really smooth, I had a) a beer, and b) a "Korn" in place to be ready to curse like crazy. But no: As smooth as it could be. Well, beer and Korn go also very well with me without yelling.

Guess I will take cars of those "points" when there is less heat around.

All the best and cross fingers, that it went at least through for the Croc.

Thorsten

VIP discount worked and I placed my order. Money has been sent, but I have no order confirmation in my email or on the LEGO website. Is this common? I rarely buy from shop at home.

Two hours and 15 minutes before we can order !!!

3 hours ago, Mr Hobbles said:

So I follow the SBB on Instagram, and right on time, they went and posted this beautiful picture. I guess I gotta go start designing 6 wide passenger cars! :D

EDIT: How have I only just noticed the similarity between the SBB logo and the Lego trains logo...

Gorgeous picture and scenery !!!   It makes me a little homesick seeing it. 

6 hours ago, Toastie said:

All the best and cross fingers, that it went at least through for the Croc.

In the end I did get a confirmation of the order. But for the second time in a short period it really wasn't smooth sailing. It's taking away from the fun-experience buying a somewhat special lego-set should be.

Anyway: hope the set itself will take some of that gripe away.

1 minute ago, jfbat said:

In the end I did get a confirmation of the order. But for the second time in a short period it really wasn't smooth sailing. It's taking away from the fun-experience buying a somewhat special lego-set should be.

Anyway: hope the set itself will take some of that gripe away.

Same here. Got the order through, and took my VIP code for a small LEGO set on the side, took my money but nowhere is the confirmation email yet ?...

At least I took a snap shot with my phone of the order number if it goes south.  

I do agree though, this takes away from the fun of buying a “special” set on opening night...  It’s frustrating...   :wall:

Same here, but the confirmation email came finally through some 10-15 minutes later. But this time I was not worried because I've experienced the same store behaviour during earlier "midnight" releases of highly anticipated sets (e.g. ISS or Lunar Lander) which were causing high loads on the server.

If you're used to the lightning-fast Amazon store this is puzzling but now I'm used to it and not worried anymore. If the store system properly displays an order number, the confirmation mail will come sometime later, for sure.

p.s.

Thanks for the instrucions link ... the motor and hub are already sitting on my desk.

My confirmation came through after a while, glad I did buy early though because it's already on backorder in the UK. Hopefully this means it's selling well (not covid limiting stock) and if it keeps up LEGO will sell more trains

A limit of 1 per household is not going to do the sales figures for this set any favours.

1 hour ago, Duq said:

1 per household

Thats only during the initial release.
Sold out here at 00:20 but I got myself one.

6 hours ago, jlsm511 said:

Instructions are up

But no changes to the app yet.

It seemed to be available before midnight on the UK store so I managed to get one at just gone 11 last night (and was a limit of 2 when I saw the page)... After an initial ‘hang’ the site behaved, and I even managed to use points and a gift card easily :)

31 minutes ago, Coolusername said:

Mine is on Backorder, ofc it is :hmpf_bad:

Which date? 20th of August?

16 minutes ago, Lok24 said:

Which date? 20th of August?

Yes... ridiculous:wall:  :ugh:

Edited by Coolusername

5 minutes ago, Coolusername said:

Yes... ridiculous:wall:  :ugh:

And the number to be ordered depends on the contry you order and the time, it started with 2 on midnight in germany.

It was 10. of July(!!!) this morning  9:30 in Germany, only 1.

Now it's 1 for 20th of August.

2 hours ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

But no changes to the app yet.

App is now available (since app. half an hour)

Edited by Lok24

7 minutes ago, Lok24 said:

And the number to be ordered depends on the contry you order and the time, it started with 2 on midnight in germany.

It was 10. of July(!!!) this morning  9:30 in Germany, only 1.

Now it's 1 for 20th of August.

Yeah, they can't be sold out that quick?! Or TLG only made 10 sets for their warehouse again, like we had just with the lambo...

Why do the let customers buy 2 and other people don't even get a chance...

In the morning, backorder would be shipped by 10th July in Germany, but now it says by 20th August :sceptic:

But what is interesting, money was taken from my bank account, after like 10 minutes I got my email which said my order is cancelled because they don't ship to freight forwarding adresses* and 1 minute after that I got an email confirming they received my order. WTF TLG?

*: because 10277 in Germany costs 97 euro right now, in my country - full 120 euro, and the shipping is 4 euro...

1 hour ago, PeteM said:

It seemed to be available before midnight on the UK store so I managed to get one at just gone 11 last night

Well, 11 BST in summer is GMT+1, which is very close to UTC+1. In Germany, we are on CET which is in summer UTC+2, which in turn is close to GMT+2 and thus BST+1.

In other words, you may have pressed the "purchase" button within a few seconds I pressed it.

And now imagine, we would travel close to the speed of light in opposite directions ... that would cause some confusion over at TLG, I can tell ... BTW I may have all the plus signs incorrect. Should that be, replace them with minus signs.:pir-classic:

Best and have fun with your crocs!!!
Thorsten 

Got my order in at 8:10 am Eastern Daylight TIme, paid with a gift card my son gave me for Father's Day plus a VIP award, total remaining with tax was $2.99. Now it shows Backorder on the order status page. Email confirmation says it will ship by July 17. I'll probably just hang on to it to eventually resell, doesn't fit my layout but I want to show Lego support in hopes of more trains.

Dave